What kind of music do you listen to?

MacGamer04

Can't figure out how the polls work, so just reply. The title says it all, what kind of music do you listen to? I often listen to dubstep and rap music, and just some songs I like a Trap Queen, Cheerleader, and Rap God, just to name a few. What is your favourite genre of song, and what are your favourite songs out there?

A bit of a lot. Soul as in Sam Cooke, blues as in Robert Johnson and Mississippi John Hurt, rock'n'roll as in AC/DC and Motorhead, punk as in NoMeansNo, Dropkick Murphys and .... SParrer, string swing as in Django Reinhardt and Jimmy Rosenberg, garage as in King Khan & BBQ Show, Sonics and Cramps, classical as in Grieg, jazz as in Nina Simone, goofy stuff as in Tom Lehrer, weird stuff as in Frank Zappa and the Monks, pop as in Ronettes and Crystals and Tom Waits here and there.

Pre-"Post-Industrial" goth, industrial, and EBM (basically before Flesh Field, I guess? '90's were the best.) Been really into stoner/doom/blues metal/rock lately. I still have a soft spot for the early Slayer albums of my youth. I take side trips into all kinds of other music, though, my digital collection is fairly extensive and eclectic (not bragging, some friends have much more music than I).

Hehehe...

Ambient, CC, rock, pop, funk, jazz, classical, electro, folk, Alternative... the list goes on... Almost everything without lyrics though as that works better in most cases as background noise. Oh and don't forget MonsterCat. I listen to them a lot when doing work/streaming.

My top artist would be Jahzzar.

Symphonic Metal, also a little bit Medieval/Pagan Folk, Gothic and Darkwave ... but also normal Pop.

Examples for my favorite Songs would be:

Within Temptation - Forgiven

Nightwish (feat. Tarja) - Sleeping Sun

L´Âme Immortelle - Lake of Tears

Epica - White Waters

Faun - Egil Saga

Edited by Godot

Drum and bass stuff mostly, recently a lot of jungle stuff like Congo Natty, Ed Solo etc.
Awesome! I'm more into Neurofunk myself :) I really love Noisia, Phace & Misanthrop, Black Sun Empire... You name it!

I listen to basically any genre of electronic music, plus anything that sounds interesting. My main preferences at the moment are ambient, downtempo, techno and drum 'n' bass, but those change all the time. Hardstyle, trance, electro, hardcore, IDM, glitch hop: it's all cool to me :)

I like doo-wop. It's fun music. Just listen to it once, please.

Damn straight son! I'm not in a group or anything (I will freeze and start to cry if you even suggest the idea of performing to me) but I love to sing it in the bathroom. Really gentle on the throat, and I've been imitating Sinatra ever since I was 2 or 3, so I'm pretty well tooled for it. It's also got a lot of similar harmony across the genre so you can kinda harmonize with the group as you go when it's playing.

As for me:

Military marches

Classic rock

Psychedelic+prog rock

Showtunes

Lounge singing

Jazz+Swing

Country+Bluegrass

Bagpipes

Doo-Wop

Kraftwerk

Awesome! I'm more into Neurofunk myself :) I really love Noisia, Phace & Misanthrop, Black Sun Empire... You name it!

I listen to basically any genre of electronic music, plus anything that sounds interesting. My main preferences at the moment are ambient, downtempo, techno and drum 'n' bass, but those change all the time. Hardstyle, trance, electro, hardcore, IDM, glitch hop: it's all cool to me :)

Cool, it's always good to meet another drum 'n bass head.

I love neurofunk and darkwave too, that's what got me into drum and bass, all those bands and Teebee especially.

like you I like a broad range of electronic music but drum and bass is close to my heart :)

I dislike modern pop music (seriously, had enough from my classmates ranting on and on about the singers). I like Kevin Macleod, Two Steps from Hell, and some occasional movie soundtracks (Interstellar, plus Pacific Rim track is badass).

Basically everything except christian contemporary (droll and repetitive) and modern country (I see no reason to listen to 80's music sang with a twang, nor do I care to listen to folks sing about Bruce Springsteen when I could instead listen to the Boss himself).

And by everything, I mean basically everything: Acid Rock. Alternative. (Whatever that means these days.) Ambient. Blues. Bluegrass. Celtic. Classical. Country & Western. (We play both types of music, Country AND Western.) Death Metal. Dub. Electronica. EDM. Experimental. Folk. Funk. (Jaaaaaaames. Browwwwwwwn.) Grunge. Hip-Hop. Industrial. Irish Folk. Jazz. Metal. Norteño. Pop (excluding some modern pop like 1D, but including J-Pop, Russian Pop, etc). ProgRock. Protest. Punk. (The Clash!) Rap. Reggae. Rock. Rockabilly. R&B. Sinatra. Singer-Songwriter. (Go check out Curnutte & Maher.) Skynyrd. Soul. Techno. Tejano. Trance. Western Swing. "World." (World - The most insanely broad genre of music there is.... For me that means lots of Aussie music and a little bit of German 80s.)

Did I miss anything? Probably.

If you listen to all of it at the same time you'll hear the Universe speaking to you. Just don't listen to all of it at the same time backwards.... Bad things happen. Like, Event Horizon bad things.

Kdhx. Is a community station that plays... Well almost everything. Each dj has their own style and genre. From old school rap on Friday nights to international folk on Sunday afternoons. Eclectic is the word that comes to mind.

Kdhx. Is a community station that plays... Well almost everything. Each dj has their own style and genre. From old school rap on Friday nights to international folk on Sunday afternoons. Eclectic is the word that comes to mind.

I have a station around me that's almost the same. During weekdays they just play classical played by the orchestra in the city that's a couple hours south of where I live, but on the weekends they have a Jazz, Swing, Folk, Bluegrass, Celtic, and Classical programs, and they have some of the BBC world service too. It's a big break from the religious/redneck country (Some of which sounds creepy and like a stalker wrote it)/same classic rock over and over again stations around here. I don't even like classical but sometimes I've listened to that station on the weekdays to get a break from the headache-inducing stuff that gets played around my area.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.