[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Alright, sneak peek time!

Though this sneak peek will show the Work-In-Progress EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements clouds/effects.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Please know that this is still a heavy Work-In-Progress, though we're making progress, people!

A (hopefully) enlargened version of the lightning:

wFOklAh.png

Edited by The White Guardian

Does Corolet use Kopernicus Expansion for it's tail now? Because if it does, instant install into my game.

I haven't seen any tail so far, Kittopia or Kopernicus.

Also, Faz is a mess in the current version. Totally flat, brown-ish terrain at 0m altitude. I haven't checked the other locations yet.

Amarius, I'm pretty sure Faz isnt meant to look like this

http://i.imgur.com/TOSgN1X.png

stock install of latest version (kerbalstuff download link) updated to the Kopernicus 0.4 with only hyperedit and GCMonitor installed

That's exactly what Faz looks like when I try to land on it, so there is indeed an error in Faz' config file.

Faz currently does look quite interesting though... it's a mystery...

some pages ago i reported this texture error on faz. It can be fixed by editing the FAZ.cfg file. Add this template block at the start so it looks like this.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]

{

Body

{

name = Faz

flightGlobalsIndex = 50

Template

{

name = Eeloo

removePQSMods = PQSMod_AltitudeAlpha, PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise, PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightMap, PQSMod_VertexHeightMap

}

Orbit

{

It is still a bit weared, on map and far away faz looks purple, but when you come close it switches to gray-ish.

I still sunk in the ground on my first landing, it was near the poles of faz. Landing around the equator is working ok.

some pages ago i reported this texture error on faz. It can be fixed by editing the FAZ.cfg file. Add this template block at the start so it looks like this.

It is still a bit weared, on map and far away faz looks purple, but when you come close it switches to gray-ish.

I still sunk in the ground on my first landing, it was near the poles of faz. Landing around the equator is working ok.

realy strange... Just copy all paramiters from Fonso to Faz except the paths to textures adn orbital and name characteristics. Dwarf Planets and Keelon Moons packs are bugged because I have done to many changes to them in 2.4.0 to be able to use them for outedated planets. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Does Corolet use Kopernicus Expansion for it's tail now? Because if it does, instant install into my game.

It does. In 2.4.0 the trail is also improved so it is visible from Kerbin.

Lookingforward to 2.4.0, it sounds amazing.

It is amazing! Today I put the finishing touches on Keelon's moons and started to work again on the Sarvin System. Potatus now no longer uses height maps, is mostly proceduraly generated, a bit oblate, and has the cryovolcano centered better. Oh, and the cryovolcano now also uses Kopernicus, getting rid of the Kittopia Tech dependency. The cryovolcano is a separate object from the planet textures themselves, so I have moare control over it, like size and deformity.

BTW the cryovolcano object works the same way as KSC's flat landmass, in fact using a PQS mod called PQSMod_MapDecal.

I also made Sarvin appear as main menu planet instead of Kerbin. Unforcenately, due to some strange bug, Fonso's (now also proceduraly generated) surface became intense orange and the ground textures were loading with extreme dificulty so that means I'll have to remake it yet again till it works good!

After I also finish remaking the Sarvin System part, I'll start making the Dwarf Planets. After that I am thinking of making some basic edits to the stock solar system, like make the Kerbin, Eve and Duna barycentric with their moons like they would be in real life.

Happy Halloween everybody!

Oh, and If I have some spare time I might look over the current hotfix so I fix as many bugs as I can.

Amarius1, in the next update of Kerbol+, could you please rebalance the gravity? Take Ganag for example: in the current version, it's way smaller than Kerbin, and still it has 1.1G, which is way too much to be realistic.

Some of the other moons/(dwarf)planets with (slightly) unbalanced gravity are Corolet, Kralaus, Harvest and Pergas.

Amarius1, in the next update of Kerbol+, could you please rebalance the gravity? Take Ganag for example: in the current version, it's way smaller than Kerbin, and still it has 1.1G, which is way too much to be realistic.

Some of the other moons/(dwarf)planets with (slightly) unbalanced gravity are Corolet, Kralaus, Harvest and Pergas.

If amarius could give me his current dev build for 2.4, I could fix it. But he always gives me his old one from 2.3.9

Will ballance them.

- - - Updated - - -

If amarius could give me his current dev build for 2.4, I could fix it. But he always gives me his old one from 2.3.9

Sorry but I don't have a "current" dev build for 2.4, because it just gets outdated every time I often do a big change. After I finish the Sarvin And Keelon systems completely, I'll send you the build. Takes so much, because, unlike before, most of keelon's moons are procedural, Fonso and Potatus have been remade into procedural form, and Potatus uses a new system to generate the cryovolcano.

Sorry but I don't have a "current" dev build for 2.4, because it just gets outdated every time I often do a big change. After I finish the Sarvin And Keelon systems completely, I'll send you the build. Takes so much, because, unlike before, most of keelon's moons are procedural, Fonso and Potatus have been remade into procedural form, and Potatus uses a new system to generate the cryovolcano.

Well, I could help you if you could share the files.

Also clean up your inbox, I can't send any PM's if your inbox is full.

Can someone please explain what i did wrong?

I installed the mod today (And the kerbal galaxy mod, ill explain later) and when i booted up eeloo was gone. I zoomed out a bit more to see the other systems the kerbal galaxy 2 mod gave me, but to my surprise all the planets kerbol plus mod added were orbiting the black hole the galaxy mod added and there were no other solar systems around.

