Do you think Squad should leave the Round8 Toroidal Tank alone?

Do you like the Round8 the way it is?  

522 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Round8 the way it is?

• Yes! Leave it alone! Use something else for Xenon
    • No. I want it to be Xenon.
    • I don't care/I won't use it either way.

As far as i can see, most people would be happy with a round8 xenon-veriant besides the LFO-Version

That's no completely new model, that's just a new texture.

And even the texture does not need to be completely new, just the gold/orange-part needs to be changed to silver.

Tell me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't be that be roughly as hard as using photoshop for selective color correction on a simple jpeg?

Check last link in my signature.

Im against keeping the round8 as LFO, but with poll result and the massive backlash in the form of this thread, half the forum users avatars being changed, some changed sigs, and Im sure some reddit stuff, how has Squad not addressed this yet? Is there no one running damage control on this, or any form of PR?

Im against keeping the round8 as LFO, but with poll result and the massive backlash in the form of this thread, half the forum users avatars being changed, some changed sigs, and Im sure some reddit stuff, how has Squad not addressed this yet? Is there no one running damage control on this, or any form of PR?

My guess is it will come up in the next dev notes.

edit: You know. This could have all been avoided if Max would have just posted on the Orbiter forums, asking what they thought of a possibly change to the round 8.

Edited by klgraham1013
grammar

G G B O Y S

We have won. What did I tell you! SQUAD is always paying attention to their fan base. They have in the past, and they will keep on doing so :).

Oh and here's what the new tank looks like:

wR7RRlY.png

And these are a few new wings:

gGgtn78.png

Edited by Avera9eJoe

We saved the Life Saver!

As Maxmaps said, SQUAD was completely taken by surprise by the massive community backlash. (At least one thread in every section, not to mention a contracts pack, a mod, a challenge, and a poll with almost 500 responses showing over 70% support for LFO. To my knowledge, there has never been an outcry on this scale before on the forums.)

You can't show the new wings without pointing out that they're wet wings (contain fuel), otherwise they just look thick for no reason.

Not entirely true, and the Mk.3 wings actually look like they're modeled to be shuttle wings. And those gotta be big for structural reasons.

Also that intake looks like fun.

This was a triumph.

I'm making a note here:

Huge success.

It's hard to overstate our satisfaction.

KSP Forums.

We do what we must because we can.

All the good of all of us.

Except the ones who are stranded.

But there's no sense crying

over every mistake.

SQUAD just keeps on trying

till they run out of snacks.

And the Science gets done.

And you make a poll.

For the people who want the ROUND-8 to survive.

[...]

(Portal "Still Alive" reference.)

I want to thank everyone for their support on this. While I am overjoyed that everyone was so enthusiastic about saving the wonderful Round-8 tank, this thread resides in the Suggestions forum and now that we know the thread was a success, it is merely waste of space that some other wonderful idea could be occupying. For this reason I am requesting a moderator close the thread at this time. Thank you again!