[0.19] Multiversal Mechatronics - Fixed Camera - 1.3

r4m0n

What KSP really actually needs is to make you able to 'record' a scene, which means:

- saving the scene at it\'s current state (includes throttle, speed, etc)

- save a log of what happened (X throttles up, throttles down, etc)

- pack it all up in a .rec file (record file)

- have a program for viewing such scenes (or have KSP able to open them from a 'records' menu)

What KSP really actually needs is to make you able to 'record' a scene, which means:

- have a program for viewing such scenes (or have KSP able to open them from a 'records' menu)

Hmmm, sounds to me like you\'re requesting a black box.

An action replay facility. Now this is doable. The consoles can do it, such as with the Dirt games, so I can\'t see why KSP could not.

I believe it saves many game events and the movements of the players/cars/whatever rather than saving an actual render, then renders it from the data if you request an action replay. That would be the logical way of doing it anyway.

I believe it saves many game events and the movements of the players/cars/whatever rather than saving an actual render, then renders it from the data if you request an action replay. That would be the logical way of doing it anyway.

I think most of them do. I\'ve seen inconsistencies before when watching replays, parts acting differently and particles not appearing when they did before. I really hope KSP does get a replay feature, would really add to the hilarity of exploding ships.

I see one problem: how to do replays in a persistent world? I think that gives complications.

You couldn\'t log activity indefinitely - you\'d need to either limit it to the last few hours (or however long makes sense for the amount of data generated), or have a key bound to start and stop logging. The replayer wouldn\'t need to be in-game - it could be a separate application, just feed it log files.

I see one problem: how to do replays in a persistent world? I think that gives complications.

You couldn\'t log activity indefinitely - you\'d need to either limit it to the last few hours (or however long makes sense for the amount of data generated), or have a key bound to start and stop logging. The replayer wouldn\'t need to be in-game - it could be a separate application, just feed it log files.

I envisaged a system where it just recorded the current mission and when ships were switched, it deleted the old replay and started a new one.

Also for failed launches you could possibly slow down time and see exactly what went wrong, because let\'s be honest, with so many parts of the same name (e.g. ten fuel tanks of the same type or five identical wings), the debriefer at the end of missions doesn\'t help much.

This is brilliant! One of those things that you don\'t realize how much you were missing until you see it.

I wonder if there\'s a way to disable the default camera. It\'d be cool to launch a probe somewhere and be limited to only using fixed camera views, just like a real spacecraft.

This is brilliant! One of those things that you don\'t realize how much you were missing until you see it.

I wonder if there\'s a way to disable the default camera. It\'d be cool to launch a probe somewhere and be limited to only using fixed camera views, just like a real spacecraft.

I\'m planning a 'Realistic mode' for a future release, that disables the stock camera if any cameras are present around...

you could also make a camera that you can move around...like one of those domed security cameras.

Ok i failed at putting the pic in here so i\'ll just put the link...

http://theozunaverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/securcamera.jpg

like you use the numpad (or some keys) to make it look left,right,etc.

Damnyoujapan is working on something like that, check the last page of the damned robotics thread

Or you could use the said Robotics plugin to put a rotatron on your plane and attach to it a swinging hinge, and to that, your camera. Then its simple 4-key maneuvering in 2 axes, 1 finite, 1 infinite. Good luck :)

This mod is just ... Kerbalicious! 8)

Maybe you could have it so that when the camera crashes it comes up with the no signal screen like on tv\'s

Dear sir, i bow to you! You\'ve put your finger on the one thing i was missing in the camera mod!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.