[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.14.0 "металл" 30/Sep/2024)

CobaltWolf

11 hours ago, NotAgain said:

Anyone else having an issue with the Geiger counter and micrometeoroid detector not actually having experiments?

Do you have the latest version of DMagicScienceAnimate? The generic version? If not you can grab it here.

8 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

yes my friend,

that was my full seriously about textures, I do this only for a few months.

"a thread over Modeling + Texturing with tips/techniques"  wow ! sounds good, very good I can not wait any longer !!

-  no you dont need to translate anything to French my friend-   

Thus , the Mercury-Gemini scale-surface structure details at your fingertips Real, very good work ! 

I wish you much fun in the development of your mod's !

thnx a lot ! cheers Raendy  :)

Haha alright, next time I have a few hours I'll sit down and write up a post. Least I can do is share what I've learned so far.

EDIT: You're Italian/Swiss. Darn. I guessed you were French from the name.

7 hours ago, DAL1189 said:

Just found this, looks good! I am however struggling to figure out which parts go with which. Can someone post images of what the "Real Life" launchers look like in the game so I can make them?

Uhm, I suppose you could look at the imgur album I posted earlier on page 22. And in general looking at the screenshots around this thread.

EDIT: So, update on the state of the mod. I'm aiming for another full release before Christmas. Hopefully y'all will have some time to play a nice polished update over your vacation. :)

Things that will be included in the update:

• New or updated textures for almost all the fuel tanks and engines.
  • Mercury
  • Part of the Karrot stuff (Basically just the capsule and heatshield)
  • Redone Atlas V parts (Completely new models, and tanks to make the full CCB)
  • Agena 1.25m upper stage parts.
  • Miscellaneous parts for launchers - namely missing adapters and decouplers.
  • Phase 1 of the probe expansion. Polishing stuff that's in the dev builds, plus some more things like the Ranger core, a couple new antennas, a new science part (folding magnetometer, so that the experiment isn't only on the one antenna) and maybe some other stuff.

So, questions:

What colors should I make the Atlas V CCB (fuel tank)? Orange? White? Both? It's been flown with a number of different paint configurations.

Similarly, what are people picturing for the Agena? The usual black/white for 1.25m parts (more or less the standard flight configuration) or silver(how it flew for ATV)?

Finally, a look at things I'm planning for the update after:

• Titan II
  • Delta K upper stage
  • Atlas III main engine (most powerful 1.875m class engine?)
  • Gemini Lander parts
  • MOL parts
  • Continuing to add probe parts
Edited by CobaltWolf

Speaking of the new updates...

Here's a new RP config including the new engines. (Mercury LES and Retropack)

This is of course for those of you who don't want to wait for those things to actually be released, and playing with the dev update. This will p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ be linked in to OP.

Update: Also! Delta II stuff!

Just to chip in on his Delta K mention...

Edited by VenomousRequiem

20 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Speaking of the new updates...

Here's a new RP config including the new engines. (Mercury LES and Retropack)

This is of course for those of you who don't want to wait for those things to actually be released, and playing with the dev update. This will p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ be linked in to OP.

Update: Also! Delta II stuff!

*snip*

Just to chip in on his Delta K mention...

Swegg. Added to OP.

Are the GEMs really that pointy? Yipes.

6 hours ago, NotAgain said:

What boosters am I supposed to use with the Muo? I can't find any that fit in the fairing.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Muo is based on the American Atlas rocket, which you can look up if you need more information or want to see the real thing. Here is how I assemble it:

57 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

Thanks! I've been waiting for a decent reproduction of the Atlas, this is brilliant.

On an related topic, how do you rep people on the new forums?

I think it's the like button on the bottom right of the post.Insert other media

EDIT: I messed up and can't fix it. I hate the new posting interface...

EDIT:

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Nice RP configs. :D Also, amazing Delta II and great to hear your making a Titan. :D

May I ask, will we see the large SRBs for Titans III and IV? Also, what Diameter will it be?

Uh. Maybe. I'm trying to do one thing at a time. I haven't thought a ton about Titan. It will be 1.875m.

Edited by CobaltWolf

8 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

I'd say 2.5. The Atlas V and Titan Core are around the same. 

Negative, Ghostrider. Titan is 3.05m, Atlas II is 3.04m, Atlas V is 3.81m, which I'm rounding to 4, which becomes 2.5m. Titan and Atlas II are both about 75% the diameter of Atlas V.

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

Not bad for the first one. What rocket is it, UA1207? This thing was around the height of the core and second stage itself. 

Yes, yes! c:

Definitely remaking it. Don't expect the finished product(If Cobalt is willing to you know... export it to the game) to look anything like that tbh.

8:08 PM - CobaltWolf: >>When you crash Maya so hard it deletes your user preferences
8:08 PM - VenomousRequiem: Wow, you're not having a very fun time are you

What is this life...

Anyways, peeps, I got a present for ya. Took the afternoon and banged out the Atlas V remake... the textures are a touch low res, but it's the best I could do without moving up to the next size of texture, which I wasn't comfortable doing. Who knows. Maybe it will be worth doing later. It wouldn't be too hard, since all I'd have to redraw are the panel edges. It's in the latest dev release.

oRPOfwT.pngi4B0NpI.png

7 hours ago, BMot360 said:

I believe it's supposed to arrive on 9th December.

Yep yep, Wednesday. I think...

Since I missed it... Here's a thing I did m̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶b̶a̶l̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶.

Edited by VenomousRequiem

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Since I missed it... Here's a thing I did m̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶b̶a̶l̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶.

Looks awesome. What part(s) are you using for the upper half of the first stage - after the Muo-2585?

I wonder how much of a loss Orbital ATK are making if they're having to use an Atlas V instead of the Antares; seen as though the lowest spec Atlas V has 50% more payload capacity than the Antares.

Edited by BMot360

2 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Sweeeet.

37 minutes ago, BMot360 said:

Looks awesome. What part(s) are you using for the upper half of the first stage - after the Muo-2585?

I wonder how much of a loss Orbital ATK are making if they're having to use an Atlas V instead of the Antares; seen as though the lowest spec Atlas V has 50% more payload capacity than the Antares.

It's the Muo-3273 from the latest dev release.

Hey, Cobalt, love the work on this mod. Could I make a request? How about some R7/Soyuz-style radial tanks? I've made several out of your Inon/Muo parts for the core stage and the ones from HGR, but the last ones look odd since they're not very stockalike...

Also HGR's RD engine clusters only cast plumes from the vernier engines, which looks just silly.

Something like this:
(SHITTY PHOTOSHOP WARNING - SHIELD EYES ASAP)

QW8MtYd.png