[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

This all looks awesome! I hope to jump into the fun and fray soon as well. Life(tm) and technology have conspired to keep me from playing this weekend... Perhaps tomorrow! (And hopefully some more items than screenshots whenever I get my real desktop up again! (I would say that this C# thing isn't as bad as it looks, but it is *just* as bad as it looks. This is still workable though. :D)

Many kudos to the hard fought release. o7

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

? They are dead. I ordered the hit, venom pulled the trigger. That means we unfortunately don't have a Centaur G right now but it is one of the next things on my to-doodles.

can we at least have a new black RL-10 out of it? or a 1.875 to 2.5m adapter? I loved those as early centaurs.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

29 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

I just downloaded the latest pre release on Github, and I don't have the Kane SM, my craft files won't load and I can't find them anywhere.

@komodo just fixed the SM.

We're breaking craft files and saves almost hourly. You'll need to rebuild.

Edited by Jso

6 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

Is there any possible way to retrofit it?

No. It'd be a waste of time to spend hours converting things like the RCS modules back, just so that we can introduce new bugs to a soon-to-be-outdated version of the game.

11 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

Is there any possible way to retrofit it?

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No. It'd be a waste of time to spend hours converting things like the RCS modules back, just so that we can introduce new bugs to a soon-to-be-outdated version of the game.

If Cobalt authorize me, I could make public a sort of Kane (Apollo and LEM) and Sarnus V (Saturn V) version working (almost) for 1.1.3, to integrate the latest KSP 1.1.3 version (BDB 0.11.2).
DISCLAIMERS:

• it's consistent with the latest 1.1.3 version (no crio fuels, but only stock fuel)
  • it has a SLA (petal adapter) working only manually (the latest 1.1.3 BDB plug-in does not handle it: must be set in Action Groups to open and decouple)
  • Sarnus V not optimized in fuel load/TWR: tanks are stock-alike loaded, F1 engines but mostly J2 engines are underpowered (second and third stage should work at half fuel quantity)
  • IN ANY CASE I DO NOT PROVIDE FURTHER SUPPORT FOR BUGS, and if CobaltWolf authorize me, but I see here complaining to him about the file I could provide not working, I'll simply remove them from internet (the development is going on ONLY for 1.2, NOT for 1.1.3)

Just now, Araym said:

If Cobalt authorize me, I could make public a sort of Kane (Apollo and LEM) and Sarnus V (Saturn V) version working (almost) for 1.1.3, to integrate the latest KSP 1.1.3 version

Sorry bud, but I really would prefer not to have this. What we need is for people to test it in 1.2. If they're testing it on a different version, with different balance, different part modules, different plugins, etc, then what's the point? It will be released once 1.2 is out.

Of course, if anyone wouldn't test it on 1.2 anyways, and wants to PM Araym and will never, ever bother me about it, and I'd never know, I suppose it doesn't matter.

37 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Sorry bud, but I really would prefer not to have this. What we need is for people to test it in 1.2. If they're testing it on a different version, with different balance, different part modules, different plugins, etc, then what's the point? It will be released once 1.2 is out.

Of course, if anyone wouldn't test it on 1.2 anyways, and wants to PM Araym and will never, ever bother me about it, and I'd never know, I suppose it doesn't matter.

That the reason I DIDN'T made public an outdated KSP 1.1.3 version. :wink: No needs to multiple conflicting version around.

Obviously, people could try to ask me PRIVATELY: I may or may not provide  the files, it depends if I notice the messages........ but I DO NOT GUARANTEE for bugs/craft breaking/lost of saves, and I'll stop doing it if anyone bother Cobalt or me about "bugs in the 1.1.3 version did by Araym": it could be instable/craft breaking and I DO NOT provide support!!!

Edited by Araym

I took more screenshots of some Apollo-related things, since everyone else is probably busy landing on the moon.

