ASET Props Pack. v1.5 (for the modders who create IVA)

alexustas

On 28-2-2016 at 2:12 AM, MOARdV said:

I opened an issue on alexustas's GitHub account, but he's been very busy this fall / winter.  I haven't heard a response yet.

I believe the license allows me to redistribute the original prop zip files (and I'm sure a mod will let me know if I'm wrong).  These links are to DropBox, so please go easy on them:

ASET Avionics

ASET Props

I'll keep these links valid until alexustas puts them on spacedock or otherwise reposts the prop packs (or indicates he doesn't want them distributed).

Thanks ever so much for keeping a working version up!

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Has 1.2 broken this or does it still work?

As always, these are props.  They don't have any real version dependencies.  However, you will have to update RasterPropMonitor, which is what makes the props functional.

On 12/10/2016 at 2:23 PM, MOARdV said:

As always, these are props.  They don't have any real version dependencies.  However, you will have to update RasterPropMonitor, which is what makes the props functional.

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is some changes to do. GitHub is currently down (!!), but the changelog of RPM said that the color codes must be replaced from "[#aabbcc]" to "<color=#aabbcc>". We just need to look at a digital indicator to see the issue :).

If we use regexp, it seems there is 2 things to replace in the ".cfg" files :

\[(#[0-9A-Fa-f]{6}([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})?)\] by <color=\1>
\[(#<=[01]:("?[0-9A-Fa-f]{6}([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})?"?;){2}"?[0-9A-Fa-f]{6}([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})?"?=>)\] by <color=\1>

That's for ASET Props and ASET Avionics Packs. It seems to work fine with this modification.

Edited by Faelucc
Did some test and updated the second regexp

58 minutes ago, Faelucc said:

Unfortunately, there is some changes to do

Yes, you are correct.  alexustas is aware of the changes, and the next release will be updated, but users will need to make config file changes to keep using the current pack until the refresh is out.

On 10/21/2016 at 0:54 PM, Faelucc said:

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is some changes to do. GitHub is currently down (!!), but the changelog of RPM said that the color codes must be replaced from "[#aabbcc]" to "<color=#aabbcc>". We just need to look at a digital indicator to see the issue :).

If we use regexp, it seems there is 2 things to replace in the ".cfg" files :

\[(#[0-9A-Fa-f]{6}([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})?)\] by <color=\1>
\[(#<=[01]:("?[0-9A-Fa-f]{6}([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})?"?;){2}"?[0-9A-Fa-f]{6}([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})?"?=>)\] by <color=\1>

That's for ASET Props and ASET Avionics Packs. It seems to work fine with this modification.

What .cfgs in particular do I need to edit? And what is "regexp", and how do I go about using it?

1 hour ago, TokaiTori said:

What .cfgs in particular do I need to edit? And what is "regexp", and how do I go about using it?

See @Ralathon instructions here.    Sorry I cannot help with which particular files need editing.   I'm hoping someone who figures it out, is willing to share.:cool:

Edited by nukeboyt

On 24/10/2016 at 10:39 PM, TokaiTori said:

And what is "regexp", and how do I go about using it?

Quickly said, Regular Expression is a way to find patterns. As Ralathon said, Notepad++ (for example) has a regular expression mode to search/replace patterns.

On 25/10/2016 at 0:20 AM, nukeboyt said:

Sorry I cannot help with which particular files need editing.

You don't need to know in which files you need to replace the patterns. If you use Notepad++, use "Find in files" to search and replace the patterns in all "*.cfg" (filter) files under "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ASET" repertory (replace with your KSP install repertory). I did it myself, it's safe :)

The patterns in my post are longer than the pattern given by Ralaton (\[#([0-9a-fA-F]+)\]), but :

• they are more accurate
  • Ralaton's pattern isn't complete (it doesn't fix the issue if the text color can change)

5 hours ago, Faelucc said:

Quickly said, Regular Expression is a way to find patterns. As Ralathon said, Notepad++ (for example) has a regular expression mode to search/replace patterns.

You don't need to know in which files you need to replace the patterns. If you use Notepad++, use "Find in files" to search and replace the patterns in all "*.cfg" (filter) files under "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ASET" repertory (replace with your KSP install repertory). I did it myself, it's safe :)

The patterns in my post are longer than the pattern given by Ralaton (\[#([0-9a-fA-F]+)\]), but :

• they are more accurate
  • Ralaton's pattern isn't complete (it doesn't fix the issue if the text color can change)

THANK YOU!    The "find in files" was the part puzzle I was missing.   It's much better than what I got before.  But it didn't quite get them all.  (It found over 400 with the first find and replace and 27 or so with the second).  I'm going to try again with a clean install.

Edit:

Clean Install did the trick!!   

Edited by nukeboyt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't find the props. They won't show up in any cockpit.

Log

I'm also going to post this in ASET Avionics since they both need eachother and this problem might be related to it.

Version of KSP 1.2.1

I am using Windows 10

Edited by Murican_Jeb

10 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I can't find the props. They won't show up in any cockpit.

Log

I'm also going to post this in ASET Avionics since they both need eachother and this problem might be related to it.

Version of KSP 1.2.1

I am using Windows 10

Are you using a pod that has an IVA set up to use these props?

10 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Are you using a pod that has an IVA set up to use these props?

I was expecting a different kind of question because if you read over the log, you would see textures are failing...

43 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I was expecting a different kind of question because if you read over the log, you would see textures are failing...

A handful are - the same DDS files that have been failing since the pack was released.  I have the same errors, and those props show up in the IVAs that I work on.  Failed texture loads cause props to show up as solid white, not "I can't find the props. They won't show up in any cockpit." 

Which ASET-props enabled pod(s) are you using?

25 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Well which cockpits are prop enabled ?

ASET props are only available in IVAs that modders created to use them.  alexustas's ALCOR lander, his Mk1-2 pod, a couple of other examples in the test builds he's made lately.  DeputyLOL has a B7x7 cockpit.  I've got a Yarbrough Mk1-1A2 cockpit.  There are a few others - you'd have to search the forum for IVA's that mention ASET Props or ASET Avionics.

This mod is a toolkit for IVA makers (hence the "for the modders who create IVA" in the title).  They provide props for the people who do make updated pods.  It does not automatically add these props to every pod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/11/2016 at 1:53 AM, nukeboyt said:

@Murican_Jeb said:    Are there any Mk-1 cockpits that are compatible with this?

Here is a Mk-1 cockpit made by @alexustas that is presently in beta-testing.   It is definitely going to be worth the wait.  (Anyone else having problems on the forum with "Quotes" not working properly?)

mz12jd5.png

Holy krap that looks amazing.... I must have it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.