[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, Freshmeat said:

First of all, really cool video. I like your way of building.

To counter your point, I have switched between fuel, LO2, ore, and iirc equipment in the same tank. And I could conceivably change to food afterwards, if I wanted to. Or dirt or fertilizer, for that matter, which might lead to fun stuff if you add LO2 to an unclean tank.

I'm not really in the habit of policing players any more than necessary. Restricting things like tank switching isn't on my radar right now, but if it's something you want to do, then you can add

reconfigureSkill = ConverterSkill

to all of the storage templates, and then they'll be restricted to classes with the ConverterSkill (Engineers in the stock game)

5 hours ago, Freshmeat said:

Regarding the tanks, will you add a 2.5 m 800 unit tank now that you have retired the Titan II 800 unit tank? I found it had a lot of uses.

Another thought, gameplay related: Right now, tank layout can be changed on the fly. It is extremely convenient when doing refuel vessels, to the point that I feel it might be abusive. I know I can just elect to set it as a rule for myself, but I feel an engineer should be present to switch tank layout.

Totally missed this but yes there will be an 800 unit tank. I want the ability to retire the stock 2.5m tanks in my game...

@Space Kadet Looking forward to watching the latest when I get home. :)

Just a heads up that next update will be a KSP 1.3 compatibility update. I may need to make an additional patch when KIS is updated. With luck I will have the update done over the weekend. Next month I anticipate working on the Odyssey Two release, which has the revised tanks and a new inflatable mk3 Homestead module. That will finish out the Kopernicus.

Edited by Angel-125

@Space Kadet That was cool! TCA sounds very useful as well. If you run into that problem with Equipment again, hopefully you can capture it and I can see what's going on. Not sure why or even how you get the display screen to click, that's a new one for me!

Edited by Angel-125

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Totally missed this but yes there will be an 800 unit tank. I want the ability to retire the stock 2.5m tanks in my game...

@Space Kadet Looking forward to watching the latest when I get home. :)

Just a heads up that next update will be a KSP 1.3 compatibility update. I may need to make an additional patch when KIS is updated. With luck I will have the update done over the weekend. Next month I anticipate working on the Odyssey Two release, which has the revised tanks and a new inflatable mk3 Homestead module. That will finish out the Kopernicus.

Would this compatibility update remain 1.2.2 friendly? Or will the Kopernicus be a "You really should update to the latest version to enjoy all of these great features" kind of thing?  Basically just wondering how long I can hold off a giant update :)

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@Space Kadet That was cool! TCA sounds very useful as well. If you run into that problem with Equipment again, hopefully you can capture it and I can see what's going on. Not sure why or even how you get the display screen to click, that's a new one for me!

I think its because of having jsi cockpit on, but every time you click the door the image thing for the screen pops up, and sometimes clicking other places, but whe your pointer is inline with where the screen would be...

12 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Would this compatibility update remain 1.2.2 friendly? Or will the Kopernicus be a "You really should update to the latest version to enjoy all of these great features" kind of thing?  Basically just wondering how long I can hold off a giant update :)

I don't support the older versions of KSP once the newest one is out. It's simply too much work. Next update will be for KSP 1.3, and the Odyssey Two update will be as well.

10 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

I think its because of having jsi cockpit on, but every time you click the door the image thing for the screen pops up, and sometimes clicking other places, but whe your pointer is inline with where the screen would be...

Oh that would do it. If you have JSI running or you turn on the stock screen overlay, then you'll see the interior and can interact with the screens. If you had ASET installed you could use the controls from the exterior of the craft. Not much I can do about that I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't support the older versions of KSP once the newest one is out. It's simply too much work. Next update will be for KSP 1.3, and the Odyssey Two update will be as well.

Alright fair enough.  Looks like I have another reason to test out 1.3 then - the other being the KSO needing some love...

2 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Alright fair enough.  Looks like I have another reason to test out 1.3 then - the other being the KSO needing some love...

I played with the KSOS way back in 0.23.5 and loved it. I had a whole KSOS Mission Chronicles that documented the flight of the space shuttle Freedom. One mission made it into a video:

Sadly I lost all the other screenshots.

Anyway, I've stomped all the compiler errors in my mods, and just fixed the mod categories. Now I'm running through some tests and sample craft to make sure they all load properly. Looks like I'll have some KSP 1.3 updates later this evening. :)

13 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I played with the KSOS way back in 0.23.5 and loved it. I had a whole KSOS Mission Chronicles that documented the flight of the space shuttle Freedom. One mission made it into a video:

Sadly I lost all the other screenshots.

Anyway, I've stomped all the compiler errors in my mods, and just fixed the mod categories. Now I'm running through some tests and sample craft to make sure they all load properly. Looks like I'll have some KSP 1.3 updates later this evening. :)

Well its raining tomorrow, so no painting the house, i wonder what ill be doing.....

15 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

I haven't tried yet, was waiting to have most of my mods updated before I tried opening any saves.

