Devnote Tuesday: A week of Experimental Testing

SQUAD

In fact, Fallout 4 drops on Tuesday, which in my mind is the most likely day 1.0.5 will drop.

Odds are it will probably be on a Tuesday. I'm not doing the math but...

*does the math*

From the dates of all official releases (non-demo) there is approximately a 26% chance of it coming out on a Tuesday. Huh. Seems like it should be higher. My math counted small bug fix releases as full releases though. A lot of the releases occurred on Monday or Wednesday too though.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

guys are the airbrake's toggleable now? if not can you please ad that.

+1

Also, can you please make external command seats crew-able from the VAB/SPH and add the ability to set a default command module? Much appreciated!

guys are the airbrake's toggleable now? if not can you please ad that.

Yes, the articles section on 1.0.5 mentions the action group on the air brakes has been corrected to be more consistent with.... well everything in KSP.

- - - Updated - - -

They can be configured already can't they?

No. Currently they are completely locked to the Brake key and cannot be changed. They do have an action group entry but the game 'forgets' it when it is changed and throws it back to default.

Edited by Alshain

VTOL's aren't dead though. We can work around the new turbines, by mounting them on external thrust pods which hide them. We could use other engines. Hell, I can think of some cool ways to actually use those new turbines. They'd make a good aesthetic part, for sure. I can see people using them as exhaust ports and such. The greebling potential here is pretty high.

Easiest fix of all - back up the part folder and when 1.05 comes out just marry the new .cfg file with the old model.:cool:

also:

since we have new buoyancy.. new water effects.. isn't also needed a BAB (Boat Assembly Building) and a SLS (Sea Launching Site) :D

I don't know about the BAB, but for the prequel (Kerbal Aeronautic Program) and for plane lovers, an SLS could be a welcome addition.

^ This...not to mention it will be easier to set up floating bases on Laythe. Imagine an oil-rig type research station on Laythe, landing pad and all. (Although until a 64-bit version of KSP comes out, part count might prevent that :D)

Edited by Raptor9

Is it true there will be 0.625m parts? is it is it is it is it is it? (read in the manner of a small, enthusiastic child, not unlike myself a few years ago and at times now.)

Some, but mostly for planes it would seem. We have seen a TurboJet engine (which looks like a replica of the Junkers Jumo 004 and is in fact called "Juno"), a fuel tank (presumably LF only) and an air intake.

Edited by Alshain

If we enable things like submarines, boats and so on, I would like to see the possibility to generate more science from "on the surface of [insert planetary body's name] oceans", "below the surface of [insert planetary body's name] oceans" and so on. That would enable us to do missions like they plan on Titan...

As long as they don't call it SLS, too much confusion with the real SLS given the context of the game.

Seaplanes, boats, and submarines are a side effect of the new system, not it's purpose. I'm not sure we really need a marina or drydock.

In real world space program, ship also take a part in it.

ANd it is fun to explorer the ocean.

So please give us a dock!!!!!!:)

In real world space program, ship also take a part in it.

ANd it is fun to explorer the ocean.

So please give us a dock!!!!!!:)

Yes, but is it necessary? Just because it is in the real world is not a reason to add it to the game. There is no focus for it, unless they add boat parts which is unlikely. The functionality of the editor would be no different than the SPH.

If we want stuff under the ocean, we need parts not to float. Almost everything floats. Except Mk3 long rocket fuel tanks and actual rocks, as far as I know. I had an idea for a seafloor rover once. It wasn't doable because everything I build floats. Also we can use jet engines and rocket engines underwater, and there isn't anything on the seafloor.

If we want stuff under the ocean, we need parts not to float. Almost everything floats. Except Mk3 long rocket fuel tanks and actual rocks, as far as I know. I had an idea for a seafloor rover once. It wasn't doable because everything I build floats. Also we can use jet engines and rocket engines underwater, and there isn't anything on the seafloor.

You are aware that the buoyancy code is one of the big changes coming in 1.0.5? I'd imagine not everything will float anymore.

I'd pay for an underwater focused expansion... which does not just mean "more parts:" UI for underwater navigation, water biome map separate from land, science points perhaps scaled on depth reached, flora/fauna observation or collection added to Science (which doesn't exist on Land yet, but if one is dreaming...)

Whoa... it just hit me... if they are writing code for an underwater buoyancy model, how much harder is it to code in an atmospheric buoyancy model? STOCK AIRSHIPS WHOOOOOOO!!!!

I think we already have that? There are balloon/zeppelin mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.