[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

Hey,

this Mod is awesame.

But now i have a problem and i can’t find any solution.

I start from a complete clean install, I installed all mods with ckan and I play 64.

My Problem: In the Tracking station are only a few planets visible and selectable. Jool, Duna, Minimus, Sun, Eve, Kerbin, The other Planets are there but not selectable. There is also no visual symbol for there or their orbit. I also can’t focus the camera on the other planets.

But the neu horizons planets are in the game and Kerbal is a moon.

Any clues or advices?

Thank you very much.

Edited by Kovrtep

4 hours ago, Kovrtep said:

Hey,

this Mod is awesame.

But now i have a problem and i can’t find any solution.

I start from a complete clean install, I installed all mods with ckan and I play 64.

My Problem: In the Tracking station are only a few planets visible and selectable. Jool, Duna, Minimus, Sun, Eve, Kerbin, The other Planets are there but not selectable. There is also no visual symbol for there or their orbit. I also can’t focus the camera on the other planets.

But the neu horizons planets are in the game and Kerbal is a moon.

Any clues or advices?

Thank you very much.

Im sorry, i installed accidently the research bodies mod. That causes the problem. It wasnt a bug, it was a feature.

Thanks

I've been playing on and off with New Horizons since about 1.2 and am enjoying the new system, haven't made it out of the Sonnah system yet as interplanetary planning has gotten a lot more complicated, and the usual mods that can help with transfer window planning are having some hiccups. Got a research station orbiting Serran with an SSTO shuttle for science runs to the surface, although landing a plane on the surface with FAR is pretty difficult. I've been looking at the other different planets with atmospheres that I'd be interested in visiting like Titanus and Tidus and also Arin and to my surprise the tracking station indicates all of their atmospheric pressures at 0.6 atm (this also goes for Serran), despite the description of Titanus having huge atmospheric pressure.

If it's a display error, can it be fixed somehow? It would be nice to have some sort of estimate from the tracking station from gravity and pressure how hard plane flying will be on a particular planet. I've dug into the config files and found that they have different molar masses for their atmospheres and pressure curves, how do I estimate how well lifting surfaces will work on a planet from pressure and molar mass? It would also be useful to have the reference values for Kerbin, which I could not find anywhere in NH or Kopernicus' config files.

Edit: So I scoured the KSP wiki and it looks like it has some info on pressure at different altitudes and also lists the molar mass for the stock planets, I am still curious if/how to combine those two to estimate lifting surface effectiveness relative to Kerbin though.

Edited by Lyneira

• 2 weeks later...

@KillAshley I've had a recent update of Kopernicus to release 1.3.0-5 (Full disclosure, I am using NH 2.0.1 from CKAN) and it took me a while to notice but while looking at Vanor I noticed Tidus was no longer there. A helpful IRC user mentioned the latest Kopernicus breaks some things, so I uninstalled Kopernicus and manually installed release 1.3.0-4. Tidus is now back where it belongs, but the pack probably needs a fix to make it work with the latest Kopernicus release. I'm also happy to manually apply a MM patch if the issue and solution are known already.

I did a cursory search through the relevant KSP log file but could not find any error messages related to the loading of Tidus so I'm afraid I can't offer much help there.

1 hour ago, Lyneira said:

I did a cursory search through the relevant KSP log file but could not find any error messages related to the loading of Tidus so I'm afraid I can't offer much help there.

in the ksp install directory you can find a "Logs" folder, inside there's a "Kopernicus" folder, inside there are logs from all bodies.

the tidus log will most likely show what is going wrong.

