Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

nQo89.jpg

It\'s times like this I\'d wish the ground detail level was just a notch higher...

Anyways, I crashed my highly experimental space plane... Not that it happens a lot, but sh** happens. :-[ Captain Herbert managed to climb out and pose for a photo in front of the wreckage. I dare say this is the best picture oppurtunity I\'ve had with KSP

Just started my very first polar expedition by plane and reached the ice without any fuel left.

3FuAn.jpg

cTNIT.png

zHFqh.png

KSP is just beautiful! I am really curious how Harv made the atmosphere looking even better for 0.17.

1zh1swj.png

Bill, Jeb and Bob in their new residence... atop the Launch Tower. I couldn't bear to see them die again, so now they can watch every new rocket launch at close range. Forever, and ever. Until I collide with the tower. Then they'll all die.

(P.S.: While practising, I learned that Kerbals can survive a fall from the tower to the ground with no apparent damage or injury. This requires further testing.)

Edited by flaillomanz

Space Station "Duration" successfully deployed in a 200km circular orbit. Two crew have been onboard for three days.

gvoZS.jpg?1

Today's mission: Rendezvous with "Duration," EVA two crew members from rendezvous ship and swap with the two members on the space station. Transport the two crew members to Mun Base.

The rendezvous ship was a PITA to control- this was the closest I could get on this mission.

One of the brave Kerbonauts during EVA transfer:

EUQdL.png?1

GRJNr.png?1

ciZSA.jpg?1

Mission result: SUCCESS.

Previous Mun Base population: 3

Current Mun Base population: 5

Gregson returning home solo:

2LNOb.jpg?1

Woo hoo, finally got back into the forums! Here's what I built while I was away.

Q3mvq.png

A space fighter!

KghCC.png

And yes, it can get to the moon, with the help of its SSTO-and-more booster stage. 100% stock, except for the missiles I threw on there for kicks. Very tight fuel budget, but it can get you anywhere you need to go. And before you say "what the heck, it's got a fin on the bottom, how do you land that back on Kerbin?", I managed to figure something out on my way home.

4NE6u.png [edit: is this picture working? Just stopped for me.]

Eeyup, this thing has enough gas to come back in to the atmosphere and land tail-first safely on the ground. The twin outboard tanks could probably get you a quarter of the way around Kerbin, at about Mach 1 on average.

Edited by Railsmith

So, I decided to land on the Mun in EVA.

(This was accomplished using infinite EVA fuel from the debug menu, not sure if it's possible with limited fuel)

lzcwL.png

Disconnected from ship in 15x15KM orbit, beginning to slow down.

RmV23.png

Same thing, but you can see the ship has moved much closer to the horizon at this point.

OPsS2.png

Here you can see Chandlan Kerman smiling as he slowly moves down towards the surface.

DuUD6.jpg

Another one, this time a mere ~500 meters from the surface (I think, it's hard to gauge height on EVA. The terrain scatters were looking quite close.)

ellNp.png

Mission Control, we have landed. It's worth noting that Chandlan didn't even stumble as he touched the ground.

(Continued on next post, as the maximum image limit is now 5 per post.)