First up is a Skylab, made with MOLE parts (he doesn't have very clear indication of how to build the upper part of it, so it was my best guess)

c78a5f2267.png

Next is a Kane-Tantares Test Project. A solar panel came off on fairing sep, but the scientists on the ground decided it wasn't a mission critical failure.

e8d87ae393.png

By the way, my S-IVB has both liquid fuel and liquid hydrogen in the tank. I first of all don't know how H2 got in there; I don't have cryo rockets installed, and second, I don't think both are supposed to be there. (Probably an error on my end, tbh)

12 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Historical descriptions coming soon, also handling and MechJeb issues report.

Apollo 11

Since Cobalt tagged you, I'd also like to piggy back on it, and I just want to know how you got those stage 1-2 ullage motors to work. When I use them, they want to detach from the interstage whenever I decouple the S-I.

1 minute ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I took more screenshots of some Apollo-related things, since everyone else is probably busy landing on the moon.

First up is a Skylab, made with MOLE parts (he doesn't have very clear indication of how to build the upper part of it, so it was my best guess)

Next is a Kane-Tantares Test Project. A solar panel came off on fairing sep, but the scientists on the ground decided it wasn't a mission critical failure.

By the way, my S-IVB has both liquid fuel and liquid hydrogen in the tank. I first of all don't know how H2 got in there; I don't have cryo rockets installed, and second, I don't think both are supposed to be there. (Probably an error on my end, tbh)

5 hours ago, Jso said:

@komodo just fixed the SM.

We're breaking craft files and saves almost hourly. You'll need to rebuild.

You need to rebuild your craft files. We're basically embedding CryoEngines with the mod from now on, it was getting ridiculous trying to balance the Saturn stack for LFO. Resources don't update (ie get removed) if they're changed and then you load a saved build.

17 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Since Cobalt tagged you, I'd also like to piggy back on it, and I just want to know how you got those stage 1-2 ullage motors to work. When I use them, they want to detach from the interstage whenever I decouple the S-I.

Youre using the beta release? Because they shouldnt detach now... mine no longer do.

42 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

with the new pre released BDB, you can finally make a good looking Saturn V again!

or, if you are like me, you could make abominations...

Saturn INT-20? :D

@CobaltWolf: Looks like you didn't make a plugin where when you connect the S-IVB Adapter to the S-IC tank XD!!!

(It was a joke you probably don't remember, but you said you make a plugin in a stream for that)

Edited by davidy12

Just now, davidy12 said:

Saturn INT-20? :D

@CobaltWolf: Looks like you didn't make a plugin where when you connect the S-IVB Adapter to the S-IC tank XD!!!

(It was a joke you probably don't remember, but you said you make a plugin in a stream for that)

What on earth are you talking about? If I did say that, how many drinks had I had?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

What on earth are you talking about? If I did say that, how many drinks had I had?

I know, I said it was a "Joke". XD 

Didn't know that you were drinking. 

But what do I care? I never even saw anyone photobomb you. XD

I have questions about CryoEngines being integrated with the mod, though I'm not against it.

Does it affect anything besides BDB parts?

Does it affect more BDB rockets than just the Sarnus?

Suppose someone uninstalls or doesn't install CryoEngines. Is there a backup config to put default resources, however heavy they might be?

Finally, forgive me for asking, because I'm sure a lot of people otherwise will, but couldn't you just overpower your parts for balance reasons while using the default resources? (A la--in my experience anyway--Tantares)

On 10/1/2016 at 0:56 PM, CobaltWolf said:

One idea I had, was I could make a version of the capsule with the white Skylab paint job, where there was an extra matte white coating added over the metallic shell of the capsule.

Somewhat unrelated question here, but why exactly did Skylab CMs have a white paintjob?

To be honest I've never even noticed it before, and I've actually seen the Skylab 2 capsule with my own eyes several times!

Just now, pTrevTrevs said:

Somewhat unrelated question here, but why exactly did Skylab CMs have a white paintjob?

To be honest I've never even noticed it before, and I've actually seen the Skylab 2 capsule with my own eyes several times!

My understanding is that it was an additional coating, since the capsule would be docked there for an extended period of time.

5 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

It seems the paint was used as a thermal control for the CSM due to the long time spent in space.

This would really especially appropriate for a ETS CSM because of their long duration intent.

[Edit] Looks like @CobaltWolf beat me to it.

Edited by Daelkyr