Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

10 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

hey, help me out please :D so i have this issue.... ( a serious issue) where the stars aren't there :(

I need you to provide me some logs, here's what you need to do:

1- Uninstall all mods

2- Install GN + Kopernicus + ModuleManager

3- run ksp

4_A- if you are still experiencing the issue you need to upload:

- Logs folder (found in the ksp directory)
   - output.log file (found in ksp directory)
   - modulemanager.cachefile (found in gamedata)

4_B- if you are not experiencing the issue anymore it might be a compatibility issue. Find out which mod is breaking GN and let me know

I don't have the time to look at logs with hundreds of mods, I will completely ignore them.

14 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

how would i get the planets i choose back around kerbol again?

this is possible but too complicated to explain, if you manage to write a mm patch to move them back around the sun more power to you, but I won't give support for customized installs.

sorry if I couldn't help you more, but my free time is limited lately and modding ksp is becoming less and less fun every day

Would it be possible to create a config that would swap the Kerbol System with the New Horizons/Uncharted Lands/RSS system? That way we can start in our custom system and visit the Kerbol system later.

Edited by Elowiny

1 hour ago, Matchlight said:

Is it possible i could rename 'Sun' to 'Kerbol' and just move the planets back editing the configs? i know who to do that other that how to change the name of the sun... any ideas? :D

No

23 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

Would it be possible to create a config that would swap the Kerbol System with the New Horizons/Uncharted Lands/RSS system? That way we can start in our custom system and visit the Kerbol system later.

No

58 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Hey the link to Kopernicus Mod on your OP is directing to a false page.

thanks, I updated it now

34 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@Sigma88 Hey, I'm testing the mod with KSPI-E could you please list the distances to every star from Kerbin?

I have no idea honestly, I never measured the distance.

Edit:

Now that I think about it, it should be possible to check for the distance by setting the star as target, and if that doesn't work, maybe hyperedit a craft in orbit around the star and then target the craft from your ship in orbit around kerbin

Edited by Sigma88

My trip To Helios within a 1.5 year use Daedalus traveling up to 1% of speed of light

Notice that half of my fusion fuel was left, so I would have been able to make a return trip, or reach 2% of speed of light in a fly by, or replace the fuel by a colony modules

I noticed maneuvering between stars  is now a lot better than before KSP 1.0

This little test proves you can travel to stars in the KSP galactic neighbourhood withing a reasonable time

Edited by FreeThinker

ah yes, I noticed that the skybox behaves weirdly.

I have no idea what is causing that, I guess it's probably ksp fails to calculate either because I've reparented kerbin, or because the central body doesn't emit light but some of ksp code still considers the only light source to be at the center of the universe

plus, if you are using DoE, that mod is not compatible with GN... so there's also that

Edited by Sigma88

On 7/18/2016 at 4:34 PM, FreeThinker said:

My trip To Helios within a 1.5 year use Daedalus traveling up to 1% of speed of light

Notice that half of my fusion fuel was left, so I would have been able to make a return trip, or reach 2% of speed of light in a fly by, or replace the fuel by a colony modules

I noticed maneuvering between stars  is now a lot better than before KSP 1.0

This little test proves you can travel to stars in the KSP galactic neighbourhood withing a reasonable time

How the.... How did you get multiple sunflares there???

Also @Sigma88 How do i make my stars look like Algok? With the custom texture and all.

3 hours ago, EnriqueB said:

Hey, hey, hey, what's that of ''Sun system'', it would be on the RSS vicinity of your mod. A better name for the stock star is referring it as Kerbol, the Sun really makes me confused with the real solar system:confused:.

Kerbol does not exist

A better name for the star would be the one actually used by the game when the mod is not installed.

RSS star is called Sol

On 19-7-2016 at 10:13 AM, Sigma88 said:

ah yes, I noticed that the skybox behaves weirdly.

I have no idea what is causing that, I guess it's probably ksp fails to calculate either because I've reparented kerbin, or because the central body doesn't emit light but some of ksp code still considers the only light source to be at the center of the universe

plus, if you are using DoE, that mod is not compatible with GN... so there's also that

After flying away close to the speed of light, I suddenly noticed the stars were appearing again. Apparently the  skybox was not visible due to the insane amount of light emitted by your stars, they become invisible.

Have you taken in accound the distances when scaling the brightness of the stars? Perhaps it's an idea to reduce the brightness to 1/10 of the current setting.

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

After flying away close to the speed of light, I suddenly noticed the stars were appearing again. Apparently the  skybox was not visible due to the insane amount of light emitted by your stars, they become invisible.

Have you taken in accound the distances when scaling the brightness of the stars? Perhaps it's an idea to reduce the brightness to 1/10 of the current setting.

all the stars have the standard ksp luminosity, if you are using the latest release there are some incompatibility issues with 1.1.3

if you try the development version the "brightness" effects should work better.

however the skybox dimming issue still persists, that's because (I suppose) it's not supposed to work with multiple stars, and it probably assumes that the "sun" is the center of the universe

19 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

Sigma, when it's finished can you maybe try to integrate my mod Kerbol Binary into this?

If not as an actual binary, maybe put it in a trailing orbit?

I'm not working much on GN (or any other ksp mod) lately, but when motivation will come back I can take a look

1 hour ago, _Augustus_ said:

All right. I've just added the 2nd planet and I have no PQS skill, so pardon me.

It's not my place to judge the "aestetics" of a planet pack.

the requirements to get included in GN are:

1- the mod needs to be relatively finished (I don't want to go back and fix compatibility every time you add something)

2- the mod needs to work properly (I don't want to get bug reports because your mod doesn't work)

3- the mod needs to be relatively easy to add to GN, and it needs to fit in a sphere with a 2e12 meters radius (I usually exclude galaxy mods for this reason)

I leave opinions about aestetics to the players, if they don't like a pack they are free to not install it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.