Can someone explain what I did wrong? I uninstalled the galaxy mod (As far as I know) so i dont even see how the black hole got there

Screenshots can be seen here, there the top 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198136305784/screenshots/

EDIT

figured it out and fully deleted the galaxy mod, however whenever i start my game up with the kerbol plus mod, it crashes the second it loads ksc.

Is this a mod problem or am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Ateballgaming

I installed the mod today (And the kerbal galaxy mod, ill explain later) and when i booted up eeloo was gone. I zoomed out a bit more to see the other systems the kerbal galaxy 2 mod gave me, but to my surprise all the planets kerbol plus mod added were orbiting the black hole the galaxy mod added and there were no other solar systems around.

Can someone explain what I did wrong? I uninstalled the galaxy mod (As far as I know) so i dont even see how the black hole got there

EDIT

figured it out and fully deleted the galaxy mod, however whenever i start my game up with the kerbol plus mod, it crashes the second it loads ksc.

Well...

1. K+ is not fully compatible with other planet packs so problems might occur. Kerbal Galaxy messes with the sun to make it a black hole and creates a new sun for the stock planets to orbit. Tehnicaly, the black hole is still internaly named Sun, so Kerbol Plus thinks that it needs to orbit the black hole, because tehnicaly, it is the parrent body planets in K+ orbit normaly without the sun being messed with. K+ 2.4.0 (Christmas) will add science compatibility and other mods intergration so you should be clear.

2. You might have not installed the mod correctly. Make sure that you have the Kopernicus, ModuleManager, KerbolPlus and Kerbal expansion folders in your GameData.

EDIT

You can use K+ together with KG2, though it is not recommended. I can explain how to make the two compatible though:

1. K+ planets orbiting the black hole

Solution: open the configs of the K+ planets, scroll to the orbital properties and set the parentbody to 'Kerbol', or whatever the stock sun is named in KG2. Remember: ONLY the K+ (dwarf)planets that are orbiting the black hole, don't touch the moons!

2. Eeloo vanishing

Solution: this is simply because KG2 has a config that places Eeloo around the new stock Sun, while K+ also has a config that moves Eeloo. In the K+ configs, delete Eeloo.cfg and it should show up. The problem is that Kopernicus gets the following information (not literally, this is merely a highly simplified version):

KG2: Kopernicus, place Eeloo around a new stock sun called 'Kerbol'

K+: Kopernicus, place Eeloo around a new planet named 'Sarvin'

Since Kopernicus can't move Eeloo to orbit both Kerbol and Sarvin, it errors when trying to place Eeloo and therefor Eeloo can't be loaded and disappears entirely.

Hope this helps,

TWG

Well...

1. K+ is not fully compatible with other planet packs so problems might occur. Kerbal Galaxy messes with the sun to make it a black hole and creates a new sun for the stock planets to orbit. Tehnicaly, the black hole is still internaly named Sun, so Kerbol Plus thinks that it needs to orbit the black hole, because tehnicaly, it is the parrent body planets in K+ orbit normaly without the sun being messed with. K+ 2.4.0 (Christmas) will add science compatibility and other mods intergration so you should be clear.

2. You might have not installed the mod correctly. Make sure that you have the Kopernicus, ModuleManager, KerbolPlus and Kerbal expansion folders in your GameData.

1. Yea, that make sense now. The kerbal galaxy mod is buggy as hell already so ill probably just wait for that one to be fixed before installation.

2.I got kerbol plus, kopernicus, and module manager (which was already installed) but i dont know where to find the kerbal expansion your talking about.

EDIT

just dowwnloaded from kerbal stuff instead of github and I have the following in the download folder

Kerbol plus

Kittopia Space

Kopernicus

kopernicus expansion

module maager

Ill install all of it and tell you how it goes

Edited by Ateballgaming

1. Yea, that make sense now. The kerbal galaxy mod is buggy as hell already so ill probably just wait for that one to be fixed before installation.

2.I got kerbol plus, kopernicus, and module manager (which was already installed) but i dont know where to find the kerbal expansion your talking about.

EDIT

just dowwnloaded from kerbal stuff instead of github and I have the following in the download folder

Kerbol plus

Kittopia Space

Kopernicus

kopernicus expansion

module maager

Ill install all of it and tell you how it goes

Good. Actualy I don't even know why did I include Kittopia in the download... It is just a UI for developing planets so you don't realy need it...

Good. Actualy I don't even know why did I include Kittopia in the download... It is just a UI for developing planets so you don't realy need it...

I was able to get into the tracking station and see all the K+ planets, but the second I exited to the ksc it crashed :(

I'll try it without kittopia next, wish me luck :)

I was able to get into the tracking station and see all the K+ planets, but the second I exited to the ksc it crashed :(

I'll try it without kittopia next, wish me luck :)

Check the output_log, it could simply be that your system has run out of memory and forces KSP to close instead of a crash. In that case, I advise you to install Active Texture Management and try again.

Check the output_log, it could simply be that your system has run out of memory and forces KSP to close instead of a crash. In that case, I advise you to install Active Texture Management and try again.

I honestly have no idea what to look for in the output_log, but it did say crash at the bottom

Im gonna try to launch without kittopia.

EDIT

ok, so that didnt work. loaded into the ksc just fine but crashed upon entering the tracking station.

Im gonna get the texture manger thing and try again later.

Im also trying to load a game instead of staring a new one, could that be the problem?

Edited by Ateballgaming

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.