[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Hey, I tried your mod, and first off: Great work! Lots and lots of new places to visit, with a nice amount of variety. I have, however, encountered 2 bugs that make the planet pack rather unusable:

1. All atmospheres lack a pressure curve, and are thus sea level density, even high up. E.a. I entered Pergas' atmosphere with a spaceplane, and as soon as I entered, the pressure-bar on top of the screen rose to sea-level and my plane collided into the thick air and burned up. Tried the same with other atmospheric planets and moons and the exact same happens, no atmosphere curves.

2. I used HyperEdit to orbit another spaceplane around Pergas and safely de-orbit, and landed it in one of the craters. The plane interacted with the ground correctly, but when sending a kerbal on EVA, it acted as if there was no ground and stayed in the 'falling' position, despite laying there still on the ground. Doing a EVA report revealed that the game seemed to think the kerbal (and the plane) were flying, while they had in fact landed and were standing still.

Just a head's up I guess, I haven't heard from anyone with this problem yet. I'd love to play with your mod, but the atmosphere-thing breaks it for me unfortunately.

Are you sure you've been using the latest version of the mod? Older versions had bugs, indeed.

Hey, I tried your mod, and first off: Great work! Lots and lots of new places to visit, with a nice amount of variety. I have, however, encountered 2 bugs that make the planet pack rather unusable:

1. All atmospheres lack a pressure curve, and are thus sea level density, even high up. E.a. I entered Pergas' atmosphere with a spaceplane, and as soon as I entered, the pressure-bar on top of the screen rose to sea-level and my plane collided into the thick air and burned up. Tried the same with other atmospheric planets and moons and the exact same happens, no atmosphere curves.

2. I used HyperEdit to orbit another spaceplane around Pergas and safely de-orbit, and landed it in one of the craters. The plane interacted with the ground correctly, but when sending a kerbal on EVA, it acted as if there was no ground and stayed in the 'falling' position, despite laying there still on the ground. Doing a EVA report revealed that the game seemed to think the kerbal (and the plane) were flying, while they had in fact landed and were standing still.

Just a head's up I guess, I haven't heard from anyone with this problem yet. I'd love to play with your mod, but the atmosphere-thing breaks it for me unfortunately.[/quote

Yeah, I've been working on fixing that and I've remade the atmosphere curves. Terrain bugs are now fixed, and I have started to swiftly work on the new content update.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure you've been using the latest version of the mod? Older versions had bugs, indeed.

Hey he's right. The current version has that bug, but so far all O've been sneak peeking was the next, better, fixed version.

is this compatible with new horizons?

K+ is compatibile with NH, however the cfg files currently used by K+ were made for Kopernicus 0.0.7 and are outdated. You won't be able to get NH running with it properly at the moment unfortunately, as NH uses requires kopernicus 0.3.3+

K+ is compatibile with NH, however the cfg files currently used by K+ were made for Kopernicus 0.0.7 and are outdated. You won't be able to get NH running with it properly at the moment unfortunately, as NH uses requires kopernicus 0.3.3+

Hold on... more testin required for the next version. Soon tm

Yeah, I've been working on fixing that and I've remade the atmosphere curves. Terrain bugs are now fixed, and I have started to swiftly work on the new content update.

Good to hear this. I love what cool additions those planets are. And i have a Mission underway to Pergas, and with that in mind i will not try to land and wait for the update :)

Keep on the good work.

I sent a probe to Pergas and got a normal atmosphere curve, but that was a few versions ago for both K+ and Kopernicus. I know one of the Kopernicus releases did change the syntax for some of the "curve" things.
is this compatible with new horizons?
For me Kopernicus 0.3.1, New Horizons 1.6.4, and Kerbol Plus 2.3.8 all loaded up together, though some of the K+ bodies were obviously bugged. I haven't checked extensively for things like terrain or atmosphere bugs.

I sent a probe to Pergas and got a normal atmosphere curve, but that was a few versions ago for both K+ and Kopernicus. I know one of the Kopernicus releases did change the syntax for some of the "curve" things.

For me Kopernicus 0.3.1, New Horizons 1.6.4, and Kerbol Plus 2.3.8 all loaded up together, though some of the K+ bodies were obviously bugged. I haven't checked extensively for things like terrain or atmosphere bugs.

Well now THAT explains why my Pergas lander went from 0 atm to instant explosion. Also, K+, NH and OPM all play mostly nicely together, but you'll likely have to be running 64-bit in Linux or use the workaround if you want it to get past the loading screen to avoid an out of memory crash. Still can't land on Pergas (since it's in the starting solar system in NH), but I haven't tested it with the newer releases of Kopernicus either.

