[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]

Shadowmage

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

Not sure it works,haven't tested it yet (waiting for mods to update to 1.2).

same here

in the meantime I'm messing with the SSTU station module, namely the solar panel part... I just made that SM I posted months ago even better :D

and also added Nertea's Near Future Solar panels to the SSTU solar panel list :P

1 hour ago, 19chickens said:

I just had a go with SSTU in 1.2-it all seems to work in-VAB but the autofairing on the SC-C doesn't work along with the commands like "Extend Panels".

Shadowmage is working on an update for 1.2, it'll be ready when it's ready, the current versions are NOT 1.2 compatible, there are plenty of changes that he had to address. Past that, 1.1.3 works just fine. So no need to report things that don't work with 1.2, he knows.

You have few posts, so I'll assume you are new. Usually it takes a while for mods to update after a patch, particularly a substantial one like 1.2. If you read up the thread for the last several pages, you will see many progress reports from shadowmage on how moving it forward to 1.2 is going. It sucks to be so very spoiled by a such a great mod, but we can survive until it gets updated :D .

1 minute ago, 19chickens said:

I've had the game since 2014, just never posted :P  I merely assumed that the discussion was on 1.2-sorry!

Hint: if you look at the thread tittle, it will tell you what version of KSP the most recent release is for.

5 minutes ago, 19chickens said:

I've had the game since 2014, just never posted :P  I merely assumed that the discussion was on 1.2-sorry!

Yeah, shadowmage is really transparent in his work---he shows us what's up and coming, and tends to sort of blog his progress here (which is honestly fascinating to read, it's cool to see how the sausage gets made :) ). As a result, the recent weeks have indeed been all about the 1.2 compatible version---it's just not released to us yet since it's not ready, it's what he's been working on.

Edited by tater

@Jimbodiah

http://imgur.com/a/Ba4mn

Engines sold separately (but they need Aerozine50 and NTO)

I might make a second Apollo variant with these panels in X like Orion, as I don't know if I can include two configs for the same solar panel on the same part (@Shadowmage, halp), and possibly make a version of the Apollo SM with some panels and a Block III/IV/V from @CobaltWolf's Apollo SM, in these two last cases, engines included

(btw, there's an Apollo somewhere in that album)

Initial 1.2 testing release is available:

https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/releases/tag/0.5.33.126

Huge change-log.  See the links for details and downloads. WARNING - some save-breaking changes have been made to some parts.  Also a few as-yet unresolved bugs, and a few things that are still TODO.  See the change-log Known Issues section.  Likely a few other broken things in the update that I've not tested/found yet.  Please submit bug reports for any new problems found.

If there are any problems with the custom shaders (for solar panels) please let me know, along with the OS and graphics setup in use (directX, openGL, other options).

This next week will be spent doing a bit more cleanup on the remaining TODO and outstanding problems.  After that work will begin in earnest on the inflatable HAB part geometries and textures.

FrjAspr.png

fj74eml.png

I cannot change any tank diameters... I'm in sandbox. Pure SSTU install.

Diameter right-click exists in the MUS tanks (not int he MFT tanks at all), but is disabled. 

So on the MUS tanks, they appear at their default diameter, but when you right-click them they drop to 1.25m.

NEVERMIND.

You'd think that the new "upgrade" behavior would be default in Sandbox (apply all upgrades), but it's not. Make sure to check that box for testing!

Edited by tater

New panels look incredible, no issues that I have seen yet.

Trivial, housecleaning issues:

Solar panels are still in the old "Utility" category, not the new, "Electrical" one.

The SSTU HGA needs to be moved to "Communication" as well.

RBDC needs to move to "Coupling," as do the DP-0P and DP-1P.

1 minute ago, tater said:

In career mode, the engines have no icons in the R&D facility.

And they do not exist in the VAB or SPH...

IE no models to place

IS there supposed to be a Texture Zip for this update?

Edited by Pappystein

I can start one. My last one was stupid, lol. I realized my mistake.

There is no texture DL, as they are now subsumed into the basic DL.

Wow, I didn't get past the no icons... no models at all!

Edited by tater

I love the spherical tanks.

Now I need a large, round crew compartment :D

The only issue I see with the MFT-S is that the outer structure is not aligned such that the frameworks line up with the default orthogonal locations. Ie: the vertical structures are rotationally offset a few degrees. The MCB-A is aligned properly. You'll notice if you place one against the other.

misalignment.png

Edited by tater

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

And they do not exist in the VAB or SPH...

IE no models to place

IS there supposed to be a Texture Zip for this update?

Have the same issue.

EDIT:

Going to download one of the latest texture sets and test to see if it fixes it.

EDIT 2:

The latest texture sets didn't change anything.

Edited by NateDaBeast
Edit og post

14 hours ago, mechanicH said:

I haven't tried it yet but is it possible that it might work in career mode. Just cheat unlock everything and see if that does the trick. Just an idea. 

No this will not help.  The same issues occur in Sandbox as career.

@mechanicH Thanks for the idea though!

Edited by Pappystein
replaced deleted line

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.