Do you think Squad should leave the Round8 Toroidal Tank alone?

Do you like the Round8 the way it is?  

522 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Round8 the way it is?

• Yes! Leave it alone! Use something else for Xenon
    • No. I want it to be Xenon.
    • I don't care/I won't use it either way.

I understand that people are getting upset with the change as it will force them to make new designs and use different parts. But isn't that what has happened on most big up dates. I mean the game isn't released so Squad has every right to change it to xenon. Besides isn't there a big balance going on with changes to engine thrust and ISP and what not. Possibly part of that is changing fuel mass ratios of some of the tanks. Don't be so quick to judge the change

I'm with the 'make a second tank with a new texture' crowd on this one. It took me a moment to mull it over, but I realised I do actually quite like that tank as it is, but I do really like the idea of a xenon variant, too.

So, two tanks; one gold, one silver. Please :wink:

My standard "Klutznik" probe uses the 48-7S fed from an FL-T400 tank. I don't regularly fly anything smaller than that.

I always considered the Round8 to be too small for liquid fuel. I experimented with clipping them into 1.25 parts to add extra fuel capacity, but I decided I don't like clipping fuel tanks, so I stopped including it.

I'm with the 'make a second tank with a new texture' crowd on this one. It took me a moment to mull it over, but I realised I do actually quite like that tank as it is, but I do really like the idea of a xenon variant, too.

So, two tanks; one gold, one silver. Please :wink:

After a majority of the day to think it over myself, I fall in this camp as well. I think SQUAD should do a re-texture of the LF-O tank and change the color to silver with yellow accents or something along those lines. That would be a "best-of-both-worlds" scenario as far as I can tell, I can't imagine a re-texture of the asset would take very much more dev resources than changing out the LF-O to Xenon...

Has anyone noticed since 0.22, when called "career mode" was introduced, Squad haven't implemented, fixed or listened to anything the community has asked for or reported.

Examples;

The docking bug

"Career Mode" there are so many things that have been suggested that would make it so much better.

Oh and they also post bug news on sites like Facebook, Twitter and Reddit over there own official site.

I don't think they like us criticizing there beloved "Career Mode".

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that people are getting upset with the change as it will force them to make new designs and use different parts. But isn't that what has happened on most big up dates. I mean the game isn't released so Squad has every right to change it to xenon. Besides isn't there a big balance going on with changes to engine thrust and ISP and what not. Possibly part of that is changing fuel mass ratios of some of the tanks. Don't be so quick to judge the change

You may be interested to know an update has never caused me to reset saves or redesign crafts however this one will knock out nearly every single probe of mine as they wont funtion properly, its not even that which pi***s me off, its that i wont be able to crash them into Kerbin, Mün or Minmus once there mission is completed.

For clarification: I dont use the debug menu and i dont terminate flights from the TS. What goes up must eventually come down.

Has anyone noticed since 0.22, when called "career mode" was introduced, Squad haven't implemented, fixed or listened to anything the community has asked for or reported.

Examples;

The docking bug

"Career Mode" there are so many things that have been suggested that would make it so much better.

Oh and they also post bug news on sites like Facebook, Twitter and Reddit over there own official site.

I don't think they like us criticizing there beloved "Career Mode".

- - - Updated - - -

You may be interested to know an update has never caused me to reset saves or redesign crafts however this one will knock out nearly every single probe of mine as they wont funtion properly, its not even that which pi***s me off, its that i wont be able to crash them into Kerbin, Mün or Minmus once there mission is completed.

For clarification: I dont use the debug menu and i dont terminate flights from the TS. What goes up must eventually come down.

That's not true, actually. They definitely listened to us about Kerbal experience, since it was originally going to affect thrust and other craft attributes.

That's not true, actually. They definitely listened to us about Kerbal experience, since it was originally going to affect thrust and other craft attributes.

Yes but the current experience system is useless. Scientists have no use. Pilots are only useful in early game. Engineers are the most useful when sas is availiable.

Even though it looks more like a xenon tank than an LFO one, that's not a good reason to turn it into one. Also, I don't know what Harv meant when he said it is redundant, it's used so often because it clearly has good stats.

I might as well support 'saving the lifesaver' too.

Yes but the current experience system is useless. Scientists have no use. Pilots are only useful in early game. Engineers are the most useful when sas is availiable.

To be fair to Squad, there have been exactly 0 updates since that was added to the game so they've not really had the opportunity to change it in any way we'd know about it. For all we know, it's all different now.

Yeah, but the current golden donut is too big, make it be bigger and store exeon!.

"donut is too big, make it be bigger"

?:huh:

this doesn't make sense.

Edited by Capt Snuggler

Squad, leave the poor tank alone!

It never did anything wrong!

If this is it for it though, I'm bringing them to Laythe and Duna and setting up a memorial.

Actually, at least do that...

Anyone who wants to keep the golden tank please feel free to Gusturbo's 'save the lifesaver' avatar that I am also using. Show your support!

ALready done!

Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And the golden torus dawn!!

Forth Round8s!!!!

I'm indifferent: I've never really used the donut (as neat as it looks), nor done anything serious with ion. (Ion engines need to somehow work through normal timestamp to be useful IMHO.)

In my current game, the Oscar is completely worthless though: I get more dV, better TWR and lower cost with the small mono propellant tank and a pair of O-10 engines, at the cost of slight my higher weight -- in the same form factor. Plus I can add RCS thrusters for docking if I need to without needing another tank.

I won't change my avatar, but you all should know that the base that plane refueled was made possible because of Round8s

Round8s.

The Lifesaver saved lives of Kerbals and Probes, so let's return the favor.

#Savethedonut

If Squad is re-purposing parts for others just because they don't want to make new ones, that's silly. Just make a new part. Making one part, a fuel tank, is done by modders all the time and should be just as fast for someone at Squad to make.

Darn. You can't remove that part from the LFO family! It's my life ring and I can safely say that it's saved a few of my Lander designs more than once. it is their game though so if they want to change it, so be it. I voted to keep it, but it's the Developers' choice in the end. They've made it this far without any major mistakes. They'll do the right thing wether they change the texture or the fuel.

Major Mistake - Curse

It devided the community in half and this will has divided it in three's