4 hours ago, Lyneira said:

@KillAshley I've had a recent update of Kopernicus to release 1.3.0-5 (Full disclosure, I am using NH 2.0.1 from CKAN) and it took me a while to notice but while looking at Vanor I noticed Tidus was no longer there. A helpful IRC user mentioned the latest Kopernicus breaks some things, so I uninstalled Kopernicus and manually installed release 1.3.0-4. Tidus is now back where it belongs, but the pack probably needs a fix to make it work with the latest Kopernicus release. I'm also happy to manually apply a MM patch if the issue and solution are known already.

this issue has been fixed on the latest kopernicus release (1.3.0-6)

On 8/28/2017 at 8:58 PM, Ginlucks said:

The mod is realy cool, but is there a way or a wiki for know the delta-v?

I think your best option is to put a satellite in orbit of Kerbin and plot maneuvers to intersect the orbit of each planet (don't actually execute these maneuvers though). That way you can find out roughly how much delta-v it'll take to get to that planet once you're at the transfer window, though actually finding the transfer window is more challenging. Alternatively, you could plan to start most interplanetary missions from Sonnah orbit, which would be more efficient if you're using a reusable multi-mission transport as the large vehicle wouldn't have to get to Kerbin orbit each time and you'd be able to park it in very low Sonnah orbit to make good use of the Oberth effect. For finding the delta-v from that situation, use a satellite in the starting orbit and find out the delta-v with the method I suggested earlier with maneuver nodes.

22 hours ago, Plummet said:

I'm struggling to put an Ernus mission together. One basic problem I have is that my Kerbal heat-explodes on surface Eva, even it I land when the Sun is low and keep him in shadow.

Though I have yet to test this, I can think of a few options:

1. Rather than a conventional lander with a crew capsule, use an EVA seat and keep several radiators (the extendable ones) on the lander. If I'm not mistaken, a kerbal in a command seat is treated as a part and will be cooled by the radiators. This won't allow independent movement on the surface, however.
  2. I don't know how surface temperature on Ernus works, but have you tried waiting until night and doing the EVA then? It's possible that it'll be cooler at night and you'll be able to do an EVA safely.
Edited by eloquentJane

I'm having some difficulties attempting to run the game with New Horizons installed. It either won't load any saves (including new saves) or it's taking so long that it's indistinguishable from not loading saves at all (I waited about half an hour for a save to load and it still didn't). I've tested this with only New Horizons and the mods required to run New Horizons (Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and ModuleManager) so I know it's not any other mod that's causing the problem. The version of New Horizons that I'm using is the current one available on Github, linked in the first post of this thread. Kopernicus version 1.3.0.4; Modular Flight Integrator version 1.2.4.0; Module Manager version 2.8.1.

1 hour ago, eloquentJane said:

I'm having some difficulties attempting to run the game with New Horizons installed. It either won't load any saves (including new saves) or it's taking so long that it's indistinguishable from not loading saves at all (I waited about half an hour for a save to load and it still didn't). I've tested this with only New Horizons and the mods required to run New Horizons (Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, and ModuleManager) so I know it's not any other mod that's causing the problem. The version of New Horizons that I'm using is the current one available on Github, linked in the first post of this thread. Kopernicus version 1.3.0.4; Modular Flight Integrator version 1.2.4.0; Module Manager version 2.8.1.

it has been a while since I've seen KillAshley but I can try to take a look to your issue

click on the nyan cat in my sig and follow the instructions there :)

• 1 month later...

I seem to be having a problem.

Kerbin suddenly has a 35-minute rotation period for no apparent reason, and it goes away whenever I uninstall New Horizons.

What I'd like to know is whether this is a bug or a feature, and if it's a bug, can you please fix it?

17 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

Kerbin suddenly has a 35-minute rotation period for no apparent reason, and it goes away whenever I uninstall New Horizons.

What I'd like to know is whether this is a bug or a feature, and if it's a bug, can you please fix it?

Do you have other mods installed? Are you using the latest version of Kopernicus? And a log would help a lot.

