1.04 Patch if you unluckily decided to buy at GOG (or even 1.03 ?)

Sirad

A small change, no this is a major revision of the physics and how the game is played. I agree that KSP is no where near and in any case should not be near real world physics but continuously changing the physics is not making for a good anything period. We all understood and accepted that right up to beta there would be changes and most of those were for the better. Since 1.0 came out I have had to restart career several times because the rockets I have in one version don't work in the next. Someone really needs to get their act together. It's just not me saying this, there are reviews of the "new" KSP that are not very flattering.

At least give us the choice to stay with an older version if your going to keep screwing around with the game.

At least give us the choice to stay with an older version if your going to keep screwing around with the game.

You have and have had that option for years. Even if you bought it on Steam. And especially if you bought it on GOG :D

You have and have had that option for years. Even if you bought it on Steam. And especially if you bought it on GOG :D

Ooh that's low :D

I sympathise with the OP, I noticed GOG doesn't have the update yet either.

I'm lucky in that as well as buying on GOG I bought on the KSP store (yes I bought two copies, I'm weird like that) so I just play the updated copy at the moment.

I can say that within hours people on here mentioned that GOG had been informed I'm sure by the end of today or tomorrow, all will be well.

GOG could do a bit better on the distribution side (Galaxy is a buggy mess at the moment) but they're still good.

Either Squid hasn't forwarded the game yet or GOG hasn't gotten their installer up yet. Either way it's just a matter of patience.

No, I bought it through the KSP store. and the only back dated version they have is .90. I liked 1.02 but can't find a copy.

No, I bought it through the KSP store. and the only back dated version they have is .90. I liked 1.02 but can't find a copy.

You should have kept the zip you downloaded. In fact, you may have and not even know it. Did you check your browser's download history, or whatever directory you download files to?

Gog is usually slow with updates and it usually takes 24h or more as they don't have people working round the clock or manpower/resources of Valve.

Memories are short and people forget just how terrible Steam was for years and how long it took for it to become a very good client. Gog Galaxy has been in alpha for about 6 months and is currently beta with LOTS of features still missing or not working properly.

Gog does provide updated installers for the standalone new version of a game and usually an upgrade patch that patches the game to the latest version. These are created manually and though it's not a terribly slow process by itself, there could be a queue of updates for multiple games each day. It also doesn't help if there's a patch followed quickly by a hotfix patch, which is kinda exactly what happened with the two updates of KSP they've had to deal with so far.

Yes i'm defending them here, and it's true they should pickup the pace of updates, BUT the forgotten upshot here is that whereas Steam just steamrolls over your current version of the game, Gog allows you to download each version installer separately, back it up, install it unlimited times and play it whenever you like. This is the other side of the coin with games that are still getting frequent updates because often those bork mods or change gameplay. Steam is quick to update but unless you made manual backups, you're going to be playing the latest version wheter you like it or not. You also need internet access on every computer you wish to update your game on, whereas Gog's installers/patches allow for offline installs.

Steam is definitely more convenient and easier to use, until it stops you from doing what you want like updating offline, disabling the client or playing an outdated version.

Gog is slower but less likely to interfere with the customer playing the game they own in the way they want, which includes butchering and modding it.

I don't think they're evil, in fact i kinda think they deserve some love. But if slow updates are a problem send them feedback that they can go to hell and wont see any of your money again until they improve the update process. It's an effective threat.

I don't think they're evil, in fact i kinda think they deserve some love. But if slow updates are a problem send them feedback that they can go to hell and wont see any of your money again until they improve the update process. It's an effective threat.

Keep in mind that we don't know what is keeping the update from being released on GoG. Maybe Squad just forgot to hand over the patch on time, and that's what's holding it back.

I can just speak from my experience with Witcher 3, where the updates are released on the day they are released on Steam. So GoG is definitely capable of doing it, why it doesn't happen with KSP is a mystery atm.

Keep in mind that we don't know what is keeping the update from being released on GoG. Maybe Squad just forgot to hand over the patch on time, and that's what's holding it back.

I can just speak from my experience with Witcher 3, where the updates are released on the day they are released on Steam. So GoG is definitely capable of doing it, why it doesn't happen with KSP is a mystery atm.

Well i have been a user for several years now and in my experience the updates were allways slower. Never to the point where it upset me or took more than 1-2 days, but if a patch rolled out just as the folks who work there left office, it could obviously affect time it takes to roll out updated files. I suspect in this case the delay was caused by the 1.0.4 hotfix coming on the heels of the 1.0.3 update, but that's just a guess.

I don't exactly know how KSP and it's updates fare in gog land because i update from the store. By downloading the entire game... Generally the update song and dance is similar across games these days. Steam is usually first, sometimes quicker than dev's own website or less clogged up. Other distributers such as Gog, HumbleStore or whatever are hours or up to a day or so behind.

Sorry for starting up that thread.

It was my own fault to buy at such a lousy company, should have read the internet carefully before....

I learned my lesson.

GOG just laugh at me, by bringing up that lousy 'technical problems' excuse.

Its a slap in my face (and did anyone ever believed lousy 'technical problem' since the 90's ?)

i am a idiot. forgive me....

GOG just laugh at me, by bringing up that lousy 'technical problems' excuse.

Its a slap in my face (and did anyone ever believed lousy 'technical problem' since the 90's ?)

GOG (nor anyone else) is not "laughing at you". It is entirely possible for things to break down or not go as planned, even in the advanced year of 2015, and not even at a particularly different rate of occurrence than the 90's.

I was there. I have the enormous Jorts to prove it.

Edited by Randazzo

Gog is usually slow with updates and it usually takes 24h or more as they don't have people working round the clock or manpower/resources of Valve.

In some cases it has taken weeks or even months to provide updates. GOG was fantastic when it was a site bringing back old games DRM free, but I've made the mistake of buying newer titles near their launch date (RoTT, Shadow Warrior) and have been pretty disappointed with how they handle updates.

Isn't the best option for KSP still to just buy directly from Squad?

Isn't the best option for KSP still to just buy directly from Squad?

That depends. I like the Store (especially since 1.0, the bandwidth seems up to the challenge of new release day), but if a player is heavily invested in Steam then that might be the better choice. Of course, the biggest factor is which outlet has the best price at the time.

I also wish to defend GOG.com. Until recently, they only dealt in selling awesome old games for dirt-cheap prices but patched to modern standards of reliability. I love them for that. Selling new games and keeping up with patches that are coming out now instead of 10 years ago is new for them. Not that you should feel any less frustrated. Just try not to hate those nice guys, please.

I like GoG and I've bought a handful of games from them, but they are all fixed-up oldies. I've never experienced any game updates or patches through them. Seeing as how they started out as sort of a paid home-of-the-underdogs reboot, I'm not surprised they don't have as robust of an infrastructure for deploying hotfixes.