[1.2.1] TRP-Hire (formerly KSI Hiring)

TheReadPanda

ok txn for the look @thereadpanda.

***A few things. One, please remove KSPAPI extensions from the Civilian Population mod folder. This is no longer a valid dll and several other mods ( MechJeb/Contract configurator) are getting exceptions from it because they still make obsolete calls or calls made get redirected to this invalid dll which shouldn't be in that mod anymore anyway.
    I'll remove this mod for now I haven't used it yet.

***Two: Deep Freeze seems to have it's own tracking of kerbals some how not sure if this is relevant.
I'll do a test in a test carreer,I however need this to get my plans going for a colony/settlement on Eeloo

***Three: I'm seeing sections of contract configurator that are failing left and right in the log.
I'll have a look and maybe remove the mod

***Four: You have a few remote tech issues it looks like, unsure how that might relate
It could be an issue with some of my interplanetary probes

***Five: At some point in your 'Launch' command every dll and mod is reloaded for no obvious reason... and I have no idea why or what mod is doing this.
No idea myself.

***So my big question for you is... does this only happen if my mod is added? Was it the only mod added and it worked fine before you added my mod? If so, can you please remove that KSPAPI thing and try it again?
***I see the hire go off successfully. My hire mod only creates a kerbal (and saves it as a stock kerbal) so it doesn't touch contracts and should be viewed as a stock kerbal. I went out of my way to make it so if you removed my mod nothing bad would happen, the game would go on as normal. But I honestly, even after parsing the full log and finding those errors do not see how my mod would cause the contracts to vanish....
***So I am at a bit of a loss? Did you perhaps add CivPop at the same time as my mod? Just curious....
***PS: Do they vanish if you just go and fly another ship? not launch a new one? I have a hunch that the reload of all the mods/assembly at the 'launch' function are the issues, maybe... just a guess.

Your mod was the last one I added.
Remote-tech and deep freeze have been a staple of my carreers for a long time.
I added civ pop when it got picked up for post-1.1

The vanish happened appearantly when scene changes occur, but only when does scene changes are from an active vessel to the KSC, my xp with the issue suggest it happens when returning to KSC after launch,or returning to the KSC after loading an active vessel from tracking station

Scene changes within KSC do not seem to affect the issue.

Most likely the issue was present before I tried your recent version, and your mod just brought it to the surface.

I'll have a second look at log with your comments in mind

Edited by Resender

@Resender Even if it is not my mod I am glad to try to help. Remote tech isn't really throwing many errors per se just HUGE amounts of log spam from what I can see, but contract configurator is throwing lots of errors. The question about deep freeze is unlikely to be relevant after re-parsing the log. Removing CivPop or at least the KSPAPI component is a good idea until they fix that.

But I honestly have no idea about that with the contracts vanishing. Can you try a new career from scratch and see if you can replicate it rather than from an existing save?

If you read back right now the only valid copy for 1.1.2 is on github with the link provided on page 4 of this thread. It is a raw dll.

The version for 1.0.5 is actually still on Space Dock.

Once I iron out a few bugs and test a few more things I will be sure to get the beta/recent version on space dock and off of github through a better link.

So right now if you want it, as is, you can get it from the github link.

Otherwise I am sorry, you will have to wait, @DaMachinator Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I have been unable to do much work this week due to some complications. I hope to get things tidied up by mid next week for a new post to SpaceDock for 1.1.2, barring 1.1.3 coming out before then. I have no idea when that will be released.

PS: here is the github link, just grabbed it off the last page: https://github.com/TheReadPanda/PHS/tree/master/Hire/Hire/bin/Debug

Edited by TheReadPanda
added link

So figured out @Resender issue, yay! And also added bulk hire option! You can now hire one to ten kerbals (depending on cash and size of complex...)

Big note here! It is still in early beta/alpha testing! If you want to test it please get the dll (and only this dll) and put it in a sub folder called 'hire' in game data.

https://github.com/TheReadPanda/PHS/blob/master/Hire/Hire/bin/Debug/Hire.dll

Do not take the entire git hub repo as that includes all the source code and dlls to compile the dll! Thanks! :D

A couple of things:

• Is this being rebranded as Panda Hiring Service? I'm worried that it will hire pandas!:0.0:
  • 1.1.3 is supposedly, if all goes well, hitting us next week, as per the dev notes. So your release of next week is right in the eye of the storm. I've been waiting for this mod for forever, but....maybe not the best timing. Although, I don't think there would be as many bugs/issues to worry about as the last few updates (i.e. no UI overhauls that I know of), but who can say.

