[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

You'd need to use a KAS pipe to hook up a link between the hab module and the supply tank. Alternately, connect your inflatable modules to the Conestoga and use its Equipment stores to inflate your modules.

I connected two equipment buckboards to the ponderosa via their saddles but the ponderosa won't inflate, telling me I don't have enough equipment. 

edit: worked after I tried it again, weird...

Edited by subyng

Hmm, yeah, I'll put it down to "local" weirdness.  My Ponderosa inflated no trouble, other things are recognised, I even attached a battery-configured Buckboard to it, and still only 200 charge recognised.  So...yup hahaha.  I'll perhaps try delete and re-install of the Pathfinder and/or KIS stuff.  I've been using CKAN more-or-less exclusively for a while now, for convenience, so that could be part of it also (I think you mention not using that in your first post :wink: ).

EDIT: Maybe I should clarify?  What I mean by "not recognised" is in the Resources tab of the Management screen.  Stayed at /200 no matter what batteries are attached or not.  Have I incorrectly assumed that would change based on if more batteries are attached?

Cheers.  Nice work again.  It's really cool, gives us something more to do when we get to places :)

Edited by Doslidnyk

7 hours ago, Doslidnyk said:

Hmm, yeah, I'll put it down to "local" weirdness.  My Ponderosa inflated no trouble, other things are recognised, I even attached a battery-configured Buckboard to it, and still only 200 charge recognised.  So...yup hahaha.  I'll perhaps try delete and re-install of the Pathfinder and/or KIS stuff.  I've been using CKAN more-or-less exclusively for a while now, for convenience, so that could be part of it also (I think you mention not using that in your first post :wink: ).

EDIT: Maybe I should clarify?  What I mean by "not recognised" is in the Resources tab of the Management screen.  Stayed at /200 no matter what batteries are attached or not.  Have I incorrectly assumed that would change based on if more batteries are attached?

Cheers.  Nice work again.  It's really cool, gives us something more to do when we get to places :)

If you're referring to the Operations Manager, and you have no solar arrays attached, then you are correct. Just like any other part, your resource levels won't change unless you do something to add to them or remove from them. The Ops Manager shows the resources in the part itself.

6 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

There is a problem with the Equipment decal. When reconfiguring a storage module (say, a Buckboard) to Equipment, the decal is overlayed with whatever resource the module previously held. Having problems getting image to show in post, so here's a link.

Decal Issue

Already fixed. :)

Well, okay then, found another issue :wink:

NRE when trying to drag the Doc Science part from the part list into KIS storage in the VAB. Log excerpt below:

Spoiler

[WRN 13:15:51.977] WORKAROUND. Found null field controlSrcStatusText in module prefab ModuleCommand, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.979] WORKAROUND. Found null field shortName in module prefab WBIMultipurposeLab, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.981] WORKAROUND. Found null field slotAssignments in module prefab ModuleCrewAssignment, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.983] WORKAROUND. Found null field vesselId in module prefab ModuleLifeSupport, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.984] WORKAROUND. Found null field targetReferenceBody in module prefab TrajectoriesVesselSettings, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.986] WORKAROUND. Module ClawKSP.PilotRSASFix on part prefab WBI.DocSciLab (Part) is not awaken. Call Awake on it
[EXC 13:15:52.004] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleScienceLab.OnSave (.ConfigNode node)
    PartModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
    ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor (.PartModule module)
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (.Part PartRef, .ProtoVessel protoVessel)
    KIS.KIS_Shared.PartSnapshot (.Part part)
    KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.Part part, Single qty, Int32 slot)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiHandleEmptySlot (Rect textureRect, Int32 slotIndex)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiInventory ()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiMain (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Oddly enough, it works in the SPH. It also works in the VAB if you attach the Doc Science to an existing part, then pick it up & drag it into the KIS storage.

6 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Well, okay then, found another issue :wink:

NRE when trying to drag the Doc Science part from the part list into KIS storage in the VAB. Log excerpt below:

Hide contents

[WRN 13:15:51.977] WORKAROUND. Found null field controlSrcStatusText in module prefab ModuleCommand, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.979] WORKAROUND. Found null field shortName in module prefab WBIMultipurposeLab, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.981] WORKAROUND. Found null field slotAssignments in module prefab ModuleCrewAssignment, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.983] WORKAROUND. Found null field vesselId in module prefab ModuleLifeSupport, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.984] WORKAROUND. Found null field targetReferenceBody in module prefab TrajectoriesVesselSettings, fixing to default value of type System.String: 
[WRN 13:15:51.986] WORKAROUND. Module ClawKSP.PilotRSASFix on part prefab WBI.DocSciLab (Part) is not awaken. Call Awake on it
[EXC 13:15:52.004] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleScienceLab.OnSave (.ConfigNode node)
    PartModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
    ProtoPartModuleSnapshot..ctor (.PartModule module)
    ProtoPartSnapshot..ctor (.Part PartRef, .ProtoVessel protoVessel)
    KIS.KIS_Shared.PartSnapshot (.Part part)
    KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.Part part, Single qty, Int32 slot)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiHandleEmptySlot (Rect textureRect, Int32 slotIndex)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiInventory ()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiMain (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Oddly enough, it works in the SPH. It also works in the VAB if you attach the Doc Science to an existing part, then pick it up & drag it into the KIS storage.

