are you loyal to your kerbals?

mrclucks

I've had KSP since December and i have pretty much been playing non stop since then, I literally have not played any other game at all. sure i'll get frustrated or sick of it every now and again, but thats when i go watch a movie or tv show i have downloaded.

do any of you feel the same way or do you cheat on Jeb and Val with other games?

I play other games,

Team fortress 2, minecraft, left 4 dead, rollercoaster tycoon 3 (I know!), OpenTTD, Also on my desktop is spacechem, papers, please, uplink, survivalist, elder scrolls oblivion, dig-n-rig, Path of exile, Im sure im forgetting another very important game...

I play Age of Empires every once in a while, some Elite: Dangerous, though specifically I've been into a lot of games with a weird storyline to them. I finished up Catherine and absolutely loved it for its particularly weird genre mixing and finishing up Life is Strange, which is beautiful.

Last night was my first revisit to KSP in a while. After failing twice to recover Jeb from his crashed Munar lander, I moved house and got out of orbit with KSP. Started playing a few classics in the interim: SimCity 4, Cosmonautica, and then got completed addicted to Mount and Blade: Warband. After defeating Calradia, and the excitement with New Horizons in real life, my head is back in the stars. Started a new career campaign last night with lots of new energy and focus on what I want to accomplish!

I don't play KSP much now - but i return every couple of days when i get an idea for a cool mission. Or just want to decompress in a soothing silence of space :) In the meantime i play some X-Com, Crusader Kings II, Distant Worlds and Marvel Heroes.

I play KSP 2 or 3 times a week - usually for 1 to 3 hours... Then I also started modding - which takes the same amount of times.

Every 1 or 2 weeks I play Starcraft-2 with some friends.

Luckily I only have to work 4 days a week :).

I was playing Cities: Skylines (and LOVING it) before getting sucked into KSP. At some point I'll start playing it again, it's the city sim I've been dying to play for years, and I've been playing them since the original.

Also Terraria got a big update a while back so that's waiting for me.

But in a lot of ways KSP is the perfect game for me. I'm sure you can guess I like sandbox games, and this is kind of the ultimate sandbox. Build complex machines to tackle the most complex of tasks, and the very term "kerbal" has become synonymous with thinking outside the box in sometimes janky or hilarious ways.

I can't remember when I actually bought KSP, but since then I have racked up about 150 hours of gameplay. The only game I can remember playing since buying KSP is the Witcher III, in which I played 6 hours total and came crawling back to Jeb. I do get tired of it sometimes, and going to the Mun and Min and then Duna gets a little tedious, but after a while I hear a beautiful Scottish voice in the back of my head telling me to come back and keep going.

By the way, if anyone is up for a fling, current Humble Weekly Bundle has "pay what you want" for a bunch of space-themed games. "Interplanetary" aka Scorched Tanks meet KSP's planetary system, StarMade aka Minecraft in Space, Edge of Space (space themed Terraria), and for $10+ Reassembly (Spore with VAB?).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.