[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

Only question is......

Any chance of a dual-mound turret for the 127mm dual-purpose gun?

There may be one, or may not be, that's all I can tell now.

We're now adjusting our plans about new parts, and it's about time to do some hull work. Future plans are likely to change in several weeks.

There may be one, or may not be, that's all I can tell now.

We're now adjusting our plans about new parts, and it's about time to do some hull work. Future plans are likely to change in several weeks.

When you say 'hull work'......does that mean what I hope it does?

3LZOQhL.png

Release log:

A release to celebrate over 4600 downloads! The Yamato main turret is available now!

NAS is now relying on C.A.L made by LORDPrometheus to run properly, about which you can check the details here.

v3kYCdl.jpg

Changelog 0.2.1 (IMPORTANT):

Redistribured C.A.L by LORDPrometheus. Now NAS relies on its resources to work.

Added changelog text into NAS archive.

New sound effects for naval guns.

Rescaled 38 cm SK C/34 to a reasonable size.

Tweaked parameters of all middle and large caliber guns.

Added short name of 20 mm Oerlikon AA Gun.

Added 1 new part:

- Imperial Japanese Navy: 40 cm (46 cm)/45 Type 94 Naval Gun Triple Mount

Removed the original 40mm ammo box.

Edited by Acea

Log:

It'll be the National Day of China on Oct 1, and we have a week's holiday after that.

Our team members are preparing to work on hull parts during that time. That'd be a Maritime Pack addon if no plan changes, and we'll carefully balance it.

Log:

It'll be the National Day of China on Oct 1, and we have a week's holiday after that.

Our team members are preparing to work on hull parts during that time. That'd be a Maritime Pack addon if no plan changes, and we'll carefully balance it.

can you make them resecaled 2x and 4x from the start to eliminate tweakscale bugs and... do i get my VLS?

It may just be me, but the new size for the 38 cm SK C/34 seems a bit too big. Putting it next to the Yamato turret in the SPH, the turrets are around the same size (no idea if this is accurate) but the guns on it definitely seem to be bigger visually then the ones on the Yamato turret, which definitely is not right.

It may just be me, but the new size for the 38 cm SK C/34 seems a bit too big. Putting it next to the Yamato turret in the SPH, the turrets are around the same size (no idea if this is accurate) but the guns on it definitely seem to be bigger visually then the ones on the Yamato turret, which definitely is not right.

We've checked the model and found that one of our modelers made a mistake about the barrel length and distance, which led me to misjudge the size.

We'll do the model from the beginning again, thx for your advice.

Log:

Concept of the hull expansion is almost complete. Modelers will start making the first part in a day or two, and I'm looking forward to their works.

I am not so skilled in modelling and this addon would mainly rely on them.

Edit:

5000 DLs!

Edited by Acea

Log:

Concept of the hull expansion is almost complete. Modelers will start making the first part in a day or two, and I'm looking forward to their works.

I am not so skilled in modelling and this addon would mainly rely on them.

Edit:

5000 DLs!

Im exceited to see what you come up with

Honestly, Wargaming.net should hire you guys......I mean, your models and textures are all higher quality than what you find in World of Warships, and those people get PAYED to make them!

Onling game modelers focus more on optimization, I mean, they'd consider how they should arrange all polygons, and unwrap UV most efficiently when modeling and texturing, which help ensuring the game performance.

The point is that players would see necessary details and wouldn't feel an obvious delay. It's now still something we need to learn, and in fact some of our modelers refer to World of Warships when they need ratios between part sizes, which is always quite useful after all those criticisms we've made.

Edited by Acea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.