[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

13 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Couldn't we also use that for the Titan from EELVP 2 in ETS?

Either way, more 3.125m parts would be awesome!

I don't remember what was written about the ETS Titan V with respect to dimensions - but LDC Titan likely means we get the UA-156X SRMs, which translate to 2.5m solids, allowing a full family of Solid Single Sticks from 1.5m to 3.75m (eventually with the AJ-260).

2 minutes ago, TimothyC said:

I don't remember what was written about the ETS Titan V with respect to dimensions - but LDC Titan likely means we get the UA-156X SRMs, which translate to 2.5m solids, allowing a full family of Solid Single Sticks from 1.5m to 3.75m (eventually with the AJ-260).

0.9375m to 3.75m - we have Scoot now with its Algol.

And UA-156x were on the map for a while. Not a big priority for LDC Titan tho. It'll probably be the first thing I work on when I get back to BDB... sorry for those of you that were waiting for Skylab.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

And UA-156x were on the map for a while. Not a big priority for LDC Titan tho. It'll probably be the first thing I work on when I get back to BDB... sorry for those of you that were waiting for Skylab.

But... but... Skylab! ;.;

I believe I've said it before, but I'm glad I gave this mod a chance. It's wonderful, especially in conjunction with Tantares/Contares/Cx Space Station. I'm eagerly awaiting for your work on the surface science experiments and taerobee, plus the teased SLS that is supposedly in the works. I've never been this eager for mods before.

Edited by Spike88

11 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

i think I speak for the whole BDB team when I say you are not  getting an SLS from us

Cobalt teased a BDB like SLS from someone else. Would show the quote but my phone is being stupid.

19 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

Cobalt teased a BDB like SLS from someone else. Would show the quote but my phone is being stupid.

Can confirm, BDB-style SLS is being made by another modder.

5 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Could you guys add in the delta 4 series of rockets?

and how about a space shuttle? Or is that pushing it?

lol no.

haha.

no, just, no.

We build useful rockets here.

(If you want a stockalike shuttle, check out @Pak's excellent Cormorant Aeronology, which is on a track to give the BDB style 'all the variants of all the things' treatment to the Shuttle)

3 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Cool! Do you have a rough release date?:D

Just now, Spike88 said:

You would have to ask @CobaltWolf. I'm just a fan of the mod, I don't know anything besides what's been teased and or in the roadmap on the first page.

Delta IV is on the roadmap to disappoint people. I'm not even kidding.

Delta III... unknown. Prolly when I do Delta 4000 from ETS.

37 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Delta IV is on the roadmap to disappoint people. I'm not even kidding.

Delta III... unknown. Prolly when I do Delta 4000 from ETS.

Honestly, for a Delta-IV just download CryoEngines and use the Atlas-V tanks in this mod.

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

Honestly, for a Delta-IV just download CryoEngines and use the Atlas-V tanks in this mod.

Or the LDC Titan tanks when that's done, 3.125m is a much better fit. Or maybe the mysterious modder Wolfy keeps mentionning is also willing to do Delta IV?

Edited by PickledTripod
typo

9 hours ago, PickledTripod said:

Or the LDC Titan tanks when that's done, 3.125m is a much better fit. Or maybe the mysterious modder Wolfy keeps mentionning is also willing to do Delta IV?

Uhm. I don't know. I'd doubt it but it's not my place to say.

Honestly I've been dropping lots of hints lately about other modder's projects to try and deflect requests away from here - if I mention it, at least take solace in knowing that it gets my stamp of approval and I don't feel a need to take it on myself. I don't give more info out since, well, I don't want them to be obligated if things don't pan out.

Edited by CobaltWolf

44 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Would you be able to tell us who this modder might be?

@benjee10 has a stockalike Jupiter III and was planning on doing the Orion, so it might be him. Even if it isn't, we have his to look forward to if the one @CobaltWolf is referencing doesn't pan out.

Edit: Don't know if this should be added to the google document for the manual since it's a suggestion, but a possible suggestion is adding DeltaV and ideal payload weights for the rockets in the manual. It could also list different payload weights for LKO or HKO. I know the mod is still being balanced, and this information would hong on that, but I would gladly do the leg work. 

Also possibly adding information on creating the MOL, Agena target vehicle, and Skylab(when it's completed).

Edited by Spike88

So I heard this new Vega upper stage was going to be used for Atlas launches.

This is an Atlas launch... Right?

Ci43cKw.png

So, the Vega upper stage... Yeahhhhhhhh, About that.....

c5L5kNT.png

It actually works really really well. (Note for bonus points, the new linear Kane RCS for OMS ports beneath.)

Props to @benjee10 for the spiffy parts.

Now, I just have to figure out how to not have the fairings rip the wings off... good thing this was a prototype ><

Edited by komodo

2 hours ago, komodo said:

This is an Atlas launch... Right?

Umm...

6 hours ago, Spike88 said:

Edit: Don't know if this should be added to the google document for the manual since it's a suggestion, but a possible suggestion is adding DeltaV and ideal payload weights for the rockets in the manual. It could also list different payload weights for LKO or HKO. I know the mod is still being balanced, and this information would hong on that, but I would gladly do the leg work. 

Also possibly adding information on creating the MOL, Agena target vehicle, and Skylab(when it's completed).

I've been meaning to start a wiki with technical details like that.

8 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Would you be able to tell us who this modder might be?

7 hours ago, Spike88 said:

@benjee10 has a stockalike Jupiter III and was planning on doing the Orion, so it might be him. Even if it isn't, we have his to look forward to if the one @CobaltWolf is referencing doesn't pan out.

No. Me and @benjee10 and some other modders have another historical spaceflight project planned / in pre-production. Of course, right now the other modders on that project don't have enough free time for it (understandable) and Benjee10, once he has time to work on KSP stuff again, should probably focus first on updating DIRECT and HabTech.

RE: Manual updates for dV and payloads... well, if @Jso has some numbers for us, I can help @DiscoSlelge put some tables in. But they are pretty constantly in flux from update to update.

Definitely need to add ATV and Skylab. MOL/MOS is a bit of a harder target, since it doesn't really have a canon design, and the parts aren't/weren't really meant to be built in the IRL configuration of essentially a long tube behind the Gemini; they were meant to be little early game modular station parts.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

So, spoke with E of Pi this morning and he confirmed that they had changed the S-IVC stage to have dual engines. I roughed in what a potential S-IVC would look like, with an extension tank and a new engine mount. Just to keep you guys interested :wink:

mzSZqS6.png

TtJ6BtW.png

3AGixxt.png

2x the thrust in the wiki doesn't lie :wink:

Just now, davidy12 said:

2x the thrust in the wiki doesn't lie :wink:

Except in the actual chapters, they all say that the S-IVC had a single engine. Since the wiki is very poorly updated, you'll forgive my skepticism. And not necessarily wanting to add yet another part to my to-do list.