[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Angelo Kerman

How do you get EnrichedUranium out of a Nukeworks? I'm using Near Future reactors. The normal resource transfer method and Ship Manifest aren't working.

Edit: I ended up using these two MM patches. One to allow for Uraninite in WBI template containers (reuses the Fusion Pellets logo) and one to enable NFE Transfer Fuel functionality on the Nukeworks,

STORAGE_TEMPLATE
{
	name = Uraninite
	author = Angel-125
	shortName = Uraninite
	logoPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/CommonTemplates/Decals/FusionPellets
	glowPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/CommonTemplates/Decals/FusionPelletsGlow
	description = This kit stores uraninite.

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Uraninite
		amount = 5400
		maxAmount = 5400
	}

}

@PATH_INDUSTRY[Nukeworks]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = RadioactiveStorageContainer
		DangerousFuel = DepletedFuel
		SafeFuel = EnrichedUranium
		// What enginer level is needed to transfer the safe fuel
		EngineerLevelForSafe = 1
		// What enginer level is needed to transfer the dangerous fuel
		EngineerLevelForDangerous = 3
		// Max temp for transferring fuel into or out of the part
		MaxTempForTransfer = 400
		// kW of heat per unit of waste
		HeatFluxPerWasteUnit = 5
	}
}

Edited by lukeduff

18 hours ago, lukeduff said:

How do you get EnrichedUranium out of a Nukeworks? I'm using Near Future reactors. The normal resource transfer method and Ship Manifest aren't working.

Edit: I ended up using these two MM patches. One to allow for Uraninite in WBI template containers (reuses the Fusion Pellets logo) and one to enable NFE Transfer Fuel functionality on the Nukeworks,

STORAGE_TEMPLATE
{
	name = Uraninite
	author = Angel-125
	shortName = Uraninite
	logoPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/CommonTemplates/Decals/FusionPellets
	glowPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/CommonTemplates/Decals/FusionPelletsGlow
	description = This kit stores uraninite.

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Uraninite
		amount = 5400
		maxAmount = 5400
	}

}

@PATH_INDUSTRY[Nukeworks]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = RadioactiveStorageContainer
		DangerousFuel = DepletedFuel
		SafeFuel = EnrichedUranium
		// What enginer level is needed to transfer the safe fuel
		EngineerLevelForSafe = 1
		// What enginer level is needed to transfer the dangerous fuel
		EngineerLevelForDangerous = 3
		// Max temp for transferring fuel into or out of the part
		MaxTempForTransfer = 400
		// kW of heat per unit of waste
		HeatFluxPerWasteUnit = 5
	}
}

Great! :) I can incorporate these into the next release if you like.

I really haven't had a chance to play with this mod yet (been having too much fun with MOLE! :D) but was wondering: If you have "require resources to reconfigure" check, then you have to have Equipment to inflate these modules. Is any Equipment reclaimed when you deflate them? If the Equipment represents furniture, storage and other things you'd need, I would think they could be broken back down. There would be a loss involved - maybe you'd only get back 50 to 75%. Is this currently in the mod, or has it been considered?

5 hours ago, vardicd said:

Finally got around to starting to play with this mod today, and loving ti so far, made some beginner bungles, but got a basic hab and geo lab up now.:

Looks great! Thanks for posting the pics of your base. It's nice to see what others have done. :)

43 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

I really haven't had a chance to play with this mod yet (been having too much fun with MOLE! :D) but was wondering: If you have "require resources to reconfigure" check, then you have to have Equipment to inflate these modules. Is any Equipment reclaimed when you deflate them? If the Equipment represents furniture, storage and other things you'd need, I would think they could be broken back down. There would be a loss involved - maybe you'd only get back 50 to 75%. Is this currently in the mod, or has it been considered?

I vaguely recall for some reason turning off the reclaiming of equipment feature. I don't recall why. I think it had to do with some refactoring that I was doing at the time. I'll take a look and see if it can be reinstated.

