[1.6.1] NodeHelper - tool used to edit node positions

Felbourn

@Felbourn sir, consider getting help from linuxgurugamer, i had seen and used his mods, if you want to keep the authority i think he will be totally fine with it, i looked into your mod's source, well, i am not that familiar with ksp's API but i can tell that it's well structured and easy to maintain specially when i saw only few references to ksputil (that is obsolete now?) anyway, i am fairly sure it should be easy maintenance for practiced people that know their way around ksp's api

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Here is a totally unofficial release for 1.2.1:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2bd9m0aev7bava/NodeHelper-4-1.2.1-beta.zip?dl=0

thanks sir, you just made my life easier, i just started with part developing for some models that were sitting around the forums for quit some time and no one is using them, thankfully their licensing let me use them :wink: and this will help 200% of the times lol

For three years now I have not been playing any other games. I built up a bit of a backlog of things I should have been trying since my job is making games and I like to play lots of games. I took a break to play other things for a couple months. I am playing a lot of Civ 6 now when I get time to play anything, but once that runs its course if there are no more games left for me to catch up on then I can get back to KSP. Until then, the code is in git so just use linux's version. He can submit a pull request and I'll make it official when I come back.

14 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

For three years now I have not been playing any other games. I built up a bit of a backlog of things I should have been trying since my job is making games and I like to play lots of games. I took a break to play other things for a couple months. I am playing a lot of Civ 6 now when I get time to play anything, but once that runs its course if there are no more games left for me to catch up on then I can get back to KSP. Until then, the code is in git so just use linux's version. He can submit a pull request and I'll make it official when I come back.

I'll submit a PR this evening.  I'll also upload the zip to Github this evening to make it more reliable.

In the meantime, if someone has a suggestion to improve, let me know.

21 hours ago, Felbourn said:

Have a good time.

Welding will be waiting for you :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۱۳ ه‍.ش. at 4:48 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Here is a totally unofficial release for 1.2.1:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2bd9m0aev7bava/NodeHelper-4-1.2.1-beta.zip?dl=0

I have a slightly big issue with this mod, on the node selection pannel, there is no slider on gui, one of the parts i was developing had more than 80 nodes (don't panic using b9PartSwitch for managing them :wink: ) and when i tried to look into few of them using this tool, i noticed that even with full height, most of the nodes are outside of the window and there is no slider to look into them lol

41 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

I have a slightly big issue with this mod, on the node selection pannel, there is no slider on gui, one of the parts i was developing had more than 80 nodes (don't panic using b9PartSwitch for managing them :wink: ) and when i tried to look into few of them using this tool, i noticed that even with full height, most of the nodes are outside of the window and there is no slider to look into them lol

That is quite a lot of nodes.  But I'm not sure what you are referring to, do you mean that the window isn't scrolling?  Can you post a picture please?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That is quite a lot of nodes.  But I'm not sure what you are referring to, do you mean that the window isn't scrolling?  Can you post a picture please?

Thanks

you asked for the awesomness, get ready for it :P

2a5ab63e32634a31b39f5de0aadd98e0.png

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

Thanks, by the way, i read that with this tool you can add new nodes to the part, but can't find where is that option :/

When you right-click on a part, it shows some or all of the windows below.  In the Node Helper - Node Data, click the Show Node Creation button:

zJrzFQL.png

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When you right-click on a part, it shows some or all of the windows below.  In the Node Helper - Node Data, click the Show Node Creation button:

zJrzFQL.png

That's the point, I never see that NodeHelper-NodeData window on right clicking on the part, only the node list and when i click on the buttons i get the middle window, the window on the right side never shows up, am i missing something?

also, is it possible to eat the event after the right click so that parts with right click menu won't show the menu at the same time?

Edited by Jiraiyah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.