Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

Great news, Nhawks17! :D

I couldn't respond earlier. Children confiscated the tablet. 

Anyway, I need SVE first anyway, since I first need to accumulate enough science and funds in my friendly neighbourhood inner planets before I can begin sending out nuclear powered behemoths loaded with dozens of frozen Kerbals to the outer planets :wink: 

7 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

If 64k uses Sigma Dimensions to do its rescale then you will not need to change anything. If it does not, I'm not sure. I'm sure there might be some tweaking you will have to do on your own.

I think I noticed a sigma folder when I installed 64k

I've just installed this mod and I have a single issue: every atmosphere body is very bright. Eve is almost white. This does not occur in Tracking Station, where every planet looks fantastic.

2 hours ago, Dermeister said:

I think I noticed a sigma folder when I installed 64k

As far as I know the dev of 64k is working on porting it to SigmaDimensions. The sigma folder from 64k might be from sigma binary

I've only just recently noticed it myself - looks like the light layer for the cities is being doubled for some reason. Maybe doubled in the config for some reason... I'll check in the in-game configurations and see if there's anything obvious, but I'm hardly the most knowledgeable where this kind of stuff is concerned. Maybe @Nhawks17 will be able to identify the source when he's working on the new version later on. Really, it's not a huge deal - just makes it look blurry for the most part. Think of it as atmospheric scattering. :)

Everyone give a big ol' shoutout to @Poodmund as this update would've been coming out a week or so from now. He took the liberty of updating the proper configs and such to the latest build of EVE so it's compatible with OPM-VO again and we get the cool new particle system! If there are any problems, I BLAME HIM! Jk :P But really if there are any problems be sure to let me know. Hope everyone enjoys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE v0.6.5

- Updated bundled EVE to latest development version

- Updated configs to latest EVE development build syntax

- Updated .version file

- Added RGB cloud particle for new particle system

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Holy Blue Text blesses Poodmund for his grace

Oh I should also add that I haven't figured out the city lights bug yet (It might just be an issue with EVE) but once I do find out I will put out an update for that.

And behold, the Blue Text did again descend and walk among us, and great was it's glory, and great was the joy of those who beheld it.

Awesome, Hawks - just awesome. Thanks for the hard work (you DID beat Pood with a stick at some point, right?) of yourself and Pood for this.

Did you change the install procedure for this?

I downloaded the 0.6.5 ur version

I deleted eve, and bolderco

I reinstalled eve and boulderco

I then installed sve and overworte the eve folder stuff

and installed the sve folder.

Now when I run I get no clouds??????

12 minutes ago, ctbram said:

Did you change the install procedure for this?

I downloaded the 0.6.5 ur version

I deleted eve, and bolderco

I reinstalled eve and boulderco

I then installed sve and overworte the eve folder stuff

and installed the sve folder.

Now when I run I get no clouds??????

If you download 0.6.5 version  YOU NOT NEED anything just unpack SVE & that it .... soo delete all & how i say just umpack what SVE zip have

for future if you install SVE yout NOT NEED to have in same time BOULDERCO directory because it will get in conflict with SVE CONFIG file = NOOO CLOUD

GL & Have fun.

Edited by Blacks

30 minutes ago, Blacks said:

If you download 0.6.5 version  YOU NOT NEED anything just unpack SVE & that it .... soo delete all & how i say just umpack what SVE zip have

for future if you install SVE yout NOT NEED to have in same time BOULDERCO directory because it will get in conflict with SVE CONFIG file = NOOO CLOUD

GL & Have fun.

So I do not have to install eve first anymore?  The instructions for 0.6.4 were to 1. install eve 2. eve configs, 3. sve overwrite eve folder stuff.,..  So now its just remove eve, bouldco, and just in the stuff in the ur_sve.zip file?

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Oh I should also add that I haven't figured out the city lights bug yet (It might just be an issue with EVE) but once I do find out I will put out an update for that.

Have you looked into the city lights were using? They seem to work and look fine. 

aQIfkiA.jpg

6OqVP0X.jpg

uUHfspo.jpg

1 minute ago, sDaZe said:

Have you looked into the city lights were using? They seem to work and look fine. 

aQIfkiA.jpg

6OqVP0X.jpg

uUHfspo.jpg

@Blacks found the issue, we were discussing it in a PM. He's seem to have found the issue so once I get time again I'm going to test it and put out an update if it does indeed fix it.