I found the problem, it happened because of a variable type change I did with Snacks. All is well. :)

@Angel-125 I have seen that video a few times.  It's definitely a gooder.

In other news, @nightingale has found an exception in my log from my damaged save.  I am posting it here because at the moment in that save, DSEV and Buffalo are the only Wild Blue mods I have installed.  Below is the exception and nightingale's response:

Spoiler
  10 hours ago, nightingale said:

@smotheredrun - I think this is your problem:

FormatException: Value is not equivalent to either TrueString or FalseString.
at System.Boolean.Parse (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractsPlus.Contracts.WBIReturnHomeParam.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Contracts.ContractParameter.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Contracts.Contract.Load (Contracts.Contract contract, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.LoadContract (.ConfigNode cNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Contracts.ContractSystem+<OnLoadRoutine>c__Iterator9A.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  

In 1.2, this type of exception breaks the load of the contract system, so I suspect that's why you're having some issues (I raised something to get that fixed in 1.3).  I don't know what the Wild Blue Industries parameter there is from, but if you can fix that it may resolve your issue.

In that save at the moment of "damage to my contract progression" I do have one active contract to I believe do a "Goo Experiment" (one of the DSEV Lab experiments) at the Mun and return it to Kerbin.  The contract still has almost 1 and a half years left before it expires, and I have yet to send a DSEV lab module to the Mun to do the experiment.  Do you have any thoughts on the matter?  Do you require further information?

Edited by smotheredrun

9 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

@Angel-125 I have seen that video a few times.  It's definitely a gooder.

In other news, @nightingale has found an exception in my log from my damaged save.  I am posting it here because at the moment in that save, DSEV and Buffalo are the only Wild Blue mods I have installed.  Below is the exception and nightingale's response:

Hide contents
  10 hours ago, nightingale said:

@smotheredrun - I think this is your problem:

FormatException: Value is not equivalent to either TrueString or FalseString.
at System.Boolean.Parse (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractsPlus.Contracts.WBIReturnHomeParam.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Contracts.ContractParameter.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Contracts.Contract.Load (Contracts.Contract contract, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.LoadContract (.ConfigNode cNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Contracts.ContractSystem+<OnLoadRoutine>c__Iterator9A.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  

In 1.2, this type of exception breaks the load of the contract system, so I suspect that's why you're having some issues (I raised something to get that fixed in 1.3).  I don't know what the Wild Blue Industries parameter there is from, but if you can fix that it may resolve your issue.

In that save at the moment of "damage to my contract progression" I do have one active contract to I believe do a "Goo Experiment" (one of the DSEV Lab experiments) at the Mun and return it to Kerbin.  The contract still has almost 1 and a half years left before it expires, and I have yet to send a DSEV lab module to the Mun to do the experiment.  Do you have any thoughts on the matter?  Do you require further information?

That's been fixed in 1.3.

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That's been fixed in 1.3.

So if I understand correctly, upon a successful upgrade to 1.3 if I open that save, and load one of my quicksaves from prior to the "damage", this exception will not occur and I should be good to go?

2 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

So if I understand correctly, upon a successful upgrade to 1.3 if I open that save, and load one of my quicksaves from prior to the "damage", this exception will not occur and I should be good to go?

I think so, but make a backup of your save beforehand, just in case.

Alexei Leonov on shakedown cruise to Minmus.Will also be topping off the hydrogen tanks, and adding more coolant to the radiators.

qsbyr7X.png

Coasting to Minmus.  Two Buffalo Wings dropships with Pathfinder bases ready for Duna.

WCrlv3w.png

47 minutes ago, Gumby1973 said:

Alexei Leonov on shakedown cruise to Minmus.Will also be topping off the hydrogen tanks, and adding more coolant to the radiators.

Coasting to Minmus.  Two Buffalo Wings dropships with Pathfinder bases ready for Duna.

Looks great! :)

@Angel-125 i got an interesting bug for you, its been a bug for a few versions i keep forgetting to film it, but basically when swapping a d2 truss to fuel tanks on occasion it just scrolls fuel tanks, and all you can do it delete the part, however if you try to place a part again and you loose the ability to right click, and have to exit to the ksp and go back into the SPH or VAB

1 hour ago, Space Kadet said:

@Angel-125 i got an interesting bug for you, its been a bug for a few versions i keep forgetting to film it, but basically when swapping a d2 truss to fuel tanks on occasion it just scrolls fuel tanks, and all you can do it delete the part, however if you try to place a part again and you loose the ability to right click, and have to exit to the ksp and go back into the SPH or VAB

Wow, that's a weird one! How often does it occur? I'll keep an eye out for it. If it happens again, could you post your logs? That'll help me narrow down where the issue is. :)

In the meantime, Here's a quick 2.1.1 update:

- DR-375 docking fix (thanks Gumby 1973! :))
- Community Resource Pack Update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.