Twitch Thursday: KSPTV to stream KSP 1.0

SQUAD

My god. DasValdez was pretty annoying doing his stream. (The only thing he liked more during his stream was himself.) But this Ronin dude is even worse. If I have to listen to him a minute longer I'm probably going to kill my monitor.

Haven't seen the Ronin stream, but I disagree with Das. All I saw was a kid in a candy store.

RoninPawn should have watched Das' stream. He'd know that igniting an engine as you decouple the lower stage causes explosions. And not good ones.

Yes, from the log it seems that engine exhaust is now destructive.

I'm enjoying EnterElysium's stream more than ksptv (for one thing his PIP doesn't take up 45% of the screen) and something interesting happened: He reached the limit of how far out his fairings would go. He could not make them wider than about 5x the base (ie, 2x the base out on each side)

EDIT: I went back to KSPTV and the streamer made his PIP smaller than it was at the start. But seriously that drove me away.

watching these youtube presenters makes me want to turn off my PC. Poor Editing, terrible voice overs, its like nails on a chalkboard...

Ouch.

That said, I don't do videos. And there is a reason...

Scott Manley's videos are always pretty good. I don't know about the others though.

Scott Manley's videos are always pretty good. I don't know about the others though.

Frankly, even his 1.0 review was under average. Seemed like he was trying it out for the first time.

I would have expected him to have prepared a bit more. It was ok, but it should have been better based on his past videos.

Edited by Wallygator

how do i rep the current caster (roninpawn) without finding a post of his? It´s for not being such a diva having to show us his face, among other things (think he´s funny and i like the versatile voice of his).

Das's audience complains if he minimizes the face cam.

(...) something interesting happened: He reached the limit of how far out his fairings would go. He could not make them wider than about 5x the base (ie, 2x the base out on each side)

(...)

Good to see there's a limit. It's far more than what you'd see on real life rockets anyway.

EVA and in-chaired Kerbals seem to die in re-entry heat even when protected by a fairing. I think the heat transfer gets to him even before the shield starts ablating.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, non-controlled things seem to still go through atmo faster than controlled things. :/

Looks like we have a bug. KSPTV Syvos is streaming right now and we are seeing launch clamps flying through the air several times during launch at altitudes of 10KM-20KM. One even hit the ship and caused rapid unplanned disassembly.

I think the media team didn't get the game until like yesterday. I think they possibly aren't ready because they had no time to get ready.

I thought das said they had access since experimental started but he had avoided them till last his stream?

It doesn't look like fairings are fixed..... :(

As long as this is the biggest complaint about incoming release, I'm perfectly happy.

tl; dr : In the end, it is just cosmetics :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.