[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.14.0 "металл" 30/Sep/2024)

CobaltWolf

51 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@DiscoSlelge can you link the latest WIP of the manual that has the updated names? I don't have the link handy.

Here you go : https://www.docdroid.net/R6CGLWo/bdb-manuel-11-.pdf.html

For the others what's news, on page 34 I added some solid launchers

Edited by DiscoSlelge

8 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

What are we going to name S****n? I was thinking like Zeus or something to that tune. Huge, god of all rockets, larger than life, etc.

I don't think Zeus is appropriate because Zeus is the Greek equivalent of Jupiter, I don't like Sarnus either (where did that come from?), I think an appropriate name would be Chronus or Kronos which is the Greek equivalent of Saturn. Other good named would be the Egyptian equivalent, Osiris, Sumerian equivalent Anu. But lets be honest, it will most likely be a Fallout reference in the end :P. (Is that where Sarnus comes from?)

2 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

I don't think Zeus is appropriate because Zeus is the Greek equivalent of Jupiter, I don't like Sarnus either (where did that come from?), I think an appropriate name would be Chronus or Kronos which is the Greek equivalent of Saturn. Other good named would be the Egyptian equivalent, Osiris, Sumerian equivalent Anu. But lets be honest, it will most likely be a Fallout reference in the end :P. (Is that where Sarnus comes from?)

Sarnus is from the Saturn analogue in OPM, called Sarnus.

2 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

Sarnus is the Saturn equivalent from @CaptRobau's Outer Planets Mod.

I'm still doing stuff for work but I should be able to start on time as planned, if not slightly early.

13 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

It should be Kronos, so we can make Incredibles references about it. For we all know the true use for S****n was to drop death machines on other countries. 

Wat? Was there ever DoD involvement in Saturn past the original Project Horizon proposal?

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Sarnus is the Saturn equivalent from @CaptRobau's Outer Planets Mod.

I'm still doing stuff for work but I should be able to start on time as planned, if not slightly early.

Sweet. I was wondering what OPM was. I may or may not see todays stream as I am working on a SpacePod for TMRO. But I'll try to be there because I enjoy your streams. Haven't done much testing yet on latest build either.

14 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

It should be Kronos, so we can make Incredibles references about it. For we all know the true use for S****n was to drop death machines on other countries. 

LOL don't think like a cold war Russian.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Wat? Was there ever DoD involvement in Saturn past the original Project Horizon proposal?

No, like in The Incredibles Syndrome makes a giant death robot under the code name Kronos, then uses a rocket to launch it onto a city.

1 minute ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

No, like in The Incredibles Syndrome makes a giant death robot under the code name Kronos, then uses a rocket to launch it onto a city.

Bit of an out-there reference.

Trying to finish up here, I'll try and get going within the hour.

Okay okay okay guys, I'm going to end this name quest, let's called this project "Derrick" like the german 1970s tv show,you know why ? It's slow so slow that you soul is sucked is the tv.
Okay people ? twitch-kappa.jpg

1461012149-csm-04909-s-i-saturn-v-rocket----------> I know you love it

Edited by DiscoSlelge