[1.0.5 - 1.4] Colorful Fuel Lines, 0.3.3 (2018-03-12) :)

NecroBones

Greetings!  I have a question about this mod's listing on CKAN, and I was directed here.

This mod is listed, recently, as being manually-confirmed as compatible with v1.1.1 (which is a change from 24 hours ago).  However, when I attempt to select this mod for install on an install of KSP v1.1.1 with a handful of only confirmed-compatible CKAN-managed mods, I get the following error:

uE4Nun4.png

Attempts to locate InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core or any keyword permutation thereof yields no joy, including turning off all mod filters and instead searching "all" repository-listed mods regardless of KSP version.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎30 at 8:30 PM, MisterFister said:

Greetings!  I have a question about this mod's listing on CKAN, and I was directed here.

This mod is listed, recently, as being manually-confirmed as compatible with v1.1.1 (which is a change from 24 hours ago).  However, when I attempt to select this mod for install on an install of KSP v1.1.1 with a handful of only confirmed-compatible CKAN-managed mods, I get the following error:

uE4Nun4.png

Attempts to locate InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core or any keyword permutation thereof yields no joy, including turning off all mod filters and instead searching "all" repository-listed mods regardless of KSP version.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Anyone?

On 4/30/2016 at 8:30 PM, MisterFister said:

Forgot to mention I have an open issue on the CKAN/Netkan github addressing this: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/3851

Also, I have a pull request now for ColorfulFuelLines to switch back to Firespitter til its straightened out: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/3862

• 1 year later...

Is this why the Spacedock version (v1.5.1) still appears to have a very old Interstellar Fuel Switch included? I get a warning massage from MiniAVC, but nothing seems to break with either the version included or the current IFS version. I'm working through things to sort out some misbehaviour I had with Start node stock parts being invisible, and I noticed this. It might just be the .version file

• 4 months later...

1.4 news: For the moment, I'm leaving this unchanged: It will still use either Firespitter or IFS to do the texture switching. This could work in the new stock switcher, but that would also add all these colors as themes... many of which don't make sense to show up there. I'm still open to changing it over, but it's probably not a high priority at the moment.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:05 AM, Wolf Baginski said:

Is this why the Spacedock version (v1.5.1) still appears to have a very old Interstellar Fuel Switch included? I get a warning massage from MiniAVC, but nothing seems to break with either the version included or the current IFS version. I'm working through things to sort out some misbehaviour I had with Start node stock parts being invisible, and I noticed this. It might just be the .version file

Huh, I'll take a look. It probably shouldn't have that. :)

Posted:

0.3.3 (2018-03-12) - Tweaks.
 - Updated download link in readme to Spacedock instead of *.
 - Removed included copies of MM and IFS.

Edited by NecroBones

• 7 months later...

Ive made a cfg for ColorfulFuelLines, NOT REQUIRING Interstellar Fuel Switch or Firesplitter.  To use delete the MM cfg file and replace with a new one containing this:

Spoiler

@PART[fuelLine]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModulePartVariants
        baseVariant = FuelLineYellow
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLineYellow
            displayName = FuelLineYellow
            themeName = FuelLineYellow
            primaryColor = #FFFF00 
            secondaryColor = #FFFF00
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/FuelLine/FTX-2 External Fuel Duct
            }
        } 
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLineBlue
            displayName = FuelLineBlue
            themeName = FuelLineBlue
            primaryColor = #0000FF
            secondaryColor = #0000FF
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlue
            }
        } 
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLineGreen
            displayName = FuelLineGreen
            themeName = FuelLineGreen
            primaryColor = #008000
            secondaryColor = #008000
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGreen
            }
        } 
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLineGrey
            displayName = FuelLineGrey
            themeName = FuelLineGrey
            primaryColor = #808080
            secondaryColor = #808080
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGrey
            }
        } 
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLineOrange
            displayName = FuelLineOrange
            themeName = FuelLineOrange
            primaryColor = #FFA500
            secondaryColor = #FFA500
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineOrange
            }
        } 
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLinePurple
            displayName = FuelLinePurple
            themeName = FuelLinePurple
            primaryColor = #800080
            secondaryColor = #800080
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLinePurple
            }
        } 
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLineRed
            displayName = FuelLineRed
            themeName = FuelLineRed
            primaryColor = #ff0000
            secondaryColor = #ff0000
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineRed
            }
        } 
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLineWhite
            displayName = FuelLineWhite
            themeName = FuelLineWhite
            primaryColor = #ffffff
            secondaryColor = #ffffff
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineWhite
            }
        } 
        VARIANT
        {
            name = FuelLineBlack
            displayName = FuelLineBlack
            themeName = FuelLineBlack
            primaryColor = #000000
            secondaryColor = #000000
            TEXTURE
            {
                mainTextureURL = ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlack
            }
        } 
    }

}

The primary/secondary colors arnt perfectly the same as what the textures colors actually are, I used basic hex codes for the color names. If anyone would like to make em look more like what the texture colors are, feel free to ping me with the hex codes and ill update my cfg. @NecroBones Feel free to update this mod with this cfg, or maybe make a 'fork' so to speak so anyone who plays pre 1.4+ can still use this mod. But anyone playing 1.4+, IFS isn't really needed for this anymore. Cheers!

Edited by Jesusthebird

• 1 month later...

it uses the vanilla texture variation, it adds simple the colors to the rightclick menu of the fuel conduct, the zip includes the textures the cfg and the localization, (module manager needed)

it works with the making history dlc, i not testet if it works without what i can do

(edit)

yes it works

Edited by Shaymes

• 6 months later...

For anybody who wants to use this and has IFS or Firespitter, I fixed the config to work:

@PART[fuelLine]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name:NEEDS[!InterstellarFuelSwitch] = FStextureSwitch2
		name:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch] = InterstellarTextureSwitch2
		textureNames = Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/fuelLine/FTX-2 External Fuel Duct;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineWhite;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGrey;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlack;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineGreen;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineBlue;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLinePurple;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineRed;ColorfulFuelLines/FuelLineOrange
		textureDisplayNames = Yellow;White;Grey;Black;Green;Blue;Purple;Red;Orange
		//objectNames = model;fuelLine;anchor;obj_line;obj_anchorCap;obj_targetCap;obj_targetAnchor
		objectNames = obj_line_pivot;obj_anchorCap_pivot;anchor-Pivot;obj_targetAnchor-Pivot;obj_targetCap-Pivot
		nextButtonText = Next Color
		prevButtonText = Previous Color
		statusText = Current Color
	}

}

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone! Sorry for my extremely long absence. I've moved on to a variety of other things, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not maintaining these mods anymore. Zer0Kerbal has requested taking over maintenance of my mods, and so I've added him to the list of authors on Spacedock and Curseforge, so that these can continue to be updated to work on current versions of KSP. Thank you everyone for all of the love and support over the years. All of this has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe, and has been some of the best online experience I've had to date. So I'm quite glad that others are willing to pick up the mantle and allow these mods to continue to be used.

Thanks everyone!

@DasSkelett@HebaruSan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.