[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

On 2016-03-13 at 1:25 AM, Jackvony said:

I seem to have a problem where suddenly random things start disappearing or turning black then everything goes black and text, displays, gimbal, etc. become blocky and impossible to read.

Have the same thing. Think its havin problems with other mods. Gonna do some testing on w'end, will let yah know if i find the prob

5 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

As requested.  I'll have to see about getting a better pov.  Note the memory and framerate in the upper left.

Ocean w/OpenGL

Ocean w/DX11

It looks like you have the faulty mipmaps issue in OpenGL, mess with your mipmap driver settings and the quality settings and see if it fixes itself, or just play in dx11.

26 minutes ago, Pliuple said:

Have the same thing. Think its havin problems with other mods. Gonna do some testing on w'end, will let yah know if i find the prob

Pics? No idea what this issue is.

6 hours ago, Zlodeevi4 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/494htw61t5m684w/PlanetsList.cfg?dl=0      I have tried many settings, including was renamed kerbin to earth as mentioned earlier, but nothing helped.... this is the standard file that am using at the moment

Hmm, that's weird, I see nothing wrong, what does your depth buffer look like?

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

It looks like you have the faulty mipmaps issue in OpenGL, mess with your mipmap driver settings and the quality settings and see if it fixes itself, or just play in dx11.

Thanks for your help.

1. I seem to have a decent game going (for the most part), so I'm leery about messing with anything.  However, see 2.
  2. I'm not a gfx expert and have never had to adjust mipmap driver settings.  I am willing to learn, so how does one do this; in your mod, in my gfx card driver UI or somewhere else?
  3. Yah, play in DX11 now that I can run in that mode for more that a few scene changes.

3 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Thanks for your help.

1. I seem to have a decent game going (for the most part), so I'm leery about messing with anything.  However, see 2.
  2. I'm not a gfx expert and have never had to adjust mipmap driver settings.  I am willing to learn, so how does one do this; in your mod, in my gfx card driver UI or somewhere else?
  3. Yah, play in DX11 now that I can run in that mode for more that a few scene changes.

Just open up your gfx driver and play with things like allow mipmaps, and mipmap bias and the like. I suppose it won't make much difference though so you could stick to dx11.

And in KSP you could also try playing with the rendering quality slider.

3 hours ago, Zlodeevi4 said:

Hmm, weird, are you using the fallback terrain shaders? Are you using the SM 3.0 terrain shaders?

I removed version 195 today and loaded the newest Scatterer. I am also running EVE 7-4 and Astronomers Edge of Oblivion in Windows with all default settings. Sunrise and sunsets are gorgeous and the ocean is spectacular. My laptop frame rate was already poor so I'm used to the hit. 

I try to keep up with this thread but I don't really speak techno babble. There are two not immersion breaking things I noticed today. The lens flare is a bit too intense for my tastes. I haven't gone into Alt F10 yet to see if I can lower the intensity. Hopefully it is simple to change. The other thing I noticed is a black line at the horizon separating ground from sky. I don't recall seeing this mentioned. If it hasn't maybe it is the other mods I mentioned and I'll just learn to live with it.

Thanks for cranking up the beauty factor!

3 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

I removed version 195 today and loaded the newest Scatterer. I am also running EVE 7-4 and Astronomers Edge of Oblivion in Windows with all default settings. Sunrise and sunsets are gorgeous and the ocean is spectacular. My laptop frame rate was already poor so I'm used to the hit. 

I try to keep up with this thread but I don't really speak techno babble. There are two not immersion breaking things I noticed today. The lens flare is a bit too intense for my tastes. I haven't gone into Alt F10 yet to see if I can lower the intensity. Hopefully it is simple to change. The other thing I noticed is a black line at the horizon separating ground from sky. I don't recall seeing this mentioned. If it hasn't maybe it is the other mods I mentioned and I'll just learn to live with it.

Thanks for cranking up the beauty factor!

In the sunFlare.cfg gile, the first value in every line is the intensity of that component, adjust to your taste.

