[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

37 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks! That's a step in the right direction, but the displays show up as solid blocks of purple instead of drawing shapes and letters. I tried deleting ModuleManager.ConfigSHA and ModuleManager.ConfigCache in case there was some weird caching, and no luck.

rhW6xGY.png

What's the right place to report this packaging issue? Should I check in with the folks on the CKAN threads?

I'm having the same problem.

HebaruSan and _Krieger_, what's your JSI folder contents? There should be four folders, namely Agencies, JSIAdvTransparentPods, RasterPropMonitor and RPMPodPatches. I tried to reinstall RPM with CKAN again and now it installs only one folder - RasterPropMonitor (GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor).

Edited by AlexSheFF
Some fixes

Just now, AlexSheFF said:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/156657-hebarusan/ and http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/160353-_krieger_/ what's your JSI folder contents? There should be four folders, namely Agencies, JSIAdvTransparentPods, RasterPropMonitor and RPMPodPatches. I tried to reinstall RPM with CKAN again and now it installs only one folder - RasterPropMonitor (GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor).

I have:

Spoiler

$ ls -R JSI/
JSI/:
Agencies  JSIAdvTransparentPods  RasterPropMonitor  RPMPodPatches

JSI/Agencies:
Agents.cfg  JSI.png  JSI_scaled.truecolor

JSI/JSIAdvTransparentPods:
Plugins

JSI/JSIAdvTransparentPods/Plugins:
Config.cfg  JSIAdvTransparentPods.dll

JSI/RasterPropMonitor:
Library  Plugins  RasterPropMonitor.version  ThirdPartySupport

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library:
Components  Fonts  Parts  Props  Sounds  Textures

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components:
HUD  MFD40x20v2  NavBall

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/HUD:
heading.dds  hud-overlay.dds  ladder.dds  leftscale.dds  model.mu  planeHUDdiffuse.png  rightscale.dds  screen.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/MFD40x20v2:
MFD40x15v2-Diffuse.dds  MFD40x15v2-Emissive.dds  model.mu  screen-emissive.png  screen.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Components/NavBall:
HDG.png  NavBall000.dds  NavBall.mu  StaticMask.dds

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts:
baseFont.png  extraFont1.png  fontDefinition.txt  hudfont.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Parts:
ExternalCameraPart

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Parts/ExternalCameraPart:
external-camera.cfg  model000.dds

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Props:
CockpitHandle  IndicatorPanelReplacement  InternalAirlock  InternalFlagPlate  InternalHatch  SimpleProps  SwitchWCover

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Props/CockpitHandle:
eva-hatch.cfg  OpenHandleDiffuse.dds  OpenHandle.mu

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Props/IndicatorPanelReplacement:
model000.dds  model001.dds  prop.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Props/InternalAirlock:
eva-hatch-with-model.cfg  InternalAirLockDiffuse.dds  InternalAirLock.mu

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Props/InternalFlagPlate:
FlagPlate000.png  FlagPlate.mu  prop.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Props/InternalHatch:
CubeCollider.mu  eva-hatch.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Props/SimpleProps:
ActionGroupLabelledButtons.cfg  Blinkenlichten.cfg  SASModeButtons.cfg  TrimmerKnobs.cfg
AxisIndicator.cfg               JSISwitchable.cfg   SquareButtons.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Props/SwitchWCover:
mechSwitch.cfg  SwitchIcons.tga  Switch_w_cover_Diff.dds  SwitchWCover.mu

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Sounds:
buttonbeep.ogg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Textures:
bg01.png  graphgrid.png  noscansat.png  nosignal.png  scalebar.png  scaleLabels.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins:
RasterPropMonitor.dll  reduce-iva-cpu-usage.cfg  rpm-config.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/ThirdPartySupport:
hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg

JSI/RPMPodPatches:
BasicMFD  DisableTransparencyInEditor.cfg.noload  PatchesMod  PatchesStock

JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD:
graphset.cfg      p0_test.txt          p2_orbit_graphical.txt  p5_crew40x20.txt       pa_PFD.txt
MFD40x20.cfg      p1_landing40x20.txt  p3_target40x20.txt      p6_resources40x20.txt  pb_graphs.txt
p0_home40x20.txt  p2_orbit40x20.txt    p4_shipinfo40x20.txt    pa_HUDPFD.txt          PlaneHUD.cfg

JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod:
kp0110-pod-patch.cfg  kp0110-remade-internal.cfg  orbital-orb-patch.cfg  orbital-orb-remade-internal.cfg

JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock:
crew-cabin-patch.cfg        mk12pod-remade-internal.cfg       mk1landercan-patch.cfg         mk2landercan-remade-internal.cfg
cupola-patch.cfg            mk1cockpit-patch.cfg              mk1lander-remade-internal.cfg  mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal.cfg
cupola-remade-internal.cfg  mk1cockpit-remade-internal.cfg    mk1-patch.cfg                  mk2-spp-cockpits.cfg
generic3-cockpit-patch.cfg  mk1-inline-patch.nocfg            mk1-remade-internal.cfg        mk2-stock-cockpit-patch.cfg
mk12pod-patch.cfg           mk1-inline-remade-internal.nocfg  mk2landercan-patch.cfg         mk3cockpit-patch.cfg

@HebaruSan - it looks like the font shaders are not being loaded for you.  I'd like to get a log with some debugging info included - please go to JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins/rpm-config.cfg and change the 'DebugLogging = False' to 'DebugLogging = True'.  Once you do that, start the game and enter an IVA with MFDs.  You can then exit.  Post (KSPinstall)/KSP.log somewhere where I can download it so I can confirm my suspicions.

It seems the issue with the blank grey areas has been resolved. I just went to CKAN and saw that RasterPropMonitor had an update. I installed them through CKAN and then ran KSP. The RPM screens showed up this time and everything seems to be working fine.

25 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

@HebaruSan - it looks like the font shaders are not being loaded for you.  I'd like to get a log with some debugging info included - please go to JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins/rpm-config.cfg and change the 'DebugLogging = False' to 'DebugLogging = True'.  Once you do that, start the game and enter an IVA with MFDs.  You can then exit.  Post (KSPinstall)/KSP.log somewhere where I can download it so I can confirm my suspicions.

Sorry for the delay, I did a little mod pruning to clean up the log somewhat, as GCMonitor, SCANsat, and KER were raising suspicious-looking errors. Removing them didn't change anything, though. I don't see anything that looks like a shader problem, but it could be that I don't know where to look.

[LOG 13:27:31.223] Shader: Found embedded shader JSI.Shaders.RPM-DisplayShader-compiled.shader - valid
[LOG 13:27:31.005] Shader: Found embedded shader JSI.Shaders.RPM-FontShader-compiled.shader - valid

http://termbin.com/1r51

51 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Sorry for the delay, I did a little mod pruning to clean up the log somewhat, as GCMonitor, SCANsat, and KER were raising suspicious-looking errors. Removing them didn't change anything, though. I don't see anything that looks like a shader problem, but it could be that I don't know where to look.

[LOG 13:27:31.223] Shader: Found embedded shader JSI.Shaders.RPM-DisplayShader-compiled.shader - valid

[LOG 13:27:31.005] Shader: Found embedded shader JSI.Shaders.RPM-FontShader-compiled.shader - valid

http://termbin.com/1r51

No, it looks like RPM thinks the shader is up and running just fine, but the pink is typically a "missing shader" placeholder.  Unless there's something in the *NIX flavors of Unity that are causing my shaders to fail to load, and Unity's giving me its placeholder instead.

Sorry, I don't have an answer yet.

Just now, MOARdV said:

Sorry, I don't have an answer yet.

OK, thanks for the extra info; I'll keep this in mind and watch for any other clues to turn up. Maybe this shade of pink will show itself in some other mod or something. Cheers!

1 hour ago, PhoenixStar117 said:

Hey, for anyone having the pink screen issues like myself, FIXED IT! At least for me. My fix was removing my little "-force-opengl" from the Steam startup settings. Once it was removed, the screens began to work just fine.

I don't use Steam and i still have the pink bars 

I haven't played KSP in a while, so have skipped a few versions, but with this latest update I'm not seeing as much information on my primary screen as I'm used to. On the left Side it says "SAS :" and "RCS :" but doesn't tell me whether they are active or not. And "Throttle :" used to display the states of my throttle (0-100%) but now doesn't. Same goes for Gear, Brakes and Lights on the right. Any body else experiencing this? I did a manual install (no CKAN) on a fresh install of ksp.

RPM_Bug_zpsrlqlzwbx.png

2 hours ago, edemlama said:

I don't use Steam and i still have the pink bars 

Well, perhaps there is a separate setting in the stock game launcher or in a text settings file somewhere in the directory to turn off openGL (but I am no expert, nor even close a proper programmer so don't take my word on it; and I haven't used the stock game since 0.25).

2 hours ago, carranty said:

I haven't played KSP in a while, so have skipped a few versions, but with this latest update I'm not seeing as much information on my primary screen as I'm used to. On the left Side it says "SAS :" and "RCS :" but doesn't tell me whether they are active or not. And "Throttle :" used to display the states of my throttle (0-100%) but now doesn't. Same goes for Gear, Brakes and Lights on the right. Any body else experiencing this? I did a manual install (no CKAN) on a fresh install of ksp.

Get the latest version (v0.25.0 hotfix 36940) from GitHub.  I found that bug just a short while after the v0.25.0 release.

