[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Be aware that the current version of Kopernicus breaks four of K+'s planets; I'm not sure if OPM works with the downgrade. If you must use the current version of Kopernicus, look back a few pages for a fix.

that's because the configs that Aramius seems so hell bent on distributing were made with kopernicus 0.0.7, which is severely outdated. It's not hard to get the configs stable and easy to use, however they are still in an unfortunate state. That is why they don't work with the newest kopernicus and therefore breaks compatibility with other planet packs.

So I've just downloaded the KP EVE addon for K+. Two folders: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements -and- RVE. I know where to put the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folder but I don't know where to put the RVE folder. So can somebody tell me where I have to place the RVE folder?

Thanks

Ohhh yes!!!!!!! I ....in' found the problem!!! Thank you CaptRobau! :cool:

So today I've sent to ProjectPluto (official tester) a new planet config that contained a fix only for Daphy. The config fix was just adding a Gilly template stripping it from all of its PQS mods. CaptRobau had some bugs in OPM's Tal before doing the same thing, even trough his issues were even bigger. :D

Back to testing, one hour today I have received Q&A's test report and EVERYTHING WORKS FINE!!! No glitches regarding the status of Landed ships, no issues with kerbals, they are performing normaly at last! THE BIG HOTFIX will come in 2 days depending on Olympic's work. BTW experimental purple giant crystals on Faz are awesome but still need polishing. Today I've also tested my new idea, to randomly generate buildings like farms, houses and abandoned bases, all randomly generated per save, like ground scatter. However, I'll not release them until Kopernicus released its Ground Scatter collision system. Cheers and I am happy to be back from vacantion to my normal work cycle! :):sticktongue:

PS: Love you all for your support, especialy Ashley, who endured a lot of my shenanigans when we were partners, Olympic1 who was my friend since my first times of modding, Project Pluto who is an incredibely quick and precise tester, and of course CaptRobau, who shared with me the sollution to a problem he also had on Tal!

Also, Olympic, please take a break from working on this for at least 3 days! You deserve it man! Can't wait till update because we'll have a lot of cool, unique, fun, revamped and never tried again stuff! Wish us luck.:D

Also, Olympic, please take a break from working on this for at least 3 days! You deserve it man! Can't wait till update because we'll have a lot of cool, unique, fun, revamped and never tried again stuff! Wish us luck.:D

After the update. :wink:

About DDS conversion and biome maps: my program crashed, so I can't do anything, probably fixed next week.

Further I have made configs for ATM, AntennaRange, RemoteTech, ResearchBodies, TextureReplacer, and the rescale mods. Also updated the EVE, PlanetShine, and DistantObject files. I'm now working on resources for the planets.

Also, can you upload the files somewhere like github or dropbox, so we can share files easier with each other?

I'm happy that I found some time for this mod for the moment as I'm also busy with other stuff:

* Updating resources for OPM

* Updating my wiki

* Helping with CKAN

* Making new icons for my ARP icons pack

* Helping with CTT

* And some other secret stuff (shhh...)

After the update. :wink:

About DDS conversion and biome maps: my program crashed, so I can't do anything, probably fixed next week.

Further I have made configs for ATM, AntennaRange, RemoteTech, ResearchBodies, TextureReplacer, and the rescale mods. Also updated the EVE, PlanetShine, and DistantObject files. I'm now working on resources for the planets.

Also, can you upload the files somewhere like github or dropbox, so we can share files easier with each other?

I'm happy that I found some time for this mod for the moment as I'm also busy with other stuff:

* Updating resources for OPM

* Updating my wiki

* Helping with CKAN

* Making new icons for my ARP icons pack

* Helping with CTT

* And some other secret stuff (shhh...)

Awesome! Thank you!

For file sharing I have to figure out how to create a dev branch In github. It should be easy trought. Are u ok with Mega trough?

Also, I may be able to help you with .dds because i've just installed Paint.net (supports .dds). Just tell me what are the automated steps your program did that I have to do by hand!

:D

Awesome! Thank you!

For file sharing I have to figure out how to create a dev branch In github. It should be easy trought. Are u ok with Mega trough?

Also, I may be able to help you with .dds because i've just installed Paint.net (supports .dds). Just tell me what are the automated steps your program did that I have to do by hand!

:D

I just created a Dev branch on the repo, mega is good but I would prefer a webapp that uses live updating (github, bitbucket, dropbox, ondrive).

Properly export your normal map to DXT5nm. You will also have to invert your

X channel because the texture is flipped horizontally. If your program does

not support DXT5nm export, you will have to do the swizzle yourself.

From a regular (i.e. purplish) normal map that is oriented like most maps

(i.e. longitude=0 in the center, before KSP's weirdness):

1. Invert the R channel

2. Copy the R channel to Alpha.

3. Copy the G channel to R and to B

4. Flip the image horizontally

5. Offset the image 1/4 of its width left.

6. Export as DXT5.

Note that steps 4 and 5 should be done for all body maps since KSP expects

planet diffuse/normal/height/etc. maps to be flipped horizontally and offset.

6M6FsgJ.png

I just created a Dev branch on the repo, mega is good but I would prefer a webapp that uses live updating (github, bitbucket, dropbox, ondrive).

Properly export your normal map to DXT5nm. You will also have to invert your

X channel because the texture is flipped horizontally. If your program does

not support DXT5nm export, you will have to do the swizzle yourself.