For the black line on the horizon, can't be fixed for now :/

3 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

@blackrack did you include an easter egg around the heating effects? I am probably totally wrong but they look different

Nope, post pics, I don't include easter eggs yet.

Edited: Saw your album on imgur, http://i.imgur.com/C4WpOTK.png this indeed looks different but I have nothing to do with it.

3 hours ago, Zlodeevi4 said:

how does it know?  AAA all found, sm3

In the KSP graphics menu settings I belive there are switches for fallback terrain shaders and SM3 terrain shaders.

Edited: 

Today's neat little trick: I disabled the ambient light on scaledSpace objects that was causing dark sides to appear lit. Dark sides are now dark, mun displays as a crescent, eclipses look better, mun isn't visible against the sun etc etc... Here's a quick before/after album:

It makes the celestial objects a bit darker though so i may have to turn up the scaledSpace light intensity a bit, however last time I checked it was tied to the PQS light intensity so we'll see...

Edited by blackrack

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

In the KSP graphics menu settings I belive there are switches for fallback terrain shaders and SM3 terrain shaders.

Yes Yes, I have enabled SM3, and with him and without him tried.... maybe make it easier?   you will simply send your current files scatter,  I try to run

Edited by Zlodeevi4

23 minutes ago, Zlodeevi4 said:

Yes Yes, I have enabled SM3, and with him and without him tried

Ok, I don't know why you have this but it seems like you're using and older version of KSP or your shaders are messed up and lacking the renderType tags for some reason.

Try this .dll file, In the main menu there should be a new option "ignore rendertype" tags, activate it and see if it helps. Keep in mind however it will causes some issues with transparent objects not rendering correctly with the scattering effects, and it doesn't fix the real issue which I believe lies somewhere within your installation.

Edited: Sorry that .dll was messed up, try this one:  https://mega.nz/#!zIZADDTB!4nNLIAiowMn6uLGJ1f9QDB8GbKXqgScaQ90-Y9xDYDs

Edited by blackrack

Today's neat little trick: I disabled the ambient light on scaledSpace objects that was causing dark sides to appear lit. Dark sides are now dark, mun displays as a crescent, eclipses look better, mun isn't visible against the sun etc etc... Here's a quick before/after album:

That looks really awesome.

Except the Jool one. I'm no expert, but the glowy full circle atmosphere seems not right at that angle to the sun.

Is that how it's supposed to look?

2 minutes ago, Val said:

That looks really awesome.

Except the Jool one. I'm no expert, but the glowy full circle atmosphere seems not right at that angle to the sun.

Is that how it's supposed to look?

Well I cranked up the atmosphere height for Jool and when you do that in scatterer the atmosphere seems to "glow" when seen from behind, this is also a common complaint for Duna.

That last pic of Jool looks fantastic! Every time I think you've plateaued with this mod. You show us something new that continues to blow us away. Nice work Blackrack

@Val here's with an atmoScale of 1 vs atmoScale of 3 that I showed earlier:

9 minutes ago, V8jester said:

That last pic of Jool looks fantastic! Every time I think you've plateaued with this mod. You show us something new that continues to blow us away. Nice work Blackrack

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Ok, I don't know why you have this but it seems like you're using and older version of KSP or your shaders are messed up and lacking the renderType tags for some reason.

Try this .dll file, In the main menu there should be a new option "ignore rendertype" tags, activate it and see if it helps. Keep in mind however it will causes some issues with transparent objects not rendering correctly with the scattering effects, and it doesn't fix the real issue which I believe lies somewhere within your installation.

Edited: Sorry that .dll was messed up, try this one:  https://mega.nz/#!zIZADDTB!4nNLIAiowMn6uLGJ1f9QDB8GbKXqgScaQ90-Y9xDYDs

Thanks, that at least solved the problem with the horizon but with water the same, when you turn on shaders the rest are broken, when it is disabled, everything works but the water standart((:(

Just now, Zlodeevi4 said:

Thanks, that at least solved the problem with the horizon but with water the same, when you turn on shaders the rest are broken, when it is disabled, everything works but the water standart((:(

Well I do not know about the water, and I don't know what you did, but I can tell your game is messed up in several ways, I suggest reinstalling.