[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 11/6/2016 at 6:54 PM, Jimbodiah said:

Why not just patch ISP/Thrust for all engines? That's the way I run RSS.

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        @maxThrust *= 2.1

@atmosphereCurve
        {
            @key[1, ] *= 1.7
	        @key,1[1, ] *= 1.7
	        @key,2[1, ] *= 1.7
        }
    }
}

god damn those would be some impressive engines!

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'll have to ask @e of pi or @Workable Goblin about that. The drawings as well as the chapters that describe it refer to the J-2S as singular. I know that the wiki wasn't solely maintained by them. Sounds like something that might have been quietly retconned.

In any case, it would be a useful configuration to have. But don't hold your breath for it. Something like that would require all new modeling and textures...

I looked and I saw something about a J-2A-1 or something like that...possibly just an upgraded engine, with 2x the thrust of a normal J-2?

57 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

god damn those would be some impressive engines!

They launch what they would in real life. A Delta IV Heavy with 3x RS68 would just get the EFT-1 into orbit. It's in no way OP, but gives real world results with realistically proportioned rockets without needing to rebalance everything in the game. Install RSS, add the patch and done.

Edited by Jimbodiah

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

They launch what they would in real life. A Delta IV Heavy with 3x RS68 would just get the EFT-1 into orbit. It's in no way OP, but gives real world results with realistically proportioned rockets without needing to rebalance everything in the game. Install RSS, add the patch and done.

I guess if that's the game you want to play...

5 minutes ago, MrLake said:

Still confused.

I don't know why you are confused. If it's a dependency then it's a dependency. There are a lot of reasons to require - and thus bundle - Community Resource Pack. In this instance, it's for the liquid hydrogen resource.

EDIT: Apologies for the snap. Let some IRL mood carry over to the forum. We basically have the functionality of the CryogenicEngines mod embedded in order to better balance our hydrolox engines.

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't know why you are confused. If it's a dependency then it's a dependency. There are a lot of reasons to require - and thus bundle - Community Resource Pack. In this instance, it's for the liquid hydrogen resource.

I already was told it was required, but I was asking if it altered anything. If it just adds a resource, that's fine, but it really wasn't clear in any of the documentation.

1 minute ago, MrLake said:

I already was told it was required, but I was asking if it altered anything. If it just adds a resource, that's fine, but it really wasn't clear in any of the documentation.

Yeah, it just is used for the lqdHydrogen resource. And if you didn't see my edit:

EDIT: Apologies for the snap. Let some IRL mood carry over to the forum. We basically have the functionality of the CryogenicEngines mod embedded in order to better balance our hydrolox engines.

9 minutes ago, MrLake said:

It doesn't alter anything that I'm aware of. It's a shared collection of additional resources for mods to use. It would be a mess if every mod that used LqdHydrogen or whatever added their own version of it. It shouldn't effect performance or hog memory if that's what your worried about.

9 minutes ago, BolleT said:

how's it going with the LM iva?

What do you mean? Nobody has been working on it.

EDIT: Any demand for Large Diameter Titan right now? A 3.125m silver rocket to launch my Apollo CSMs has been sounding pretty good.

Edited by CobaltWolf

43 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: Any demand for Large Diameter Titan right now? A 3.125m silver rocket to launch my Apollo CSMs has been sounding pretty good.

Yes.

Any new rocket is good. Anything.

55 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Couldn't we also use that for the Titan from EELVP 2 in ETS?

Either way, more 3.125m parts would be awesome!