Devnote Tuesday: New Community Manager

SQUAD

IIRC it's been mentioned before they wanted someone "local" ie - from Mexico City?
Or otherwise close by maybe.

Any forumers around here from Mexico City or the nearby area?

Pretty sure it will be someone parachuted into the community, rather than someone we're familiar with.

I know you do not like giving our release dates, but can you give us a "not before date" at least? :D

Changing community manager - sounds similar to community center - reminds of changing probation worker ... Misfits, cool TV show.

will windows 10 affect ksp?

Experts predict a general degradation in the quality of service of the internet as a whole as Microsoft opens the floodgates on 40-50 terabit/s of upgrade downloads, lasting several days. :P

However, if you have already downloaded KSP, the release should not affect you. This includes trying to run KSP on Windows 10. The OS offers a new DirectX feature level, but does not in any way break backwards compatibility with applications designed for 7 or 8/8.1.

<b>Jim (Romfarer)</b>Work continues on the upgraded editor and application launcher. As for the editor we are changing the way parts are displayed, slightly. Instead of the old tabs where you get a fixed amount of parts on each page and have to flip back and forth, we are a adding a scrollable parts list.

Scrollable Part List.... I'm in love :cool:

Jim (Romfarer)

Work continues on the upgraded editor and application launcher. As for the editor we are changing the way parts are displayed, slightly. Instead of the old tabs where you get a fixed amount of parts on each page and have to flip back and forth, we are a adding a scrollable parts list.

Please allow this to be configurable, I much prefer paged lists and have memorised parts and which page of which category they're on. Also I find the scrolled UI areas in KSP 1.0 to be rather fiddly and a PITA, although that may not be an issue with newer version of Unity, but none I use very often - the editor I spend hours using however.

Experts predict a general degradation in the quality of service of the internet as a whole as Microsoft opens the floodgates on 40-50 terabit/s of upgrade downloads, lasting several days. :P

You forgot to add quotes around the "experts".

Mike (Mu)

Have also liberally been putting tooltips on everything.

Oh, this reminds me of my pet peeve of the week - not being able to see the experience or skill details anywhere but in the astronaut complex. Here's hoping that the current tooltip for that makes it onto the crew selection screens in the VAB/SPH and launch windows!

Mike (Mu)

We have written a localisation system for deploying the game into different languages, this is being implemented alongside the UI upgrade and allows a wide variety of character sets and fonts. MõýѠрð÷ôуòðõт þт рðôþÑÂтø!!

AWWW YEEEAAAAAHHH!!! :D Finally, russian language will be in KSP besides english.

Of course not only russian. :)

Please allow this to be configurable, I much prefer paged lists and have memorised parts and which page of which category they're on. Also I find the scrolled UI areas in KSP 1.0 to be rather fiddly and a PITA, although that may not be an issue with newer version of Unity, but none I use very often - the editor I spend hours using however.

Here's hoping that the custom groups UI gets some love with the UI rework; which would easily solve your problems. It's rather hard to use effectively at the moment.

Do you play on a 50" tv screen with 4k resolution? Otherwise 7 icons in a row with the current size of the panel will be really tiny.

...which is why he asked for it to be an option, I assume.

Though I'd prefer better filtering and sorting, myself. 3 columns is more than enough if you don't toss every new part into "Utilities."

Short devnotes! Still, much better than no notes. Or a single image like happened a few weeks back...

Internationalisation and localisation, finally! It always struck me as ironic that a Mexican-developed game was only available in English, now that can change.

I've never given a flying fig about the launcher and patcher myself. Doubt it'll add any feature to make me start using it instead of just running the game.

Bit concerning to see Squad announcing that there is a new Community Manager, without saying who that person is. In particular we've no idea if this is somebody established or if it's a new guy swooping in on us.

Online services? Is this multiplayer related? I hope Squad don't opt for locking multiplayer to their own, possibly paid, servers.

We are adding a scrollable parts list

YES! I can actually use part mods again without having to click through five pages of trusses to get to the frigging stock decouplers!

Last week I went back to the Launcher, I’m worked on something we can give a massive announcement with, it’s already done and you will see the aforementioned announcement.

For all the people that don't use the launcher and just launch from the .app (or .exe, depending on your OS), because seriously why would you need an app that's sole purpose is opening another app, can you enlighten us as to what said announcement is? Or is it not up yet?

For all the people that don't use the launcher and just launch from the .app (or .exe, depending on your OS), because seriously why would you need an app that's sole purpose is opening another app, can you enlighten us as to what said announcement is? Or is it not up yet?

My gut's telling me it'll be a way to - hopefully using profiles - specify which mods you want enabled and disabled before loading.

But at this point "It runs now" would be a pretty significant announcement :D

I get the feeling it might be one of those Yes:But things, like

The launcher now has CKAN/AVC like management/notification/auto-updating functionalities but... it only works with Curse (which will make some peoples heads explode).

Otherwise, I hope HarvesteR is alright and he's just busy.

I get the feeling it might be one of those Yes:But things, like

The launcher now has CKAN/AVC like management/notification/auto-updating functionalities but... it only works with Curse (which will make some peoples heads explode).

Sadly, this wouldn't surprise me much...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.