Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Ah so you are the maker of those cool vids I used to watch. Quite honoured to be helping get you the shuttle back

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jeast what do you rekon will help this?

I just realised I forgot to include your flight instructions. Shal I post them on the front page?

I dont think the 1.6 update would of done this unless its due to the reduction in weight in the engine mount...

But I recomend that you keep it pointed at prograde vector until at a low altitude for now

Yes indeed. Don't try to reënter at an angle, just follow prograde.

Yes indeed. Don't try to reënter at an angle, just follow prograde.

I uploaded your flight instructions to the front page. let me know how you want it edited

Ah so you are the maker of those cool vids I used to watch. Quite honoured to be helping get you the shuttle back

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jeast what do you rekon will help this?

I just realised I forgot to include your flight instructions. Shal I post them on the front page?

I dont think the 1.6 update would of done this unless its due to the reduction in weight in the engine mount...

But I recomend that you keep it pointed at prograde vector until at a low altitude for now

yeah that's me. Thanks for checking them out. Yeah, when ever I have time I will be glad to test and document progress.

Dreamchaser mod should be ready before the weekend. Its not too hard to do...

Looking at thursday night for release and sunday for the iss. It looks fun to build...

Im still keen to hear of any issues with the css in the meantime

Dreamchaser mod should be ready before the weekend. Its not too hard to do...

Looking at thursday night for release and sunday for the iss. It looks fun to build...

Im still keen to hear of any issues with the css in the meantime

There is a craft file for the ISS in one of the downloads, I have found.

Bobcats ISS or Community ISS just needs the nodes fixed. Other than that i been using it with no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and all the ISS stuff needs put in the Tech Tree.

The truss system is really buggy. Especially the solar arrays and the zarya solar panels are buggy. The large solar arrays throw game crashing amounts of null references. Plus to launch pirs and poisk properly we need a functioning Soyuz.

The ISS_Truss_S3_P3 truss is spamming

[Error]: ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed!

[Error]: Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling this IgnoreCollision

And so far thats all, I see the rest is working so far looking at mir now but never had any problems with it and whats wrong with Soyuz ?

The ISS_Truss_S3_P3 truss is spamming
[Error]: ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed!

[Error]: Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling this IgnoreCollision

And so far thats all, I see the rest is working so far looking at mir now but never had any problems with it and whats wrong with Soyuz ?

It's not updated for 1.02 yet. The engines are probably overpowered, the fairings obviously won't work. I am just gonna go and assume there are node problems. Heat shielding working with the new heating system. Tech tree intergration etc.

Urgh. This is making me want to play KSP again. Just 6 more GCSEs to get through :P A nice idea once this is all done would be to make some ISS style parts. Mainly truss sections as the rest can be done with stock parts or pre existing mods

Edit: I don't think you realize how old that ISS pack is! It needs a MASSIVE update, since 1.0 is out it might be worthwhile as its very unlikely it will need to be remade again, with smaller updates and stuff

Urgh. This is making me want to play KSP again. Just 6 more GCSEs to get through :P A nice idea once this is all done would be to make some ISS style parts. Mainly truss sections as the rest can be done with stock parts or pre existing mods

Edit: I don't think you realize how old that ISS pack is! It needs a MASSIVE update, since 1.0 is out it might be worthwhile as its very unlikely it will need to be remade again, with smaller updates and stuff

He's not making iss parts. He's fixing the community pack.

I have two issues and hope you can help me. My crew compartment does not change the name of the shuttle. Its blank and i can´t change it. wings change name and texture esily between the various orbiters but the crew compartment not.

2nd problem is, how can i switch the crew compartment with windows as standard for the stock shuttle?

P.s: i already fixed the windows version and was able to make it in stock, but my crew compartment still is not able to have the shuttle name on it and does not even give the option to chose:

73gffj25.jpg

PLEASE help!