Glad to see progress is progressin'!

Cheers.

edit: maybe I was imaging the release date....can't find it now.

Edited by Deimos Rast

It is the Read Panda Hiring services! Meaning it is run by red pandas, not that you hire red pandas. We carefully screen for only the kerbals /you/ want! No more picking from a random small pool of kerbals!

We even allow bulk hiring! So stop on in! Free snow-cones* for the first 10 down loaders!

*Note: Snow-Cones may be imaginary, if you do not get your snow-cone we are not liable for any snow-cone delivery failures. If your snow-cone melts you are responsible for any cleanup. The Red Panda Hiring Service can not be responsible for mis-use of snow-cones. Do not insert the pointy end of the snow-cone into your ear. Snow-Cones are intended for oral use only. Do not apply snow-cones to any electronic devices.

:D

Okay, I have no AC and can't really test things as well as I would like. If anyone could give me feed back here on if this works without nulrefs in 1.1.3 I would greatly appreciate it. I can monitor this thread from my tablet in a place below overheating panda point.

6 hours ago, TheReadPanda said:

Okay, I have no AC and can't really test things as well as I would like. If anyone could give me feed back here on if this works without nulrefs in 1.1.3 I would greatly appreciate it. I can monitor this thread from my tablet in a place below overheating panda point.

Hi, Just tested this and it seems to work beautifully in 1.1.3 

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great, but I'm finding that the bottom of the window, with the "hire applicant" button, is off the bottom of my screen.

screenshot inside the spoiler:

Spoiler

PeMHmmu.jpg

Going to try reinstalling the mod.

OK, I had my UI scale set to 90%, resetting to 100% fixed it. 

Edited by Docopp
further info

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

Stock KSP 1.2 allows the creation of Kerbals with any attributes via the Debug/Cheat menu.  Is this mod still needed??

Yes, because it allows a more direct interface, with balanced cost/rewards.  Especially in Career mode, debugging in a Kerbal with high stats is very different than paying a lot more to hire one.

Basically, the debug/cheat allows you to debug or cheat if you want, whereas this mod allows you to specify high-value Kerbals without cheating.

My mod is more an immersion mod now that the F12 lets you do much of the mechanics of it, plus it allows you to add up to 10 kerbals at a time.

Remember that F12 does not cost money, while my mod actually scales cost based on attribute and level and so on.

That said, if you only need one at a time and you are using sandbox mode you probably don't need my mod anymore.

As for updates, I will update this mod after 1.2 leaves pre-release. So give it until then and about a week I'm imagining after that to get it up to speed.I know it does not work in 1.2 pre-release so will need work.

Thanks for being patient!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2016 at 8:03 AM, TheReadPanda said:

My mod is more an immersion mod now that the F12 lets you do much of the mechanics of it, plus it allows you to add up to 10 kerbals at a time.

Remember that F12 does not cost money, while my mod actually scales cost based on attribute and level and so on.

That said, if you only need one at a time and you are using sandbox mode you probably don't need my mod anymore.

As for updates, I will update this mod after 1.2 leaves pre-release. So give it until then and about a week I'm imagining after that to get it up to speed.I know it does not work in 1.2 pre-release so will need work.

Thanks for being patient!

Your career fans will love this! Certainly still needed for saner Career hiring.  

- If you want a challenge, how about an option for a player to pay out 10 funds per day per non-tourist Kerbal on an active mission?  This essentially makes the initial hiring fee a "retainer" and then when they are called on mission, a player is forced to pay a daily wage.

- Finally, if a Kerbal is Killed in Action, this mod has an option to require a payout of 10x the hiring fee, as a sort of life insurance policy obligation.

thoughts?

I still would like to add a few more features but... for now I wanted to get this fixed version up asap.

Glad you guys like it.

The biggest request I've gotten is to be able to name your own kerbals in creation, which I can do, just need to work it up in to the UI etc.

But any other big requests? (And random career/random stats is kinda a no go cause random stats mess with the cost too much in career etc)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.