Getting grey screens after repeated re-installations and updates.  Tried the hotfix and still getting grey screens.  Tried running in 32 bit as well.  Not sure what's causing it anymore.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/271715738869535256/89BA13ECC5E430E9FB0952A0CFA628CCE84E50BB/

My output log file for 64-bit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv8jmag8ah89xpn/output_log.txt?dl=0

Mods I have installed:

• [x]Science!
  • Asteroid Day
  • Chatterer
  • Contrace Configurator
  • Contract Parser
  • Contract Window +
  • Distant Object Enhacement
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • Endurance
  • Engine Light (out of date)
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux
  • Kerbal Inventory System
  • Kerbal Attachment System
  • Module Manager
  • PlanetShine
  • Precise Node
  • Real Plume (with stock configs)
  • SCANSat
  • Scatterer
  • SmokeScreen
  • Waypoint Manager

9 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Get the latest version (v0.25.0 hotfix 36940) from GitHub.  I found that bug just a short while after the v0.25.0 release.

Ah, that sorted it, working fine now. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Getting grey screens after repeated re-installations and updates.  Tried the hotfix and still getting grey screens.  Tried running in 32 bit as well.  Not sure what's causing it anymore.

If it helps, I have

• Chatterer
  • Module Manager
  • PlanetShine
  • SCANSat

installed and RPM works fine. Running 64bit ksp on windows 10.

1 hour ago, Nittany Tiger said:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/271715738869535256/89BA13ECC5E430E9FB0952A0CFA628CCE84E50BB/

My output log file for 64-bit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv8jmag8ah89xpn/output_log.txt?dl=0

Mods I have installed:

• [x]Science!
  • Asteroid Day
  • Chatterer
  • Contrace Configurator
  • Contract Parser
  • Contract Window +
  • Distant Object Enhacement
  • Endurance
  • Engine Light (out of date)
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux
  • Module Manager
  • PlanetShine
  • Precise Node
  • Real Plume (with stock configs)
  • SCANSat
  • Scatterer
  • SmokeScreen
  • Waypoint Manager

You've got at least one mod that's out of date (not updated to KSP 1.1, that is), and it's spamming the error log with exceptions.  When a mod does that, all bets are off about whether other mods will even work.  You will need to remove out of date mods - any mod that has a DLL included with it that has not been specifically updated to KSP 1.1 is suspect.  I suspect Engine Light, for instance, manipulates meshes, and that interface changed under the hood, so it's guaranteed not to work in KSP 1.1, and if the DLL is still there, it's going to to Bad Things.

27 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

You've got at least one mod that's out of date (not updated to KSP 1.1, that is), and it's spamming the error log with exceptions.  When a mod does that, all bets are off about whether other mods will even work.  You will need to remove out of date mods - any mod that has a DLL included with it that has not been specifically updated to KSP 1.1 is suspect.  I suspect Engine Light, for instance, manipulates meshes, and that interface changed under the hood, so it's guaranteed not to work in KSP 1.1, and if the DLL is still there, it's going to to Bad Things.

I am experiencing the pink screen issue and grey screen issues with no outofdate mod on OS X. I haven't had time to check my win10 install. I can do this test for you tonite (after work) un modded w raster OS X. Modded with raster OS X. Unmodded with raster win10. Modded w raster win10 and send you screenshots. Also this might help but I currently have no screenshot. I clicked on the different buttons and surprisingly, docking port alignment indicator displayed correctly, all the others retain the issue. 

32 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Turns out it was a mod conflict, but it wasn't Engine Light.

I suspect it was Stock Bug Fixes, but I can't be for sure.

I uninstalled Engine Light and it didn't fix the bug.

I did uninstall Chute Safety Indicator, Stock Bug Fixes, and Asteroid Day, and all of the bugs I was experiencing including this bug vanished (I was also having decouplers emit smoke).  Since I had no craft using Asteroid Day parts in flight, I assume it was either Chute Safety Indicator or Stock Bug Fixes.

Either way, the problem's solved and RPM is working again. :)

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Rafael acevedo said:

I am experiencing the pink screen issue and grey screen issues with no outofdate mod on OS X. I haven't had time to check my win10 install. I can do this test for you tonite (after work) un modded w raster OS X. Modded with raster OS X. Unmodded with raster win10. Modded w raster win10 and send you screenshots. Also this might help but I currently have no screenshot. I clicked on the different buttons and surprisingly, docking port alignment indicator displayed correctly, all the others retain the issue. 

I would definitely try at least OS X without mods and see if it works.  The other possibility is that I have too narrow of a selection of shader modes, such that some *nix flavors aren't finding a defined mode, and they're falling back to the generic "no shader" shader.  I can make a test build to see if that's it, but I'd need it tested, since I can't reproduce the failure (I'm strictly Windows).