Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

1 hour ago, Ham the Astrochimp said:

i still cant get scatterer and sve/eve working together. kerbin doesnt have an atmosphere for me...just clouds

So it didnt work when you download the newest versions of SVE and scatterer? Like you dragged the two folders from the sve folder into your gamedata and then dragged the scatterer into your gamedata? Scatterer doesnt show up in the tracking station, you gotta actually launch a ship. Do that and press M and tell me if it works.

Edited by sDaZe

2 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

So it didnt work when you download the newest versions of SVE and scatterer? Like you dragged the two folders from the sve folder into your gamedata and then dragged the scatterer into your gamedata? Scatterer doesnt show up in the tracking station, you gotta actually launch a ship. Do that and press M and tell me if it works.

thanks for the response ill try all that out right now

@Ham the Astrochimp from my quick glances at your pictures it looks like Scatterer just isn't working. The SVE side of things look perfectly fine.

@Red Iron Crown thanks for your assistance :) 

And to everyone else, I've super busy with real life stuff right now so note that any update might be awhile from now. I'm unable to test this with KSP 1.1.2 (I didn't even know this was a thing until right now) but if people test it and see that it works, awesome. I'll be able to keep up to date with the thread and help but no work can be done on SVE for a couple of days probably :D 

It does work in 1.1.2 but it strangely keeps throwing exceptions non stop when flying from the runway...(?)

For example, pointing the camera towards the sea is alright, as soon as I turn it around and face the mountains it's just a waterfall of exceptions. (I don't really understand what it is but I'm guessing it's not right, right ?) 

Other than that it seems to be working fairly okay, I did not notice anything strange. I've tried with and without mods and can confirm the exceptions I was getting were from SVE. 

By the way you have the best visual mod I've ever seen !

4 hours ago, QuentinJericho said:

It does work in 1.1.2 but it strangely keeps throwing exceptions non stop when flying from the runway...(?)

For example, pointing the camera towards the sea is alright, as soon as I turn it around and face the mountains it's just a waterfall of exceptions. (I don't really understand what it is but I'm guessing it's not right, right ?) 

Other than that it seems to be working fairly okay, I did not notice anything strange. I've tried with and without mods and can confirm the exceptions I was getting were from SVE. 

By the way you have the best visual mod I've ever seen !

Are you sure its SVE and not Scatterer? Because that definitely sounds like a Scatterer bug to me, remove scatterer and see if you still get NRE spam.

6 hours ago, Akira_R said:

Are you sure its SVE and not Scatterer? Because that definitely sounds like a Scatterer bug to me, remove scatterer and see if you still get NRE spam.

I just tried removing Scatterer and installing SVE only, I still get the same problem. I can confirm this only happens when using SVE, whether the game is stock or not. It's pretty odd because it does work, I'm just wondering if it's going to cause problems later on if I keep playing ? So far I haven't experienced a single crash. (even after around 2 hours of playing.)

6 hours ago, QuentinJericho said:

I just tried removing Scatterer and installing SVE only, I still get the same problem. I can confirm this only happens when using SVE, whether the game is stock or not. It's pretty odd because it does work, I'm just wondering if it's going to cause problems later on if I keep playing ? So far I haven't experienced a single crash. (even after around 2 hours of playing.)

Try this and replace your EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder with it

42 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Try this and replace your EnviromentalVisualEnhancements folder with it

23 minutes ago, QuentinJericho said:

Working perfectly now thank you so much ! 

I'm curious as to what was wrong with the one @QuentinJericho had, and what the new one was...

1 hour ago, gkorgood said:

I'm curious as to what was wrong with the one @QuentinJericho had, and what the new one was...

The one in the current release of SVE is the 1-1-1 version of EVE while the one I linked him is a development version of it that fixes the NullRef issue as @Blacks had pointed out previously.

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

@Poodmund a little birdie by the name of @sDaZe said you might know how to go about creating custom cloud maps? Is this correct?

This whiteboy over here giving out private information.. I did no such thing. 

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

@Poodmund a little birdie by the name of @sDaZe said you might know how to go about creating custom cloud maps? Is this correct?

To what extent? Mostly its a case of compositing images found on the internet together. I have been experimenting with some programs I ran to generate the procedurally generated Gas Giant textures to see if I can get good results for clouds but still need to do some work in that respect.

4 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

To what extent? Mostly its a case of compositing images found on the internet together. I have been experimenting with some programs I ran to generate the procedurally generated Gas Giant textures to see if I can get good results for clouds but still need to do some work in that respect.

Uhhh well I might need a replacement for the Cirrus cloud textures as they are only 1024x512 and for me to get cubemaps to work on that texture following your tutorial I'll need a texture to match the 8192x4096 that the rest of the textures are in. Atleast to get decent looking 2048x cubemaps

Edited by Nhawks17

3 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

@Poodmund, does SVE affect any of the planets from OPM? My guess is, well... no. Else, why would you have bothered with your mod! Just want to double check: SVE/EVE affects all stock planets only. OPM needs your OPM-Visual Overhaul. Correct? (Im 99% sure that this is correct, just double checking).

Thanks!

CM

Just now, Calvin_Maclure said:

@Poodmund, does SVE affect any of the planets from OPM? My guess is, well... no. Else, why would you have bothered with your mod! Just want to double check: SVE/EVE affects all stock planets only. OPM needs your OPM-Visual Overhaul. Correct? (Im 99% sure that this is correct, just double checking).

Thanks!

CM

This is correct

10 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Uhhh well I might need a replacement for the Cirrus cloud textures as they are only 1024x512 and for me to get cubemaps to work on that texture following your tutorial I'll need a texture to match the 8192x4096 that the rest of the textures are in. Atleast to get decent looking 2048x cubemaps

That is true, at this time, all I can suggest is as I have said above in that the best way to do this (as I think @pingopete has been doing) is to find images that have examples of the clouds you want, cut them out, and composite something together to produce what you need. If you use Photoshop, the Filter > Other > Offset tool is your greatest friend when it comes to generating wrappable textures.

Just now, Poodmund said:

That is true, at this time, all I can suggest is as I have said above in that the best way to do this (as I think @pingopete has been doing) is to find images that have examples of the clouds you want, cut them out, and composite something together to produce what you need. If you use Photoshop, the Filter > Other > Offset tool is your greatest friend when it comes to generating wrappable textures.

Okay! Thanks for the help :D 

Just now, Poodmund said:

If I find a good way to create stuff from scratch, I'll let you know. I have ideas but I don't want to promise anything because it may turn out awful. :D

I'll be patiently waiting :P