I have a general complaint.

Sharpy

I have a general complaint. About life, the universe and everything.

The screenshots explain my issue.

O96PTSy.jpg

ljlEb0k.jpg

Yes. Life is not fair. At least let me whine about it.

And yep, that's Minmus, with its inclination solar eclipse should happen on it once in a millennium or so.

Sure... except this is after a few hours of waiting for the sunrise :) And then sunrise doesn't come...

- - - Updated - - -

That's why the complaint is not about the game. Just... life.

Omg this is a game breaking bug, moons and planets are totally OP.

-----

ETA: Did not mean this post about over-poweredness to be a swipe at the original poster. Been there, done that, lost a ion powered Minmus lander in an eclipse myself. Swipe rather aimed at some others on this Forum who see every difficulty they face as a 'game breaking bug'.

Edited by Kuzzter

@Sharpy - I get your complaint and what you're saying.

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug. Life isn't fair.

Just think of it like the Mir fire back in 1997. http://www.universetoday.com/100229/fire-how-the-mir-incident-changed-space-station-safety/

Or hum quietly to yourself that god awful and annoying song from Annie,

Personally, I go with the Mir fire.

Really, really really hate that song.

I'm not being snippy, sorry if I sounded as such. I just don't see why this is any worse than hitting "Launch" in the VAB and finding out it's nighttime at the KSC.

Though it is far more dramatic, of course, it seems to be just as detrimental to your ship.

I actually expected someone to point out what I missed.

You're complaining about an eclipse screwing up your solar panels? :rolleyes:

A real life eclipse would do the exact same thing you know.

I dont get why you and others here think he was so serious. It was clearly posted in a more lighthearted manner.

Yea, but the mun has zero inclination, and is closer to Kerbin (thus Kerbin's angular diameter is greater)...

all that contributes to a much higher chance of an eclipse.

OP's point is that this was minmus... Bad luck.

I say we just remove all planets from the game, then we won't have this problem.

We still need somewhere to land, so I think a better option would be to replace them with giant glass spheres. That way we get the best of both worlds - somewhere to land but no pesky occlusion messing up our solar panels.

I had an autopiloted mission just about go bust because I did not allow for situations like that, as in I did not supply nearly enough batteries. And it was a mission to Minmus orbit, to boot.. You have to be prepared for every situation that you can imagine, and then those you can not.

Take this to heart: If Moho can screw up a flightplan to Jool from Kerbin, it will. Ike, Tylo, and Mun do their part, why not Moho?

We still need somewhere to land, so I think a better option would be to replace them with giant glass spheres. That way we get the best of both worlds - somewhere to land but no pesky occlusion messing up our solar panels.

But landing also causes problems! Like exploding!

Glass spheres make great lenses. Instead of an eclipse you get a death ray:)

But landing also causes problems! Like exploding!

Then we need to do away with landing. We'll just have our craft sit on the ground. Of course if we aren't taking off we don't need engines, fuel tanks or wings, so they can be removed. This should reduce the games memory footprint significantly and fix the OOM crashes.

Problem solved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.