[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

14 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

The Buffalo's ATV Command Seat does not properly attach on its bottom node. I found the fix in the .cfg file. If you change the sixth parameter in node_stack_bottom from 1 to -1, it attaches properly.

Corrected line: node_stack_bottom = 0, 0, -0.1400088, 0, 0, -1, 0

Thanks, I'll have that updated in the next release.

Finally got some info on a long standing issue with the odd pipe behavior you see when the Gaslight and Saddle are hooked up to multiple different connectors. KIS doesn't support having multiple pipe connectors on one part, so what you're seeing isn't so much as bug as it is Pathfinder's issue of having too many connectors. Next release I'll have to refactor the Gaslight and Saddle to support only one connector.

I could use a bit of guidance on this mod. What I'm looking for is the minimum I'd need to launch in order to 'bootstrap' a base. Start small, build the rest in-situ to become self-sufficient and able to expand.  I use USI-LS and assume I have the 'require equipment' setting enabled.

Here's what I'm thinking I'll need:

• One Switchback for the central hub
  • One Ponderosa configured as a Blacksmith - make new parts
  • One Ponderosa configured as a Pathfinder Geology Lab - upgrade equipment to get more efficient (needed?)
  • One Hacienda configured as Iron Works
  • One Gold-digger drill (can this also dig up Ore & MetalOre?)
  • About 3 Casa storage modules to start with - need to store Ore, MetalOre, Metal, RocketParts, MaterialKits & Equipment
  • Enough equipment to inflate everything, enough food to last until I get food production up & running
  • Power production & storage (converted Buckboards for storage, either Geothermal or Solar power until I can get Fusion up & running)

What I seem to be missing is the means to make Equipment in-situ; does that capability exist? And am I forgetting anything?

Edited by Bombaatu

4 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

I could use a bit of guidance on this mod. What I'm looking for is the minimum I'd need to launch in order to 'bootstrap' a base. Start small, build the rest in-situ to become self-sufficient and able to expand.  I use UIS-LS and assume I have the 'require equipment' setting enabled.

Here's what I'm thinking I'll need:

• One Switchback for the central hub
  • One Ponderosa configured as a Blacksmith - make new parts
  • One Ponderosa configured as a Pathfinder Geology Lab - upgrade equipment to get more efficient (needed?)
  • One Hacienda configured as Iron Works
  • One Gold-digger drill (can this also dig up Ore & MetalOre?)
  • About 3 Casa storage modules to start with - need to store Ore, MetalOre, Metal, RocketParts, MaterialKits & Equipment
  • Enough equipment to inflate everything, enough food to last until I get food production up & running
  • Power production & storage (converted Buckboards for storage, either Geothermal or Solar power until I can get Fusion up & running)

What I seem to be missing is the means to make Equipment in-situ; does that capability exist? And am I forgetting anything?

Yup, that's about right. The Ironworks has a converter to make Equipment from Ore, RareMetals, and ExoticMinerals. It's called "Make Equipment"

11 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Yup, that's about right. The Ironworks has a converter to make Equipment from Ore, RareMetals, and ExoticMinerals. It's called "Make Equipment"

Ah - thought I'd remembered that but didn't see it in the wiki so wasn't sure. Speaking of the wiki (I know, I'm soooo demanding :wink: ) - when you have a chance, could you put the recipes needed to print parts on their respective pages? That would go a long way towards assisting players trying to plan a bootstrap base. 

31 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Ah - thought I'd remembered that but didn't see it in the wiki so wasn't sure. Speaking of the wiki (I know, I'm soooo demanding :wink: ) - when you have a chance, could you put the recipes needed to print parts on their respective pages? That would go a long way towards assisting players trying to plan a bootstrap base. 

I'm kinda busy right now but if you like you could edit the wiki and add the information. :)

17 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

Would love to. Are the recipes somewhere in the config files?

Yup, check out the Templates directory, it has all the information. The wiki is a bit out of date but here is an example of one of the template pages. Each page describes the resource cost to configure the template and any converters it has.