From a regular (i.e. purplish) normal map that is oriented like most maps

(i.e. longitude=0 in the center, before KSP's weirdness):

1. Invert the R channel

2. Copy the R channel to Alpha.

3. Copy the G channel to R and to B

4. Flip the image horizontally

5. Offset the image 1/4 of its width left.

6. Export as DXT5.

Note that steps 4 and 5 should be done for all body maps since KSP expects

planet diffuse/normal/height/etc. maps to be flipped horizontally and offset.

http://i.imgur.com/6M6FsgJ.png

Awesome, thank you!

Actualy If I find time I may finish the terrain hotfix to be then redirect to Q&A and then I'll release it...

Also, your software seems overely complicated, but I will see if i can do the steps automaticaly as you said.

Good night, now going to sleep after 5 hours ago i returned from the airport and read half of The Martian. Cheers!

Those steps are for Photoshop and GIMP, also those are not complicated they are just technical terms, that's why it looks like it is complicated.

steps 1-4 is for the flipped dds files in ksp. (when ksp loads dds files it flips them horizontally)

step 5 is for preventing the lighting offset ingame

step 6 is the "save as .dds"

Edited by Olympic1

Those steps are for Photoshop and GIMP, also those are not complicated they are just technical terms, that's why it looks like it is complicated.

steps 1-4 is for the flipped dds files in ksp. (when ksp loads dds files it flips them horizontally)

step 5 is for preventing the lighting offset ingame

step 6 is the "save as .dds"

Well, I tought light offset is already solved by making the normal map 50% transparent!

Will download the big hotfix.

Well...

First: why do you mimic my username? U fan (very very improbable since everyone hates me except Olympic and some moderators), or hater?

Second: The complete hotfix will come in at least a week. So far I've fixed the terrain glitches part of the hotfix, which is right now tested along with the new Keelon orbiting ocean planet, Manai, by the teste Project Pluto! It is also being checked by Kill Ashley that will also atemps to fix atmo (and maybe learn me how to make my own). The rest of the hotfix is in the form of proper .dds conversion, made by Olympic1. Stay tuned, because terrain fix and lava ocean planet test reports may appear any time.

Here's a poll for everyone:

Should I release the atmosphere and terrain final hotfix when they are out from testing and retesting?

Should I release along with Olympic the dds conversion in 2.4.0 aka the "Keelon Revamped" major update?

Should I include custom ground scatter in the hotfix, or in 2.4.0?

Should I include the ocean planet (will also have rings and impenetrable clouds) in the hofix or in 2.4.0? Even trough Manai (lava planet) orbits Keelon, it should be included in Keelon Revamped update...

Cheers everyone.

Sorry, real life is getting in the way at the moment! Bit busier than expected this weekend. Monday evening at the latest.

Good to hear from you! Well, ok... i understand how real life is... I'm stuck with this weak win 10 low end laptop that can't even run KSP, sk all I can do is write configs, create terrains in unity... etc. that's why I even need you to test things out... If I had my REAL computer, the big PC, the hotfix would've been done by now... unforcenately everyone is kind of bussy with it... well, after school starts I'll have more than 2 hours in the morning to code and test things properly, on the good PC... it will be so awesome... Not to mention I haven't even played ksp sin e 2 months ago, and actualy... I REALY ....I MISS IT!!!

Also, have you received the email? You should take a peak at the Ocean planet's textures to see how it looks...

On the other hand, I've found out how to create awesome handmade errain usin Unity's terrain creator. After you pain the terrain using regular brushes, you can export everything as a heightmap which can be used in KSP! God it'll be so cool one I export my first handmade height map...

Re poll: Seeing as those features appear to be independent of each other, would it work to simply release each one when it's ready (so it would look something like 2.38b, 2.38c, 2.38d, 2.38e, 2.40, with releases spread out over however long you need for each feature), or is it complicated to upload files?

Also, I've lost track. Is the "terrain hotfix" the one that fixes the bug where people can't land on some bodies, or is that history now?

Re poll: Seeing as those features appear to be independent of each other, would it work to simply release each one when it's ready (so it would look something like 2.38b, 2.38c, 2.38d, 2.38e, 2.40, with releases spread out over however long you need for each feature), or is it complicated to upload files?

Also, I've lost track. Is the "terrain hotfix" the one that fixes the bug where people can't land on some bodies, or is that history now?

Well, currently the bug still exists, but you still, with the bug can land on bodies. The bug was that the ships were counted as flying low instead of landed and that prevented returning to space center or contract completion. Also kerbals had EVA problems interacting with the planets. I've fixed these bugs in the last tester build, where Project Pluto tested one of the new fixed configs and even shown some pictures!

Also, releasing multiple parts of a simple hotfix seems rather unprofessional and my reputation would crack down to nothing (as it might already happened) so people would no longer like the mod seeing how disscorganised the releases would be. But tehnicaly, there would be no other problem if I would release my part of the hotfix today, but I would be ignorant not waiting for the rest of the team that, remember has irl things to do! Cheers, never pest! That's why we still have the bug in 2.3.8! Pesting!

Edited by amarius1

Yes, test test test, then release!

Starting the latest test now. May complete tomorrow. More to follow (via PM or email).

Awesome! Good to hear, and I'm very hyped. I am most interested for the lava ocean moon testing. Remember, test the required planets, like the forst time! Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.