20 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

what @Micro753 said, plus if you click on the nyan cat in my sig you'll find a more detailed list of files we need to understand what your issue is 

Hey all,

Sorry for disappearing, had a lot of personal issues last couple months such as losing my job and almost my home, so I haven't really been around. Once I'm up to it I'll be looking at fixing up NH again and addressing all the issues people have been having. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

X

oh and btw @Plummet landing at night won't change the exploding kerbals, it's very hot on Ernus. You do get about 5-10 seconds of EVA before you explode though, so use them wisely and quicksave a lot.

Edited by KillAshley

On 10/6/2017 at 5:25 PM, Micro753 said:

Do you have other mods installed? Are you using the latest version of Kopernicus? And a log would help a lot.

I'm running the following mods on KSP 1.3.1:

[x] Science! v5.11

Astronomer's Visual Pack v3.61

Community Category Kit v2.0.2.0

Community Tech Tree v 3.2.1

Community Terrain Texture Pack v1.0.1

Connected Living Space v1.2.5.3a

Contract Configurator v1.23.3

Contract Packs:

• Bases and Stations v3.7.0.1
  • Clever Sats v1.4
  • Field Research v 1.2.1
  • Kerbal Academy v1.1.7
  • Tourism Plus v1.5.2

Custom Asteroids v1.5.0

Custom Barn Kit v1.1.16.0

Distant Object Enhancement v1.9.1

Easy Vessel Swich v1.5

Environmental Visual Enhancements version EVE-1.2.2-1

Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.8.5.0

Kerbal Attachment System v0.6.3.0

Kerbal Engineer Redux v1.1.3.0

Kerbal Inventory System v1.7

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3

Kerbalism v1.2.9

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier v1.3.1-2

Loading Screen Manager v1.2.0

Modular Flight Integrator v1.2.4.0

Module Manager v2.8.1

Navball Docking Alignment Indicator CE-2 v1.0.3

New Horizons v2.0.1

OPM Galileo v1.2.3

Other Worlds Rebirth v1.1

Pheonix Industries EVA Survival Suit

Planet Patches For Principia

Principia (chasles) for KSP 1.3.1

Real Plume v1.0.0

Recovery Controller v0.0.2

Reentry Particle Effect v1.2a

REPOSoft Tech Agencies v1.5.1.0

Research Bodies v1.9.6

Scatterer v0.0320b

• sunflare

SETI Probe Parts v1.3.0.2

Smokescreen - Extended FX Plugin v2.7.5.0

Take Command Continued v1.4.10.1

Texture Replacer v2.6.0

Transfer Window Planner v1.6.2.0

Unmanned Before Manned v1.3.0.2

• challenge

Waypoint Manager v2.7.0

Edited by Scotskerb

On 10/18/2017 at 8:28 PM, Scotskerb said:

-SNIP-

First step is to try to recreate the issue without any other mods installed. If it doesn't happen, then start adding mods back a few at a time until it does. I would recommend starting with the mods that change or add functionality to the game, like KCT, BARIS, Research Bodies, etc. When it occurs, you will then know which mod is causing the conflict. Lastly, try recreating it with only the mod that caused the problem and New Horizons. Hopefully it will happen, meaning you found the conflict. Otherwise, it may be a conflict that only occurs with two mods together and New Horizons, which can be hard to find. If you've narrowed it down to the mod causing it, then tell us which one and post a log.

Edited by Micro753

@KillAshley I've been working on some Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements configs for this pack and am having an issue. The default Sci-Fi dust layer on Mun isn't showing up. I checked the configs, and everything references to it as "Mun," but the in game name displayed is "The Mun." I checked New Horizon's configs and everything I am seeing is also referring to it as "Mun" instead of "The Mun." Any insight/help would be appreciated, cause I'm stumped.

Alright this is starting to get annoying. For some reason KSP always loads with black rings on Sonnah on the menu and in game. I've done everything I can think of re-install the game uninstall all mods everything and it still shows up like this. Please help.

Edited by br54

21 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

The log?

The log file. post it in dropbox, google drive, or another file share site and give them the link when you post about the issue.

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log