If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks for the help. :)

https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Claim-Jumper

Edited by Angel-125

Well, I couldn't find the recipes in the config files so I went the expedient route of setting up a workshop on the launch pad and looking at all the parts :wink:

I have the recipes but cannot edit the pages. If you'll grant me access to the wiki, I'll be more than happy to put these in. 'Bombaatu' is my username on github as well.

Until then, if anyone is interested, here are the recipes:

Spoiler

Capstone Crew Tube Cap: 100 MaterialKits
Casa IHM : 125 MaterialKits, 50 ExoticMinerals
Chuckwagon IMW: 125 MaterialKits, 50 ExoticMinerals
Doc Science Lab: 125 MaterialKits, 50 ExoticMinerals
Gaslight: 100 MaterialKits
Gold Digger Core Sample Drill: 50 MaterialKits
Hacienda IMF: 125 MaterialKits, 50 ExoticMinerals
Homestead IM: (Not printable by either Blacksmith or Clockworks)
MC-1000 Buckboard: 100 MaterialKits
MC-2000 Buckboard: 200 MaterialKits
MC-3000 Buckboard: 300 MaterialKits
Mineshaft Portable Crew Tube: 100 MaterialKits
Mule MLM: 1,000 MaterialKits
Old Faithful: 250 MaterialKits
Outback ESP: 25 MaterialKits
Patio Concrete Slab: 250 MaterialKits
Poncho Solar Panel: 100 MaterialKits
Ponderosa IHM: 175 MaterialKits, 70 ExoticMinerals
Saddle Muncrete Slab: 100 MaterialKits
Spyglass Survey Module: 100 MaterialKits
Stockyard 250: 2,100 MaterialKits
Stockyard 375: (Not printable by either Blacksmith or Clockworks)
Switchback 2 Base Hub: 150 MaterialKits
Switchback Base Hub: 150 MaterialKits
TERRAIN Geo Scanner: 3,000 MaterialKits
Tunnel Extender: 150 MaterialKits

As near as I can see, RareMetals is only needed to 3D-print engines, if that helps anyone in their base-locating strategy.

Edited by Bombaatu

On 8/28/2016 at 10:28 PM, westamastaflash said:

Is the Doc Science Lab not allowed to be stored in KIS inventory? I can store the casa and the chuckwagon but not the doc.

EDIT: If I had read the prior page I'd have discovered that this is a known stock bug.

Drag it into the VAB first, then drag into KIS inventory. 

How do I move my Kerbals from one module to another? My base only has one entrance, which is the Ponderosa. Or alternatively, is there a way I can add additional entrances so I can just board my Kerbal directly into the module I want?

Edited by subyng

13 minutes ago, subyng said:

Drag it into the VAB first, then drag into KIS inventory. 

How do I move my Kerbals from one module to another? My base only has one entrance, which is the Ponderosa. Or alternatively, is there a way I can add additional entrances so I can just board my Kerbal directly into the module I want?

You should be able to right-click the part and transfer crew. i do it all the time.

On August 26, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Bombaatu said:

Well, I couldn't find the recipes in the config files so I went the expedient route of setting up a workshop on the launch pad and looking at all the parts :wink:

I have the recipes but cannot edit the pages. If you'll grant me access to the wiki, I'll be more than happy to put these in. 'Bombaatu' is my username on github as well.

Until then, if anyone is interested, here are the recipes:

Reveal hidden contents

Casa IHM : 125 MaterialKits, 50 ExoticMinerals
Chuckwagon IMW: 125 MaterialKits, 50 ExoticMinerals
Doc Science Lab: 125 MaterialKits, 50 ExoticMinerals
Gaslight: 100 MaterialKits
Hacienda IMF: 125 MaterialKits, 50 ExoticMinerals
Homestead IM: (Not printable by either Blacksmith or Clockworks)
MC-1000 Buckboard: 100 MaterialKits
MC-2000 Buckboard: 200 MaterialKits
MC-3000 Buckboard: 300 MaterialKits
Mineshaft Portable Crew Tube: 100 MaterialKits
Mule MLM: 1,000 MaterialKits
Outback ESP: 25 MaterialKits
Patio Concrete Slab: 250 MaterialKits
Poncho Solar Panel: 100 MaterialKits
Ponderosa IHM: 175 MaterialKits, 70 ExoticMinerals
Saddle Muncrete Slab: 100 MaterialKits
Spyglass Survey Module: 100 MaterialKits
Stockyard 250: 2,100 MaterialKits
Stockyard 375: (Not printable by either Blacksmith or Clockworks)
Switchback Base Hub: 150 MaterialKits
TERRAIN Geo Scanner: 3,000 MaterialKits
Tunnel Extender: 150 MaterialKits

