[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

25 minutes ago, V8jester said:

You fixed it! The water doesn't pull a Houdini! Woo Hoo!

Yep, it was a pain to fix but it works everywhere and at all orientations now. Although there is a small performance hit I'm working on.

But yeah, this is awesome, I don't need the fake postprocessing ocean and it's flickering and z-fighting anymore.

yHmPSgF.png

Edited by blackrack

I'll just leave this here

GF3dJtU.jpg

44 minutes ago, HerrGeneral said:

http://imgur.com/a/kOcgY

I took a couple screenshots- maybe they're using a newer shader since 0.9.7.2? The effect looks super exaggerated, but it's definitely there.

Could you please check if this happens on procedurally generated planets also? I noticed that some features are only enabled on planets manually created, for example, only Saturn's rings look different when seen from behind (not sure what the effect is called but it has something to do with transparency and the thickness of the rings).

Edited by blackrack

11 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Could you please check if this happens on procedurally generated planets also? I noticed that some features are only enabled on planets manually created, for example, only Saturn's rings look different when seen from behind (not sure what the effect is called but it has something to do with transparency and the thickness of the rings).

Nice! Did you get the AA working?

On 2/11/2016 at 5:06 PM, Deizelpunk said:

Alright, if I COULD have the file I would really like it, I will probably modify it a lot but il be sure to credit you if I use it in a video or something!

Here you go! I take no responsibility for the consequences of using this craft, and full responsibility for designing it.

12 minutes ago, blackrack said:

*EPIC SCREENSHOT*

Okay, first off, that looks absolutely #$%"ing magnificent.

Second off, in 0.9.7.4 RC1, I can confirm that the sun glare absolutely gets tinted through atmospheres, no matter the composition or whether is procedural or not. With some, its less noticeable (slightly yellow sun to white sun), but other times you get something like this (the sun here is a yellow dwarf, this is a random procedural planet in the Milky Way): https://zippy.gfycat.com/RegalMindlessAntbear.mp4

In that gyfcat link, you can clearly see it tinted as yellow, red and pink/purple.

48 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Nice! Did you get the AA working?

Not yet, I found a fast gaussian blur shader I'll try soon though. That is one of the good screenshots that don't show any issues ;)

33 minutes ago, TyrannoFan said:

Okay, first off, that looks absolutely #$%"ing magnificent.

Second off, in 0.9.7.4 RC1, I can confirm that the sun glare absolutely gets tinted through atmospheres, no matter the composition or whether is procedural or not. With some, its less noticeable (slightly yellow sun to white sun), but other times you get something like this (the sun here is a yellow dwarf, this is a random procedural planet in the Milky Way): https://zippy.gfycat.com/RegalMindlessAntbear.mp4

In that gyfcat link, you can clearly see it tinted as yellow, red and pink/purple.

Alright thanks a lot.

5 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

any idea when that amazingness will be released? 

Probably will never be "released" as the method has inherent limitations, but I'll try to have a test version out soon along with all the new features and changes. A lot has changed under the hood and most new features are only halfway there but I will need some public testing and feedback.

1 hour ago, Hatura said:

So I am having problems with the ocean it looks very pixelated at times. All I have installed currently is SVE

http://imgur.com/MGCblri

Something is disabling mipmaps, try a different video mode (dx11, opengl), different KSP graphics settings and check your driver settings for anything that might be affecting mipmaps.

3 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Something is disabling mipmaps, try a different video mode (dx11, opengl), different KSP graphics settings and check your driver settings for anything that might be affecting mipmaps.

Would ActiveTextureManagement disable mipmaps?

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I wouldn't think it does but you're welcome to try. Last time someone had this it went away by switching to dx11.

So I did 3 things that I think helped it. In the the settings of Active Texture Management I changed the filtering from bilinear to trilinear and I think that solved something but at the same time I changed from opengl to dx11. The last thing I did was turn off a AMD setting that messed with mipmaps. Anyways all solved and thanks for making that awesome looking mod.

44 minutes ago, Cooboo said:

Yes, I understand that, but it won't give me a zip file it gives me a file I can't read. I was asking for a third download option

I still haven't received my spacedock email. Could you do something?

Edited: nvm, seems I can login now without confirmation.

Edited by blackrack

18 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I still haven't received my spacedock email. Could you do something?

Edited: nvm, seems I can login now without confirmation.

Me I'm still waiting for them to tell me how I ca help, they have yet to get back to me. I'm glad you've gotten on though. I know they are close to fixing this email issue, it's just that the website was erected extremely quickly and they have a ton of kinks to work out. I have faith though

3 hours ago, Cooboo said:

Yes, I understand that, but it won't give me a zip file it gives me a file I can't read. I was asking for a third download option

It's a 7-zip file, download 7-zip (it's free, fast and handles all the common compression formats) or wait a few seconds, I'm currently uploading to spacedock.

Edited: up on spacedock http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

Edited again:

Hmm, turns out the default shadow system can be used to make the terrain generate shadows, this complements the godrays nicely.

6qm2nyA.jpg

Postprocessing disabled so you can see the shadows:

XqOkkf1.jpg

Edited by blackrack