Top Gun AI - The Official Tournament Thread

Which entry would you like removed? I said earlier 2 entries per person so do you want the First plane or the second to be removed?

- - - Updated - - -

The other plane will be on a waiting list if no one else joins. I would recommend removing your first plane.

The first one removed will be fine. IT was a bloated warthog anyways. :D

Presenting my submission, formerly Provisional Unit 5​, now known only as the Little Buster.

iuja345.jpg

Download: http://kerbalx.com/Zixor/Little-Buster.craft

Load-out:

AIM-120 x 4 (16 points)

chaff x 3 (6 points)

flares x 5 (15 points)

ammo x 2 (8 points)

Vulcan hidden x 2 (14 points)

= 59 points

She's a pugnacious interceptor who enjoys supersonic flybys on the beach, the smell of Unsymmetrical Dimethylhydrazine, and the monotone hum of a radar-lock.

Hey all first timer using BDA mod and participate this. This looks fun and i hope to capture some good data!

Modified Uboros AuroOne to BDA spec, a little too big but why not:

wlzPJhF.jpg

2x turrets (16 pts)

2x ammo cans (8 pts)

2x flares (6 pts)

3x chaffs (6 pts)

6x AIM-120 missiles (24 pts)

= 60pts

v2 Craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2upj2w3hemgg3e/UB-01X%20AuroOne%20%28F-A%29.craft?dl=0

Edited by TokiTech
Wrong info, updated craft

I tested with 2 Heatwaves vs 2 GoldeHawks, 3 rounds, 2.1 km between Heatwaves and GoldenHawks

1 st round, only one Heatwave survived, GoldenHawks all dead

2nd round, both Heatwaves were dead, one of the GoldenHawks was shot down and another one rammed the Heatwave, it wasn't damaged but the Heatwave disintegrated

3rd round, Same as 1 st round, but the capsule of one GoldenHawk survived.

Also, I always feel like the craft that I focus on will always win, probably just my brain messing with my feelings though.

Note: The first time I tested it, it lagged so bad that I needed to reopen my KSP after a missile hit a GoldeHawk.

Edited by dangerouspeople1

Of course, that would be too simple. Failed upload again. Not even going to record that one until later. But, the CK-260 won. Let's see who is next.

EDIT: Round 3 here. I cut it slightly because it was too long for youtube to use. Nothing was lost, but the Peregrine won at the end because the CK-260 hit the ground. So, the CK-260 Advances.

- - - Updated - - -

So, the overview of this round. I saw an upset this round, most notable in the loss of the FA-27. The clean defeats this round included the Little Buster vs the CK-260a(I typoed, the ck-260 was supposed to fight the peregrine and the Ck-107 the little buster. This is a typo in the tournament only.)

- - - Updated - - -

The MIT-1 did win the middle round when the gladius ran out of fuel. This wasn't documented because it put the video over 15 minutes. I am working on getting videos longer than 15 minutes, which should be done by tomorrow when round 5-8 are recorded.

Edited by Alphasus

My predictions for next round: FA-33 wins against the ck232. Stormwind beats the heatwave, Spatha and cf86 nearly tie, but the Spatha wins by one point. The typhoeus beats the ubioX but it is a close victory. Any other predictions?

I'm looking at ways to space the planes apart as much as possible. This format, with parallel takeoffs, means the merge happens as soon as they bank, greatly advanteous to some designs, disadvantageous to others (e.g. my missile boat never had a chance, being designed to operate at greater initial range, usually with back-to-back launches.)

Check out my discussion thread to see how we can use radar to do this. I'm thinking two launch sites 10-12km apart, with a launch site in the middle (using dummy rockets with weapon managers) to kick things off.

What's the issue with YouTube, do they not allow uploads beyond a certain lenght unless you're a bigger channel?

Edited by colmo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.