[0.19] Multiversal Mechatronics - Fixed Camera - 1.3

r4m0n

Damn, watching your own bombing run from the point of view of an \'enemy\' vehicle on the ground is nerve wracking (despite ASAS and being able to see the navball I don\'t trust myself not to nosedive) but awesome.

Thanks, that worked brilliantly. Why the hell hadn\'t I downloaded the Damned Robotic parts? They are great!

Glad to help :)

Unfortunately, this new perspective has led me to see (while trying to snipe debris from a plane) just how utterly uncontrollable most atmospheric aircraft in KSP are. Sad. I was looking forward to going all Red Baron >:(

You need a decent biplane....(and a joystick helps):

BiplaneMkII.png

This plugin is awesome, but I\'d like an option to only be able to switch between cameras on the current flight; it can take a bit of time to find the right camera on launch when you have many failed launches around the area.

I\'m having fun with these things. I have multiple angles of the launch pad covered. Now I\'m trying to set them along the runway, it is kind of tricky getting them over the runway though, I really would like to put a longer boom on the trucks, but I am afraid it will tip if I do.

VTS59.png

ssvQT.png

You need a decent biplane....(and a joystick helps):

BiplaneMkII.png

I\'ve been wanting to get a joystick for some time now, but I haven\'t owned one in over a decade, so I have no idea what\'d be a good one.

Can someone recommend a particular joystick?

(I\'ll open a new topic if this is too OffT)

It probably is impossible but if the view of two camera\'s could be combined somehow it would allow for stereoscopic view.

(just something i was thinking of)

This! Would be very awesome to orbit something and be able to see it in 3D!

Did someone say 'Three-dee'?

(Warning, big images):

CHAN9.png

MkDjD.jpg

s3gTE.jpg

ZlRLP.jpg

EDIT:

Darn, if you use cross-eyed technique, it\'ll be reversed (far away stuff looks close, and close stuff looks far away). If you all wall-eyed, it\'ll be fine, but the pictures will probably be too big for you to see then. If someone could edit those so the left pictures are on the right (and vice versa), that\'d be great.

This mod is amazing, simple as that!

Something I expected to oneday be added to KSP, but I never guessed it could have been modded in.

Love the little details which are noticable now as well, like the shaking of parts relative to the one the camera is mounted on. Some seriously impressive shots being showed off already as well.

Cant wait to apply this to some of my own KSP videos!

I found a small error when using the camera.

I had the focus on a camera on the jettisoned stage. The engine sound of the ascending stage became softer and softer. (which is of course as it should be). After a short while the camera flicked out and the normal (over-)view of the ascending stage was shown. The enginesound never the less became fainter and fainter as if the camera on the ascending stage still recorded the sound. Finally the sound was completely gone.

While in the atmosphere, the camera will be unloaded along with the jettisoned stage.

That\'s not the problem. The problem is that the sound keeps diminishing until it is completely gone (and remains gone) eventhough the vantage point (view/camera) has changed.

I\'ve been wanting to get a joystick for some time now, but I haven\'t owned one in over a decade, so I have no idea what\'d be a good one.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Easy to learn, good amount of buttons, has a twistable stick for roll control and it\'s cheap. $27 @ Newegg.

Logitech attack 3.

worked for a year, now it seems to be dead :(

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Easy to learn, good amount of buttons, has a twistable stick for roll control and it\'s cheap. $27 @ Newegg.

I\'ll be on the lookout for one of those :D

Is that a recommendation? Because 'dead after a year' doesn\'t really sound all that good ;)

Mother of God.

If the camera would work longer on detached parts...........I would have a stroke. A joyous stroke. A joyous, detached part stroke...while recording.

Eeeeh ... Dolkramp ... are you serious about that stroke? If so, open the the spoiler at your own risk!

Place a MechJeb AR202 case on the required parts which you want to follow detached. After detaching toggle the Orbital map. Double click on the detached parts to switch to that 'vessel'. All camera\'s on the detached part are now usable until the detached part crashes unto the surface.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.