19 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Great! :) I can incorporate these into the next release if you like.

Makes sense to have a template for Uraninite. It's CRP and you have the Nukeworks. I guess the only way to use the Nukeworks without a container is if there happens to be Uraninite in the ground below your base. Mine was 50km away, so I had a fun Buffalo rover mission to mine some and bring it back, so I needed to make a container. USI probably has a container for it, but I'm just using USI-LS in my current game. 

The template needs a new decal though (I just reused Fusion Pellets decal for my game).

The second patch should require Near Future Electrical. 

@Angel-125 - I just had a idea you might be interested in:  a Ponderosa or Casa configuration called "Veranda" that could function as a Cupola with regards to habitation multiplier, as well as fulfill the Bases contracts "have a cupola" requirement. The model might have transparent or reflective panels whereas the Ponderosa Habitat configuration has opaque panels. 

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Looks great! Thanks for posting the pics of your base. It's nice to see what others have done. :)

I will say I greatly underestimated the amount of equipment needed to inflate one of those modules, glad I was testing this out on kerbin, not the Mun or Duna. :wink: 

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

@Angel-125 - I just had a idea you might be interested in:  a Ponderosa or Casa configuration called "Veranda" that could function as a Cupola with regards to habitation multiplier, as well as fulfill the Bases contracts "have a cupola" requirement. The model might have transparent or reflective panels whereas the Ponderosa Habitat configuration has opaque panels. 

Thoughts?

Or you could just make the "Spyglass" a cupola.  It already looks like one and has room for one Kerbal..

2 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Thoughts?

Is this for USI-LS? If so, I though I already had a habitation multiplier set up for the Ponderosa template.

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

I will say I greatly underestimated the amount of equipment needed to inflate one of those modules, glad I was testing this out on kerbin, not the Mun or Duna. :wink: 

Yeah, the amount of Equipment required is steep initially, but a skilled Engineer/Scientist can reduce that amount. Plus, later on you can make your own Equipment. :)

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Is this for USI-LS? If so, I though I already had a habitation multiplier set up for the Ponderosa template

The habitat multiplier is for USI-LS, yes - I didn't realize the Ponderosa already did that. Although the idea of a Pathfinder module that would satisfy the cupola module requirement of a base contract would still be very useful, IMO.

20 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

The habitat multiplier is for USI-LS, yes - I didn't realize the Ponderosa already did that. Although the idea of a Pathfinder module that would satisfy the cupola module requirement of a base contract would still be very useful, IMO.

I think @DiceCaller is on the right track with using the SpyGlass as a cupola. Now I just need some info on how to modify contracts so that it will count.

12 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I think @DiceCaller is on the right track with using the SpyGlass as a cupola. Now I just need some info on how to modify contracts so that it will count.

Station Parts Expansion does this:

// Cupolas count as cupolas for contracts
@Contracts
{
	@Base
	{
		@PART_REQUEST:HAS[#Part[cupola]]
		{
			@Title = Have a cupola/observation/aperture module at the outpost
			Part = crewpod-observation-25
			Part = crewpod-cupola-375
			Part = crewtube-cupola-125
		}
        }
	@Station
	{
		{
			@Title = Have a cupola/observation/aperture module at the station
		}
        }
}

1 hour ago, lukeduff said:

Station Parts Expansion does this:

// Cupolas count as cupolas for contracts
@Contracts
{
	@Base
	{
		{
			@Title = Have a cupola/observation/aperture module at the outpost
		}
        }
	@Station
	{
		{
			@Title = Have a cupola/observation/aperture module at the station
		}
        }
}

Very cool, thanks for the example. :)

0.9.36 is here!

New Part
- Added 2U Slim Chassis.

