[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 5/25/2016 at 11:25 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Well, here's the H1 WIP. It's very rough but I'd like to get a mockup in game tomorrow if I have time. Bear in mind this is just the diffuse texture - the final product will be fairly shiny. Sorry it's all I managed to get done tonight - RL stuff spilled over into 'me-time'.

TxEbQOl.png

this looks a lot like the Atlas Sustainer... Can I swap those out accordingly?

Also, it looks awesome! when is it going in??

54 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

this looks a lot like the Atlas Sustainer... Can I swap those out accordingly?

Also, it looks awesome! when is it going in??

The thrust is way different, but whatever floats your boat. 

6 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Not seeing anything coming out of the engines in my game.

Don't know what the issue exactly is.

Does this mod require real plumes or something ?

i think theres like, configs for real plumes that you have too remove inorder for the normal plumes too be working but i may be wrong so dont quote me on that.

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Do you have SmokeScreen installed but not RealPlumes? Did you install through CKAN? 

I still had SmokeScreen installed after removing RealPlumes.

Works fine now, thanks.

Edited by NateDaBeast

9 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

I still had SmokeScreen installed after removing RealPlumes.

Works fine now, thanks.

Hey, that's great. But did you install through CKAN? 

@Jso i didn't even know it was released! I'll get on that. What kind of fuel did it use? 

Edited by VenomousRequiem

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

What kind of fuel did it use?

The "tripled-up" version is Kerolox.

The one he thought he was doing is Alcolox - I think, I'm a little confused about what happened there. Go with Kerolox.

9 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Hey, that's great. But did you install through CKAN? 

@Jso i didn't even know it was released! I'll get on that. What kind of fuel did it use? 

(still here) early versions used alcolox, later ones used kerolox. It's up to you - my vote is alcolox, since its less common.

edit: @jso I was aiming for the last version but I misunderstood the scale. It's closer to three atlas boosters strapped together than it is to three vanguards. But I wanted another early 0.9375m engine. I hate how limited the early tech tree still feels. I'm considering pushing Juno back which would also reduce the part bloat at generalRocketry.

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Yes I did

Who even put this on CKAN? How did that happen? No one who installed BDB manually has had the problem you had. We fixed it a while ago, and I've heard CKAN can mess certain things up, so I'm going to go ahead and speak for the BDB staff and say it's not our problem. :P

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Who even put this on CKAN? How did that happen? No one who installed BDB manually has had the problem you had. We fixed it a while ago, and I've heard CKAN can mess certain things up, so I'm going to go ahead and speak for the BDB staff and say it's not our problem. :P

I think it's happening when someone uninstalls RealPlumes via CKAN and something gets left behind. I can't be sure until someone produces a log.

Edit: I just tried uninstalling RealPlumes through CKAN and it did just what it should have done. RealPlumes + Stock configs were completely removed, SmokeScreen was still there as it should have been since I did not tell it to uninstall that. Everything worked just fine, I got stock effects.

It's possible it's not CKAN at all but some other mod using a FOR[RealPlumes] in a config. I need a log.

Edited by Jso

18 minutes ago, Jso said:

I think it's happening when someone uninstalls RealPlumes via CKAN and something gets left behind. I can't be sure until someone produces a log.

Edit: I just tried uninstalling RealPlumes through CKAN and it did just what it should have done. RealPlumes + Stock configs were completely removed, SmokeScreen was still there as it should have been since I did not tell it to uninstall that. Everything worked just fine, I got stock effects.

It's possible it's not CKAN at all but some other mod using a FOR[RealPlumes] in a config. I need a log.

Did you actually play before you uninstalled it? Sometimes mods will generate their own files for whatever reason, and those are left behind. CKAN doesn't touch files it didn't make. 

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Did you actually play before you uninstalled it? Sometimes mods will generate their own files for whatever reason, and those are left behind. CKAN doesn't touch files it didn't make. 

Yes, for a while now. Most of my mods are managed by CKAN, including Realplume/Smokescreen.

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Well, either way I'm convinced this isn't our fault... How many times have we fixed this issue, twice? 

We fixed it once and it got accidentally reverted, so we fixed it again. The original issue was happening when smokescreen was installed but realplumes was not. That's fixed. I'm assuming what's happening now is something is borking things up and making it look like realplumes is installed when it's not. I need a log to see what it is. Then we either do a workaround or communicate with the responsible party. There also could be more than a single cause.

Simply having Smokescreen but not Realplumes does not cause it.

28 minutes ago, Jso said:

We fixed it once and it got accidentally reverted, so we fixed it again. The original issue was happening when smokescreen was installed but realplumes was not. That's fixed. I'm assuming what's happening now is something is borking things up and making it look like realplumes is installed when it's not. I need a log to see what it is. Then we either do a workaround or communicate with the responsible party. There also could be more than a single cause.

Simply having Smokescreen but not Realplumes does not cause it.

Someone get this man a log!

Also, I took a screenshot for the OP whenever @CobaltWolf gets back...

MZyukNY.png

I like it because it really captures my PC struggling to stay above 30FPS. :P

Notice the stuttering of the FX...

New release is up. This the BDB while the cat's away the mice will play edition. As always, delete the Gamedata/Bluedog_DB folder before installing.

Q8XgwBc.png

Changelog:

0.10.6 (Mice!)

-Added Mariner 4 dish

-Thrust curves for solid engines

-RealChute compatibility

-Agena/Able/AbleStar balance

-Added normal maps and other goodies to the Titan, Agena, and Mercury parts. Hurray!

-Added SOLTAN parts

-Moved some of the Titan parts around in the tech tree.

-Moved the Leo parts around, now they all unlock at the same tier. The Big G crew module was moved up a node, along with its heatshield.

-Art update for Agena, Thor, Redstone, Vanguard

-Added Navaho engine

-Cryogenic Engines compatability

-Fixed the IR spectrometer not being rerunnable. @raveloda

-Updated Antenna Range compatibility patches. @rasta013

-Upgraded Navaho engine to 1.25 meter and significantly increased power. Include a little test to make it very unreliable and prone to explode due to overheating.

-Gemini parachute fix. Might finally have it this time. Rebuilt the chute from scratch and increased the drag on the capsule.

-Numerous minor bug fixes

Edited by Jso