[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

7 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

@Pak Ever thought of adding in contracts for lunching shuttles and building orbital stuff with shuttles, and then recover them on the runway? Like what TST does, and brings contracts to go along with its mod.   

Not even a little bit, but that's a really good idea

Just make sure to NOT make Contract Configurator a dependency, as it's been causing game-crashes for a lot of us in career-mode of late, so if you must make Contract Config a dependency, then it would be wise to wait for those bugs in that mod to be fixed.

Also be aware, in the past adding a mod with agencies and contracts and then removing that mod caused corrupt saves. Or more precisely placed asset refreshes in the save file that could no longer be loaded because the files were removed with the mod.  Just fyi.

On 16-6-2016 at 1:52 AM, Pak said:

Both are included in the mod, unless you mean the working files. Those are photoshop. You send me a message if you were looking for those

Actually, here you go*

zHTG1CH.png

*Not an invitation for me to make 193 more flags

I meant the working files, but this is good too. THANKS!

3 hours ago, _Krieger_ said:

Where am I supposed to place the fuel cells?

Anywhere you want :wink: iirc, the Shuttle had three under the middle section of the payload bay, if you're going for realism

31 minutes ago, tg626 said:

Do you put jets on your buran?

I totally forgot about them! I guess the way I see it, the only Buran to launch into space did not have jet engines, and that is the only 'real' (operational) one, so I'm basing it off that.

20 hours ago, Pak said:

Bigger pallet (the white U shaped one)

Funny you should mention this, because I decided I wanted to have a shot at 3D modelling again, with an actual direction this time, and decided to start with a simple shape like this (I think it's the spacelab pallet). I think it's alright for my first serious try at 3D modelling. It's not done, of course, as I want to try and texture it and get it in game (once I'm done with the model), but yeah. I'll cross those bridges when I get to them. I'll be interested to see how you go about it :) 

61qetFG.png

1 hour ago, MrMeeb said:

Anywhere you want :wink: iirc, the Shuttle had three under the middle section of the payload bay, if you're going for realism

I am making a replica, that's why I asked, even though I should have googled it instead of lazily asking it here, Thanks!

Edited by _Krieger_

3 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

I totally forgot about them! I guess the way I see it, the only Buran to launch into space did not have jet engines, and that is the only 'real' (operational) one, so I'm basing it off that.

Funny you should mention this, because I decided I wanted to have a shot at 3D modelling again, with an actual direction this time, and decided to start with a simple shape like this (I think it's the spacelab pallet). I think it's alright for my first serious try at 3D modelling. It's not done, of course, as I want to try and texture it and get it in game (once I'm done with the model), but yeah. I'll cross those bridges when I get to them. I'll be interested to see how you go about it :) 

Looks great MrMeeb. Mine will be heading in a bit of a different direction as the real world application of it doesn't have much use in Kerbal. I'm still working out all the different roles for the pallets to fill.

2 hours ago, EleSigma said:

Will there eventually be parts made so we can build lifting body mini-shuttles like the Dream Chaser or Kliper? Something that could work as a light crew and resupply transport rather than a probe/satellite cargo hauler. :D

Not in this pack at least. The stock Mk2 parts do a pretty good job of that besides the adorable cockpit though.

Here's an untextured look at the ELC kind of pallet. Rides up on a radial decoupler and has a built in Docking port jr. spot (where the MMU is) and an empty node on the back so you can move your tools and little bits over to whatever you're working on.

cudZojL.png

screenshot4.png

A Buran made of Cormorant Aeronology and AB Launchers? Actually the best and most easy-to-fly shuttle I've ever built. Still WIP but completely functional!

EDIT: returning to the VAB (wanted to make a jet-equipped version) and found one of the wings with the black tiles inverted (up)

Edited by trooperMNG

On 6/15/2016 at 7:54 PM, drtedastro said:

A long time ago i remembered something like this.  I have found the other mod that had something like this.

Hey it worked out. I figured there'd be some confusion with the current wings so I'm glad there's another option within my limited capabilities. It lets me put a flag on just the left wing too.

e4G6CkU.png

1.1.22 Update posted to Spacedock.

• Fixed missing lift on Shuttle B
  • Added E-2 Pallet. A simple detachable pallet for mounting tools and other small bits to help with orbital construction. The rectangular target counts as a Docking Port Jr. for an MMU or other tug
  • Added Thermal Blanket texture option to Mk3 Cargo bays
  • Changed wing textures to MeshSwitcher. There is now a "Flip Tiles" option in the VAB/SPH.
  • Includes Real Plume configs by VenomousRequiem

Here's the new stuff;

AmW2ZRh.png?1

And the wings have changed. Flip your tiles!

ehz8jpR.png

Great job, guys! I only have two issues:

a) It would be nice to include a cargo bay with radiators, like the real one;

b) Don't really know how to make the Buran, do I have to slap the 0-90 engines at the OMS fuel tank? Then how to make the launch stack? Are there good mods for the Energia?

Edited by awfulhumanbeing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.