[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

Hi, im loving your mod, it add a lot of gameplay. im having problems with landing on the planets and was hoping some could explain whats happening, so when i land none of my science says landed, they all say in space near harvest ect. when i try to eva on the planet surface my kerbals cant stand up and can only move around with the rcs pack.

Actually, (though this post is quite old now) Space Engine's code is very optimized. There are no such planets in Space Engine (this coming from a user since 0.9.7.1)

Speaking of Faz, has it been revamped to looks slightly less... Boring? The pics in the OP aren't particularly reminiscent of the current state of the mod, and it's quite misleading. Is there any chance you could update those pictures some time?

Right now... I'm also putting up the update...

I look forward to it, I've been mostly staying away from the Kerbol Plus bodies for the time being. Though I do have landers for Vix, Valit, and Kralaus on their way. (But no need to rush the release, my install has a lot of planets and moons for me to go to.)

amarius1, I was wondering if you where still looking for testers? I talked to you over at /r/kerbalspaceprogram about extracting .DDS files from the sharedassets0.assets file

Oh, hello! Yes, you will be a tester, but currently all my computer time is dedicated to coding and doing PR job durin game loading. You will test everything after I release it, so I know what needs to be fixed and what works good. Cheers! BTW could you send me some of the planet textures from the .asset files.

Oh, hello! Yes, you will be a tester, but currently all my computer time is dedicated to coding and doing PR job durin game loading. You will test everything after I release it, so I know what needs to be fixed and what works good. Cheers! BTW could you send me some of the planet textures from the .asset files.

http://www.filedropper.com/planettextures <= ~150MB of .DDS planet textures.

BTW, you woudn't happen to have list of dV requirements for this mod laying around somewhere? Because if you do I would be happy to make you one of those fancy looking dV-map infografics.

Yeah so this week I've been very, very bussy with school homeworks but I still managed to work some more on K+ 2.4.

* Messed with custom ground scatter buth for some reason when I tried adding a plain simple boulder like all the other stock planets use, they appear more like monoliths with collision and the correct boulder texture. Still model not correct.

* Messed with Sarvin's rings. Nlw they are Waaay more detailed. Made them wider too look more like Saturn's rings.

* Remade Sarvin texture to look even more like the original GP2, trough some more advanced image editing tehniques. NovaSilisko would be proud!

* Remade Daphy entirely so it looks more like a puffy ball of fluff with some cracks here'n there, like it was originaly supposed to.

* Eeloo now orbits Sarvin.

* Messed with Fonso's surface to make a better transition between ScaledSpace and PQS view.

* Added custom HD ground textures for Daphy, as a test. They might be implemented for all the other bodies added by the pack if it performs well in testing.

* Remade Manai's rings so they look cooler and as detailed as Sarvin's.

* Remade Manai lava textures to look better.

* Remade textures for Faz crystals (BTW unlike regular boulders they seem to work perfectly fine!)

* Messed with some of the dwarf planet textures to ma,e them more unique.

* K+ 2.4 release might only have Manai and one more moon rotating around Keelon, with the others still in development.

* Started a partnership for new hartbreaking epic EVE cloud configs.

* Prototiped proceduraly generated asteroid textures for Sarvin's captured asteroids.

* Corolet has a new proper comet tail via Kopernicus Expansion.

Cheers and stay tuned! The better testing gets, the faster the update will come!

But here's a question:

Do you want science and full career intergration in this update, or should we hold science for next update? With the ammount of new futures in this new update, science and career intergration would hold back the update even more, and I'm realy eager to get you guys a stable version.

This and the fact that the Kopernicus Overlords say that we should have a stable version first, before we have the mod in Add-on Releases. The thing is that... once upon a time... we had a stable version... ;_;

AND WE WILL!

Edited by amarius1

Yeah, I would first focus on getting planets that basically work. Correct atmospheres, safe landings, scaledspace and PQS views look as intended. Ground scatter, biomes, science definitions, and so on can wait.

Well... here's what's checked: correct atmospheres, safe landings, scaledspace and PQS views look as intended. So you're saying that I should release the bugfix this week or the next one? :)

Hey so I recently found the right PQS combo for planets, and now I'm very confident that I'll be releasing Kerbol Plus in less than 5 weeks. Since I hafe overhauled the Sarvin system and started to overhaul the Keelon system, dunno, just sayin'...

What unique kind of Dwarf planets would you like to see in place of what we currently have?

Maybe you should remove them so you can save RAM.

Well, we already have instructions. If you are low on memory, you are instructed to delete whichever planet you want, as they are all modular. For example, to delete All of Sarvin's moons, but Potatus, it is enough to delete the folders.

Hmmm. Well Pergas is nice. I can't remember which other ones there were.

Well, I'm also looking for Keelon ideas.... we alreadhyave a ringed lava moon and a cratery moon. What else? Maybe a moon just covered in cracks and canyons? Hm that's a good idea, I guess....

Well, I'm also looking for Keelon ideas.... we alreadhyave a ringed lava moon and a cratery moon. What else? Maybe a moon just covered in cracks and canyons? Hm that's a good idea, I guess....

Hmm... Perhaps a moon with an icy blue oxygen atmosphere that is fully covered in snow, with huge cliffs, canyons and mountains? Since Keelon is designed after GP3 (though the gas planet was later turned into a desert planet), it's kinda like a Uranus analog, Jool being Jupiter (Joolpiter) and Sarvin being Saturn (Sarvurn? Satvin?), Keelon would be some sort of weird Uranus analog. The moon described above would be a Kerbalized Miranda analog.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.