Flex Fuel Power Pack
- The Flex Fuel Power Pack now uses the standard configurable storage window to select flex fuel types. You still need to go EVA to change it, and it requires an Engineer (unless you turn off the skill requirement).
- The Flex Fuel Power Pack will have the appropriate fuel resource storage for the selected fuel type.

Spyglass
- The Spyglass now counts as a cupola in base building contracts. Thanks for the suggestion, @lukeduff! :)

Resources
- Added the Uraninite template. Thanks for the suggestion, lukeduff! :)
- All Buffalo chassis parts can now participate in Pathfinder's resource distribution.
- The Outback now uses the standard resource configuration window.
- You can now change the configuration on tanks with symmetrical parts. In the SPH/VAB it will happen automatically when you select a new configuration. After launch, you'll have the option to change symmetrical tanks.

Nukeworks
- The Nukeworks can serve as a radioactive storage container if you have Near Future Electrical installed. Thanks for the suggestion, lukeduff! :)

Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Buffalo asteroid scanner would not display the results window after scanning an asteroid.
- Fixed an issue where duplicate entries for the commercial science lab were visible in KPBS labs.
- Fixed an issue where the JetWing hover GUI would not appear.
- Fixed an issue where the JetWing would disable RCS on the entire vessel when it had no engine thrust.

I've had this installed for a while, but I've only just started to play around with it.

So. Awesome.  Hah!  Just set up that first Ponderosa on a Kerbin mountainside, and the team all got inside to crank the Ghetto Blaster and have a cool Beer after the hard work.  That IVA is gorgeous.

Again, so awesome.  Thanks :D

EDIT:  Since the Ponderosa's resources didn't register them after I stuck them to the side of the entry block, I'm assuming that "normal" batteries can't be used for power?

Edited by Doslidnyk

4 hours ago, Doslidnyk said:

I've had this installed for a while, but I've only just started to play around with it.

So. Awesome.  Hah!  Just set up that first Ponderosa on a Kerbin mountainside, and the team all got inside to crank the Ghetto Blaster and have a cool Beer after the hard work.  That IVA is gorgeous.

Again, so awesome.  Thanks :D

EDIT:  Since the Ponderosa's resources didn't register them after I stuck them to the side of the entry block, I'm assuming that "normal" batteries can't be used for power?

Do you have screenshots? The base modules should recognize batteries like vessels do with any other parts.

After may experiments and refinements, the auto-rove Kargo Drone 001 for basic habitat and geo lab set up:

ohfe8Af.jpg

VdtLx1x.jpg

Everything needed for a small base transport and setup. Optional Air breathing power generator featured in this module, only usable in oxygen rich atmospheres.

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

After may experiments and refinements, the auto-rove Kargo Drone 001 for basic habitat and geo lab set up:

Everything needed for a small base transport and setup. Optional Air breathing power generator featured in this module, only usable in oxygen rich atmospheres.

Outstanding! Looks like a great design. Stuff like your auto-rove are why I made Buffalo so modular. Thanks for sharing, it's really nice to see more than just bug reports. :)

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Do you have screenshots? The base modules should recognize batteries like vessels do with any other parts.

Sure.  This is what I tried doing.  It may be I'm just doing it wrong :wink:  Tried attaching (by holding [h] with node SrfAttach) and plonking the battery on the erm...door block thingy...  I've put solar panels on the top side, and they generated the charge, so it is recognising things.  I've also attached a Buckboard containing TAC LS resources to the other side, and those resources were recognised also.

QO9pcPq.png

Ok, I've just checked, I don't see issues with attaching batteries to the sides of the Ponderosa module:

cX98lwj.png

I'm able to see and access the extra batteries, and they charge without issue.

7 minutes ago, subyng said:

The tutorial in the wiki requires you to hookup the first habitat to the rover to supply equipment. How do I do this without using the rover?

You'd need to use a KAS pipe to hook up a link between the hab module and the supply tank. Alternately, connect your inflatable modules to the Conestoga and use its Equipment stores to inflate your modules.

Edited by Angel-125