Actually, that is an error in ModuleScienceLab, a stock KSP module. My part modules start with WBI.

Edited by Angel-125

On 8/5/2016 at 0:24 AM, Angel-125 said:

Here is what I see when I hook up two buckboards with saddles to a ponderosa seated on a third saddle:

ZxF4Xix.png

Seems to be working for me. What version of Pathfinder are you using?

Current version. I figured it out, by first dropping the saddle on the ground and then attaching it, rather than attaching it straight from my inventory. I don't know why that works. 

Also, in the VAB, the Doc Science lab isn't able to be put into KIS storage for some reason. The Chuckwagon can, but not the science lab. 

Edited by subyng

11 hours ago, subyng said:

Current version. I figured it out, by first dropping the saddle on the ground and then attaching it, rather than attaching it straight from my inventory. I don't know why that works. 

Also, in the VAB, the Doc Science lab isn't able to be put into KIS storage for some reason. The Chuckwagon can, but not the science lab. 

Known bug in stock. :)

4 minutes ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

I am trying to suck ore out of the ground. Make rocket parts. Build things with Extraplanetary Launchpads. 

But I can't figure out your refining chain from ore to rocketparts.

Help please!

Pathfinder uses the same resource chain as EL does. Simply change your drills to dig up MetalOre, then use the IronWorks (Hacienda template) to smelt the ore into Metal, and produce RocketParts from the Metal. :)

@Angel-125:

Here is some feedback on Pathfinder gleaned from building Munbase BBQ in my NH game.  This is based on 0.9.35 but the things (not so much issues as places for polish) don't seem to have changed.

Thoughts on Resource Distribution:
In general, this seems to be working just fine, as in the resources go where they're supposed to and the Kraken is quiescent even with separate base units on site.  However, once you start getting above a certain number of base units,, it gets harder and harder to run the base as a whole because you can only interact with a single unit at a time.  This means you have to keep jumping from unit to unit (with any non-base things like flags, rovers, EVA Kerbals, and debris in the vicinity being cycled through as well).  It would be really nice if you could make a GUI from which all separate base units within resource-sharing distance could be controlled.  All the manage operations stuff, plus transferring/EVAing Kerbals in all base units, etc.  Kinda like how @DMagic's EVA resource transfer works, only fancier.  But this isn't strictly necessary, it would just make it easier to run large, multi-unit bases.

The one real gripe I have with the system is that ElectricCharge doesn't seem to be distributed.  I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like.  Of course, it's hard to tell because the Hot Springs geothermal plants do not show how much EC/sec they're producing.  Please add that to their right-click menus and/or Manage Operations screens.

Also, would be nice if a single part (like a Hacienda in several of its configurations) could be a consumer for 1 resource and a distributor for another.  For example, the Brew Works needs to be an Ore consumer and a fuel distributor.  Maybe it works that way normally due to Ore being required by it, so setting it as a distributor has no effect on that.  I can't really tell, but sometimes it seems like if it's set as a distributor, it doesn't receive any Ore.

Finally, it seems like if you have a bunch of parts all set to be distributors, and something else is producing what they contain, then none of them accept input and the production disappears.  Again, it could be I'm wrong here, but that's what I see.  However, it's very hard to tell, mostly because you can only look at the contents of a single base unit at a time, and can't see overall base-level rates of change for a given resource.

BTW, I"m glad to see the Buffalo now plays with resource distribution.  I was going to ask for that :)

Anyway, all in all, it's working amazingly well.  Nothing serious is going wrong and things are manageable as they are.  The biggest issue really is not knowing how much EC/sec a Hot Springs is making.  Just showing that would solve a lot of problems, or at least allow more accurate assessment of how well EC distribution is working.

Thanks again for all your stuff.  I'm really enjoying it.

26 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

@Angel-125:

Here is some feedback on Pathfinder gleaned from building Munbase BBQ in my NH game.  This is based on 0.9.35 but the things (not so much issues as places for polish) don't seem to have changed.

Thoughts on Resource Distribution:
In general, this seems to be working just fine, as in the resources go where they're supposed to and the Kraken is quiescent even with separate base units on site.  However, once you start getting above a certain number of base units,, it gets harder and harder to run the base as a whole because you can only interact with a single unit at a time.  This means you have to keep jumping from unit to unit (with any non-base things like flags, rovers, EVA Kerbals, and debris in the vicinity being cycled through as well).  It would be really nice if you could make a GUI from which all separate base units within resource-sharing distance could be controlled.  All the manage operations stuff, plus transferring/EVAing Kerbals in all base units, etc.  Kinda like how @DMagic's EVA resource transfer works, only fancier.  But this isn't strictly necessary, it would just make it easier to run large, multi-unit bases.