Hey he's right. The current version has that bug, but so far all O've been sneak peeking was the next, better, fixed version.

I was not questioning if he was telling the truth, I was asking if he was using an outdated version. He is no doubt telling the truth if he says there are bugs, I was merely wondering if it was due to an outdated version of K+. I did not know that the current version has those bugs, because in your earlier messages you wrote that you had fixed most (if not all) of them, so I incorrectly guessed that the mod was updated and that in the latest version the terrain bugs had been taken care of. Sorry for the confusion. ;.;

- - - Updated - - -

Well now THAT explains why my Pergas lander went from 0 atm to instant explosion. Also, K+, NH and OPM all play mostly nicely together, but you'll likely have to be running 64-bit in Linux or use the workaround if you want it to get past the loading screen to avoid an out of memory crash. Still can't land on Pergas (since it's in the starting solar system in NH), but I haven't tested it with the newer releases of Kopernicus either.

I once played KSP with both OPM and KerbalGalaxy2, and even without Active Texture Management it loaded nicely. The new planets did come with a significant performance hit, though.

is it just me, or is there a bug with kerbol plus that, whenever you click on the tracking station, the space center view becomes bug, a null reference exception is made in the log, and the camera resets to its original position, and no building can be clicked, and you have to return to main menu to try again. also, how should i set this up with EVE and stuff, because i just installed EVE, then the stuff from the kerbolplus eve config pack, onto the game data folder, replacing all, and hoped it work. apparently it didnt, and without eve i got a graphical glitch with the planet with all the craters, christo-something or something? it was similiar to that, but, still.

edit: i think the planet i was refering to was the phiscool one, its just an entirely pink orb, texture bug i think. also, have you thought of using sigma binary to creat a binary system, instead of using a barycenter? (can you land on it?)

double edit: turns out it was calad. also, the cryo volcano isnt rendering. am i missing something? do i need EVE?

Edited by 123nick

is it just me, or is there a bug with kerbol plus that, whenever you click on the tracking station, the space center view becomes bug, a null reference exception is made in the log, and the camera resets to its original position, and no building can be clicked, and you have to return to main menu to try again. also, how should i set this up with EVE and stuff, because i just installed EVE, then the stuff from the kerbolplus eve config pack, onto the game data folder, replacing all, and hoped it work. apparently it didnt, and without eve i got a graphical glitch with the planet with all the craters, christo-something or something? it was similiar to that, but, still.

edit: i think the planet i was refering to was the phiscool one, its just an entirely pink orb, texture bug i think. also, have you thought of using sigma binary to creat a binary system, instead of using a barycenter? (can you land on it?)

double edit: turns out it was calad. also, the cryo volcano isnt rendering. am i missing something? do i need EVE?

Uh it seems the bugs are on your side... the only bugs here are atmospheric ones and terrain ones, when landed. Dunno why the pink Calad, but it will anyway be replaced by the next update with something a lot more awesome.

currently trying to land on Faz -> I'm below the surface when trying to land. I think this is one of the terrain bugs you mentioned?

Will this be fixed with the next update? An without wanting to rushing you how long will it takes for the update more like days or weeks? Just want to know for myself if i wait for the update or to continue without landing (cant play and wait because life support is a problem on this mission^^)

currently trying to land on Faz -> I'm below the surface when trying to land. I think this is one of the terrain bugs you mentioned?

Will this be fixed with the next update? An without wanting to rushing you how long will it takes for the update more like days or weeks? Just want to know for myself if i wait for the update or to continue without landing (cant play and wait because life support is a problem on this mission^^)

In my development install all bugs are fixed, and many new things. I may release an update to fix those bugs at least Monday.

Awesome mod!, Congrats on putting so many planets up there.

Since they are not on the Compatible Mods List, I'd say this mod should support Munar Surface Experiments and DMagic's Orbital Sciance.

Thanks for reading!

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Today I am releasing the hotfix, with a cuple of neat things you'll going to see for yourself, like original GP2 texture, remade Sarvin rings, adn crystals on Faz.

I installed the mod with the EVE pack, and when I go to the space center no building are clickable and the camera will not move. Clearing input lock does nothing to remedy the problem. I'm running KSP 64bit on Linux. (edit) remove EVE fixed the problem.. now to figure out how to install EVE HD without breaking it again. (edit edit) No joy, I've attempted multiple ways of merging with no luck. It seems my only option for running Kerbol plus is without the EVE configs for it.

Edited by Bob Jub

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.