As nears as I can see, RareMetals is only needed to 3D-print engines, if that helps anyone in their base-locating strategy.

Gave you access (I think, haven't done that before)

I've added the recipes that I can. The following did not have pages:

Spoiler

And these were not printable by either the Clockworks or Blacksmith shops (they have been marked as such): Homestead IM, Stockyard 375 - I don't know if the standard OSE Workshop printer part can print them.

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

I've added the recipes that I can. The following did not have pages:

Hide contents

And these were not printable by either the Clockworks or Blacksmith shops (they have been marked as such): Homestead IM, Stockyard 375 - I don't know if the standard OSE Workshop printer part can print them.

Awesome, thanks for the updates. :)

Totally off-topic: I'm listening to the latest squadcast, and it sounds like you can use the relay network to do things like figure out a resource transfer path between planets! I may have to dust off an old idea I had: KOTS!

Oh how little I knew about the game back then, heh. :)

12 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Totally off-topic: I'm listening to the latest squadcast, and it sounds like you can use the relay network to do things like figure out a resource transfer path between planets! I may have to dust off an old idea I had: KOTS!

Hmmm... So with M.O.L.E. making it to 1.0.0 out of beta, does that mean you'll have more time to start a NEW project? :)

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Hmmm... So with M.O.L.E. making it to 1.0.0 out of beta, does that mean you'll have more time to start a NEW project? :)

I have a backlog to work on for Pathfinder and DSEV, but yes, I'll have time to start a new project after that. It's already in the planning stages.

Get 1.0.0 here!

Pathfinder 1.0.0

This release introduces a couple of new parts and refactors some old ones. It also delivers the Chuckwagon IVA. And... 1.0 at last!

New Parts
- Added standard width 1u and 2u Solar Flatbeds. If you have parts attached to them then they won't generate ElectricCharge. Thanks for the suggestion, DStaal and Bombaatu! :)

Gaslight, Saddle, Patio & Switchback2
- Adjusted the colliders to help alleviate explosive parts when attaching them to the ground.
- Due to the way that KAS works, the Saddle and Gaslight now only have one pipe connection. The older versions have been deprecated, so your existing bases will be ok.

Chuckwagon
- The Chuckwagon finally has its IVA! :)

Inflatable Modules
- When inflating or reconfiguring modules, you can now pull Equipment from vessels participating in resource distribution. This happens automatically as long as vessels are sharing their Equipment.
- Due to the way that contracts work, inflatable modules will have a crew capacity listed once again. Please don't flat-pack kerbals. I'm looking at ways to auto-kick kerbals out of deflated modules while in the editor.
NOTE: You might have to return to the space center and then go back to your new base in order for contracts to recognize the inflated crew capacity.

USI-LS
- All inflatable modules will now have the capacity to store Supplies.
- Increased the recycling capability of the Ponderosa template to 90%

Doc Science Lab
- The Doc Science Lab template now participates in the WBI Experiment System. You can load up to four experiments into the lab and conduct research, either from a suitable experiment container (Mark One Laboratory Extensions has several) or by generating new experiments from their list of required resources. Coming soon in KSP 1.2: you'll also need a connection back to KSC to receive instructions. Experimental results can be transferred into the mobile processing section, and the experiment lab generates bonus science.

Watney
- Adjusted the Water production for the Rainmaker converters.
- Added a fuel cell converter to produce ElectricCharge from LiquidFuel and Oxidizer.