[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

re: IVA, I don't have any handy, but I wanted to note that the "big black box" isn't actually a bug: It's the "placeholder" IVA that squad provides for cases like this where no iva exists. It's just that, a box with seats in it, the only purpose being to populate the face/joy/terror cams in the bottom right corner. 

The black box (which probably won't survive a crash) was the better option from nothing at all. 

4 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

The block 2 also had a wider pressurized module, as well as an unpressurized trunk (kinda like the one for the Rhea resupply vehicle) squeezed between the pressure module and the control block.

Yeah, I know. The Rhea was pretty directly inspired by it + the HTV. Come to think of it, I wonder if you can adapt the AARDV modules for use with the Transtage, make a Rhea Block 2 or something. Or even just Tweakscale them. :P Though a nearly flat 1.875m > 2.5m adapter would be hella useful.

For those that haven't seen it and don't know what we're talking about, this is the Apollo-derived logistics vehicle that serviced Freedom in the 90s/late 80s, presumably continuing into the 2000s (but the focus of the timeline moves away from Freedom).

fetch.php?w=750&tok=e9c48d&media=timelin

2 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

oh goddamn it SKYLAB! WILL SKYLAB BE SPLIT INTO A CREW MODULE AND A DOCKING MODULE! I would love it if it were, as that way, I could use the  habitation portion for interplanetary travels.

dontyellatme

andimnotgonnatellyounowfigureitoutyourself

18 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Will this thread become serious now that it is in the new location? I loved the old, light-hearted, excrementspost-laden thread.

As previously stated (by me, in a post I made, that tagged and called YOU and a couple others in particular out, that I know you saw) the other day, yes. Keep the memes in the respective section of the Discord, please. I know how @CobaltWolf likes his fair share of memes too, we've gotta keep this at least to a point where the moderators don't even have to think about us. Please and thank you. Have a fantastic day. :)

17 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Dear Wolfy, how are you going to animate ATM's deployment from launch config to orbit config? Like Raidernick's version? There will be a fairing base between the airlock and the workshop?

Thanks!

Likely going to be a sort of 'screw you, end user. undock this thing and redock it somehow'. Especially because then it works in the standalone Apollo/ATM freeflight configuration...

p15.jpg

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Whoa. D: That's AWESOME! Question - will it be possible to set up the occlusion so that you can see into the windows, but can't see in through the sides etc?

Yes. It's just making a version of the exterior model with transparent windows.

50 minutes ago, minepagan said:

And how about the hatch too?

You mean so you can look at it from behind and see the Kerbal's back? I actually *don't* like that - if you leave it so the Kerbal can only be seen from the front it reinforces how claustrophobic that pod would be.

Also, gotta mention it here too, but thanks to @Pak for the awesome new signature!

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

You mean so you can look at it from behind and see the Kerbal's back? I actually *don't* like that - if you leave it so the Kerbal can only be seen from the front it reinforces how claustrophobic that pod would be.

Also, gotta mention it here too, but thanks to @Pak for the awesome new signature!

Nvm I thought it was the gemini pod, not the lander. I couldnt actually see the pic thanks to school wifi.