The one real gripe I have with the system is that ElectricCharge doesn't seem to be distributed.  I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like.  Of course, it's hard to tell because the Hot Springs geothermal plants do not show how much EC/sec they're producing.  Please add that to their right-click menus and/or Manage Operations screens.

Also, would be nice if a single part (like a Hacienda in several of its configurations) could be a consumer for 1 resource and a distributor for another.  For example, the Brew Works needs to be an Ore consumer and a fuel distributor.  Maybe it works that way normally due to Ore being required by it, so setting it as a distributor has no effect on that.  I can't really tell, but sometimes it seems like if it's set as a distributor, it doesn't receive any Ore.

Finally, it seems like if you have a bunch of parts all set to be distributors, and something else is producing what they contain, then none of them accept input and the production disappears.  Again, it could be I'm wrong here, but that's what I see.  However, it's very hard to tell, mostly because you can only look at the contents of a single base unit at a time, and can't see overall base-level rates of change for a given resource.

BTW, I"m glad to see the Buffalo now plays with resource distribution.  I was going to ask for that :)

Anyway, all in all, it's working amazingly well.  Nothing serious is going wrong and things are manageable as they are.  The biggest issue really is not knowing how much EC/sec a Hot Springs is making.  Just showing that would solve a lot of problems, or at least allow more accurate assessment of how well EC distribution is working.

Thanks again for all your stuff.  I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps. :) I'll have to think about how to configure individual resources for distribution/consumption. That may take some redesign.

I thought EC was being distributed. last time I checked it was.

You can manage the entire base in the field by clicking on the Pathfinder icon and pressing the Manage Operations button.

I'll look into how to show how much EC the HotSprings (and for that matter the fusion plant) is generating. That's not something that is done in stock, so it make take some thought to figure out. :)

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

You can manage the entire base in the field by clicking on the Pathfinder icon and pressing the Manage Operations button.

Hmm, I'll have to look at that again.  I must not have understood what it was saying.

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I'll look into how to show how much EC the HotSprings (and for that matter the fusion plant) is generating. That's not something that is done in stock, so it make take some thought to figure out. :)

Actually, it does happen in stock, with solar panels.  These produce a variable amount of EC/sec depending on angle to and distance from the sun, and their right-click menu shows how much, dynamically, at any given instant.

Some minor changes coming in the next Pathfinder mini-update.

First up is resource distribution. As long as the resource isn't required by a converter and isn't on the blacklist, you can share, consume, or opt-out individual resources. If you choose not to participate, then none of the individual settings will matter. Thanks for the suggestion, @Geschosskopf! :)

5vwC3H4.png

Next up, all generators now list the amount of power they're currently generating.

f9BcyYj.png

Finally, I've verified that ElectricCharge is indeed being distributed:

aS1kUI4.png

Here's Pathfinder 0.9.38!

- All generators (Buckboards, HotSprings, SolarFlare) now list how much EC they are generating.
- If a part is participating in resource distribution, and the resource isn't required by a converter or on the blacklist, then you can now individually set a resource to be shared, consumed, or ignored.
- Added support for USI-LS to Buffalo parts.
- Fixed some issues with JetWing

Hello, I think this will be a beautiful mod, I said "will be"  because I love test all the parts before the actual mission eh eh. Right now i'm stuck in testing mod for my ship (since 4 day by now eh eh, i take my time)  because i have to report a bug, and i see it's an old one. The lab is for me inaccessible, the crew tube of the lab isn't solid, my kerbal can walk through it, the "board" doesn't appear and if i attach the lab to a command module such as lander can mk2 and inflate i can, after clicking on the module hatch, transfer a kerbal to the lab, but when i click on Eva a message appear saying there is no hatch and i don't know how transfer the poor kerbal back. Mmmm disappointing :)

I've just installed the newer version. 

I tested the same condition for the chuckwagon but it's ok, except for the Iva, it seems to be the cupola module model, but i think it's normal. 

Greetings from italy and keep going with this mod please, you've just gain a fan from here! 

4 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Does Pathfinder/Buffalo support Kerbalism? I saw that MOLE did but wasn't sure about the others.

It does, though it might be out of date.

2 hours ago, Denko666 said:

I hate it when the base decides to bounce off...

https://flic.kr/s/aHskFaiTaS

Happens to me too. It's one reason Pathfinder has a resource distribution system; you can make smaller bases that are less likely to get hit with the kraken that way.

• 2 weeks later...

The Buffalo's ATV Command Seat does not properly attach on its bottom node. I found the fix in the .cfg file. If you change the sixth parameter in node_stack_bottom from 1 to -1, it attaches properly.

Corrected line: node_stack_bottom = 0, 0, -0.1400088, 0, 0, -1, 0