Who made you get (into) KSP?

KrizzGaming

An Australian gaming TV show called Good Game did a segment on it, very, very early in its development. Unfortunately I came across the segment halfway through and was doing something else at the time, so only half watching, meaning I missed crucial details.... like the name, developer, and any information which would have been helpful to Google. I liked what little I saw though.

I went looking for this cool space game. But, had little to go on, unfortunately "Space" and "Game"... do not limit hits in google as much as you would think.

Because of the sketchy graphical details I saw, I thought it might be a smart phone game. Thought it would be cool to launch rockets while on the train to work. But alas, could not find it.

Eventually I saw it on Steam Early access, bought it... the only early access game I've bought. My love for it is strong, even though the frequency I play it ebbs and flows. I find I'll playing it feverishly for a couple of weeks, then peter out... I'll play other things, then.... a vision.... an invention, or design will come to me in my sleep... and before you know it I'll be right back again. Its very much a "project" based game.

Anyway... musing over.

I actually came accross it when SpaceX tried their very first "first stage" ocean touchdown in September 2013. Someone in one of the life stream comments wrote: "this reminds me to play KSP again"...

I googled "KSP game", downloaded the demo and that was it! I've spent hundrets of hours in this game and still am. And now I even started modelling parts.

The most rewarding game I've ever played.

Well it was youtube, the many fail to go to orbit on it, then Markiplier plays it get more interested and then I discovered Scott manly videos and get hooked. Tried the demo and bought the game.

One of my father´s workmates, who is a gamer, read about it in a gaming magazine and thought: " The son of this guy at the next desk is such a geek clever guy, I guess I should recommend him this." And he did.

Honestly, I made myself. Put a gun to my head and say you will buy it! No but for real. I am patient Zero in my group, and I am slowly infecting my friends with this viral symbiote of a game.

Was on my wishlist for some time, finally pulled the trigger. Never looked back.

One MechJeb later and I am successfully advancing to the Stars. (for the record, I am no flight sim guy. But I love Space, science and adventure)

I used to play the old BARIS, Orbiter and Freelancer and started looking for more recent space simulators in Dec 2012. When I did a search for "Space program" this odd thing named Kerbal Space Program came up. Looked nice enough, tried the demo for 10 minutes and then bought the Alpha (0.18.2) :) I admit to having skipped a few versions, such as 0.23 and 0.90, but been playing it off and on for the past 2 years :) Very addictive.

I came in around when one of the sub-versions of 0.18 came out. I was an enthusiastic follower of kurtjmac's "Far Lands or Bust!" series, and one of his other playlists had this interesting little space game that I had never seen before but looked like something right up my alley. Did some searching, found the demo, and loved it so much that I bought the full game later the same day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.