Edited by PatrickTeu

After the shuttle is completed and running smoothly, could you make some add-on hardware like the Extended Duration Orbiter pallet, Spacelab (maybe Spacehab too, but I'm confused of what it really was as I can't find very much information on it), a Centaur-G, and the cancelled Advanced Solid Rocket Booster. The shuttle needs to be more dependent and restricted by the fuel cells as currently it can stay in orbit for years, while the longest shuttle mission IRL was almost 18 days long. Also, could you add Enterprise, a Space Bat easter egg on one of the ET textures, and the "Worm" logos to all orbiters (except Columbia) as separate "skins", as it seems wierd to have all orbiters except Challenger carry the "Meatball" logo.

I got Soyuz working but it spams an error. [Exception]: MissingFieldException: Field '.Part.temperature' not found.

I guess that has to do with the new 1.0 heating? Or Deadly Reentry is a required mod for the Soyuz so the thermal blankets color change wont work. The soyuz just needs a proper 1.02 overhaul. I am not saying it doesn't work but functioning and working properly are two different things.

In other news I took the most recent update for a spin.

Bad News: The aerodynamics are ehhh. Takeing off is much harder than it was in past iterations. It gets into space but it seems like I was fighting it the whole time. In space I can't imagine controlling it well enough to perform a rendevous and docking. It doesn't fly very well in space either. Maybe stronger reaction wheels I imagine that could help for take off and landing as well. Reentry was actually ok it was flying in the atmosphere that really I had a lot of trouble. I tried both my way of landing and followed the instructions on the first page. It was extremely difficult both ways. I still experience quite a lot of "feathering". This is all probably just me because I watched the videos on the front page and it seems like someone knows how to fly this shuttle so maybe it will jus take alot of practice.

Good News: Everything looks good. I have no more complaints about the look of the shuttle. I just miss the proper texture switches but you are fixing that so that should be all good soon. Overall well done. This mod is really rising like a phoenix.

I have not yet tested the aero fix with the new version. It sounds like the CoM shifted with the oms fuel change. I will look into it asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw the videos are recorded with the 1.5 version + aero update.

[Exception]: MissingFieldException: Field '.Part.temperature' not found. Was indeed the charring on the heatshield and decent module. I fixed it. Now just for the truss error! Ok ill stop talking bout ISS and Soyuz here. Back to CSS.

[Exception]: MissingFieldException: Field '.Part.temperature' not found. Was indeed the charring on the heatshield and decent module. I fixed it. Now just for the truss error! Ok ill stop talking bout ISS and Soyuz here. Back to CSS.

I agree this isn't the place but the issues for are far more than just a missing field exception. I have all the proper mods installed and I get this in the VAB. Puffing smoke out of the fairings. The ISS problems are nodes, null exceptions, the Docking ports dont exactly work properly. The PMA especially doesn't work. It needs a complete overhaul to work properly.

0YV8BpX.png

Plus if I try to launch I get this error.

jhJdeSJ.png

If you comment out the landing gear module in the fairings config it will fix it

//MODULE

//{

//name = ModuleLandingGear

//animationName = airbrake

//stowedDragMin = 0.1

//stowedDragMax = 0.2

//deployedDragMin = 0.001

//deployedDragMax = 0.001

//}

In the SoyuzU_TMAshroudD.cfg

Located at GameData\SovietPack\Parts\SoyuzU

If you comment out the landing gear module in the fairings config it will fix it

//MODULE

//{

//name = ModuleLandingGear

//animationName = airbrake

//stowedDragMin = 0.1

//stowedDragMax = 0.2

//deployedDragMin = 0.001

//deployedDragMax = 0.001

//}

In the SoyuzU_TMAshroudD.cfg

Located at GameData\SovietPack\Parts\SoyuzU

Understandable. However that's a fix that not everyone is capable or willing to do to get something working. A proper overhaul and fix is required to get the Soyuz working again.

Message to all: I have no problem fixing tje iss and will do shortly.

Second I know I left out the shuttle cabin texture issue and will get it working again

Also with the suggested addons I will love to add them on . Its what I wanted feedback on so thanks for the ideas.

The latest css version included the 1.5 aero update

Also with the orbiter lasting a year or so can someone adjust their xenon gas ammount in the vab to a lower level to see how much we need to make it last alot shorter time period?