2 minutes ago, ctbram said:

So I do not have to install eve first anymore?  The instructions for 0.6.4 were to 1. install eve 2. eve configs, 3. sve overwrite eve folder stuff.,..  So now its just remove eve, bouldco, and just in the stuff in the ur_sve.zip file?

Those were never the install instructions?

7 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

@Blacks found the issue, we were discussing it in a PM. He's seem to have found the issue so once I get time again I'm going to test it and put out an update if it does indeed fix it.

Those were never the install instructions?

I am not going to argue.  I wil ask where the current install instructions are then?  This mod used to add on to EVE and not have EVE included so something changed.  I'd just like to know where  the instructions are?

here is the readme file from the last version I installed.  I have seen no changes so any where in the posts so I assumedd they did not change.  might want to put instructions int eh OP and sticky it.

============================================================================================================

#SVE Stock Visual Enhancements. A port of pingopete's RVE for RSS

Installation Instructions:
1. Download the latest version of Scatterer http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer
2. Download one of the releases from the SVE GitHub. Either UR,HR,MR,or LR depending on your system.
3. Extract the contents of the zip file to your GameData. Override any necessary files.
4. Download Kopernicus https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases
5. Extract the contents of the Kopernicus zip file to your GameData.

When I installed I had EVE already installed and it overrode the stuff in there (step 3) and was working.  I never realized the complete EVE was bundled.  

Edited by ctbram

14 minutes ago, ctbram said:

I am not going to argue.  I wil ask where the current install instructions are then?  This mod used to add on to EVE and not have EVE included so something changed.  I'd just like to know where  the instructions are?

here is the readme file from the last version I installed.  I have seen no changes so any where in the posts so I assumedd they did not change.  might want to put instructions int eh OP and sticky it.

============================================================================================================

1. Download the latest version of Scatterer http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer
2. Download one of the releases from the SVE GitHub. Either UR,HR,MR,or LR depending on your system.
3. Extract the contents of the zip file to your GameData. Override any necessary files.

When I installed I had EVE already installed and it overrode the stuff in there (step 3) and was working.  I never realized the complete EVE was bundled.  

Yeah... EVE has never been a requirement to install beforehand. That "Override any necessary files" is actually an artifact from when I had custom Scatterer configs and the install order was different which would've required you to overwrite Scatterer stuff, not EVE files.

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Now that KSP is in 64 bit, how well does the  UR of SVE run on Windows OS? 

CM

The UR version has worked fine on my Windows install even on 32-bit :) You can just run more mods with it now on 64-bit

9 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:

With the latest version I have a weird thing going on: there city and city lights textures present all over Mun. I installed SVE manually from github, while removing previous installation. Anyone else having same problem?

Haven't seen this at any point, actually. Maybe the Kerbals set up an extensive colony when you weren't looking? *shrug* I'd try a reinstall just to check you did everything correctly.

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Now that KSP is in 64 bit, how well does the  UR of SVE run on Windows OS? 

CM

Well. VERY well. I dropped in the UR as soon as 1.1 hit, and have had no reason to regret it.

9 hours ago, ctbram said:

If you read the instructions you posted, you'll note that at no time did it say to install EVE. That's been the case for quite some time. Additionally, and this is not to sound like a jerk or anything, but it's always good practice to read a few pages back (NOT the entire thread, but at least the previous 5 to 10 pages) before posting an issue - this particular item has been mentioned (by me to others) several times. Nhawks is pretty even keeled about it, but I know some of the other mod authors would completely lose thier stuff if you obviously hadn't done that. More an FYI on best practices, not a grumpy complaint, if you get me... plus it might save you some waiting on a reply post as well. :)

@Nhawks17: Glad to hear about a potential fix to the double light layer. Almost looks like one is a shadow layer to the other from what I've observed... ALMOST not noticeable, until you do, and then you can't un-see it.

Edited by Shadriss

I can never get my game to look like in the pictures. I have no bugs, everything seems to work fine with scatterer (and without), but the Kerbin always has a sort of "stock edge glow", and the clouds look very strange near the night-day terminator line because of that. While the clouds get darker, the sky remains bright.

y2QBiqM.jpg?1

I was about to blame Scatterer, but here's how the game looks just with SVE:

vBzQGMx.jpg?1

Edited by karamazovnew

Are there any know issues with the latest build of SVE and Scatterer? It was working beautifully up until I downloaded the latest version of SVE (UR). Now Scatterer does not appear to be working at all. At least, when Im at the KSC, the ocean is clearly not the Scatterer one. Prior to using the UR version of SVE, I was using the HR one. So im not sure if the issue is with the latest version of SVE or just the UR version of it. 

CM