Do you think Squad should leave the Round8 Toroidal Tank alone?

Do you like the Round8 the way it is?  

522 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Round8 the way it is?

• Yes! Leave it alone! Use something else for Xenon
    • No. I want it to be Xenon.
    • I don't care/I won't use it either way.

If you need big ion tanks on ion probes, you're doing them wrong.

Anyhow, too late for the hills. He's a witch! He weighs the same as a duck! Burn 'im!!!

*pitchfork* *torch* :P

*takes up pitchfork, joins Renegrade* XDDD lol.

I see what you mean though RCP27 as I've made Ion gliders before and a larger tank would be useful, though I wouldn't want it to replace the ROUND-8, as I use that part a lot for aesthetics. I'd suggest creating a variant of the ROUND-8 (Maybe the "ROUND-8 - XENON" even) that holds Xenon fuel rather then replacing it.

i'm going to swim against the current here. I only ever used the round8 like once, and didn't find it particularly useful. I have, however, had long range ion probes where i have felt a bigger tank would come in handy. I guess i should head for the hills now before the flaming torches and pitchforks start heading my way.

Witch!

Witch!

Lawl, so much burning.

Anyways, im of the opinion that (maybee for a future update) squad should consider allowing procedural fuel loading in every tank. That way i can pick anything from small to large, and just fill it up with whatever fuel percentages i want. I can shove a jumbo-64 full of xenon (not that id do that as its crazy), or make the super tiny xenon tank LF storage. Its let us use whatever tanks look the best, and then fill them with whatever resource happens to be the most beneficial to us.

Not something i expect in 1.0, but perhaps 1.1 or some future update.

Anyways, until then, ill just do what ive started doing fairly recently, if i want to use a round-8 for xenon storage under .90, i just edit the .craft and assign the tank to use a equivalent mass of xenon as there was LFO in it. Same with LF, if i only want LF, and no oxy, ill just edit the tank's properties (this is cfg independent, can be saved on each individual craft) to be all LF. I dont consider this a cheat or exploit as im keeping equivalent fuel mass in it, im just making that fuel be the specific type i want it to be, instead of a predetermined option.

i personally never used the tank, and the 1.0 change to xenon may make it actually useful for my style, but i still think a lfo version should be availeable as many many players use it.

You do realise that if we back up the part we will have to change the name on all the round8's on all saved ships to stop it from deleting ships

No. You change the name of the new part. Then all old crafts are saved, and you get to have both parts.

You do realise that if we back up the part we will have to change the name on all the round8's on all saved ships to stop it from deleting ships

That's okay, because your old ships will probably fail in a dozen other ways with all the stock changes this update.

We need to establish a name for the tank as well as capacity and model so we can universally mod it back in instead of 200 different tanks.

Just change the new tank to something else. Or Squad could change it to a different ID, and then the problem would be solved.

Just change the new tank to something else. Or Squad could change it to a different ID, and then the problem would be solved.

We need clarity. If Squad will remove it no matter what the community says then please inform everyone that crft using this tank will be broken.

People spend a lot of time and effort building in this game and to break our creations without so much as a warning is unacceptable.

How can we get them to reply to this issue??

This thread is just waste of time. Squad seems not to listen community when they don't want to. They just doing what they want. Probably making a new tank model is to much effort according to rush for 1.0

I'd suggest to just wait and mod this tank back when 1.0 comes. And for bigger xeon tanks we can use one of awesome tanks from Near Future Propulsion by Nertea

We need clarity. If Squad will remove it no matter what the community says then please inform everyone that crft using this tank will be broken.

People spend a lot of time and effort building in this game and to break our creations without so much as a warning is unacceptable.

How can we get them to reply to this issue??

Come Tuesday, we shall know for sure. Probably.

Hopefully something will be released soon. I'm gonna do some investigating.

Probably making a new tank model is to much effort according to rush for 1.0

As far as i can see, most people would be happy with a round8 xenon-veriant besides the LFO-Version

That's no completely new model, that's just a new texture.

And even the texture does not need to be completely new, just the gold/orange-part needs to be changed to silver.

Tell me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't be that be roughly as hard as using photoshop for selective color correction on a simple jpeg?