[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

9 hours ago, Theesteban 667 said:

If you try to restart AA, even the complete game.
Could I explain what the flight model is?

It's under the submenu that is shown when you hover the "AA" button on the sidebar (that icon tray where fuel panel and other mod buttons are placed).

9 minutes ago, DianonForce said:

but as soon as i activate Autopilot, it rolls clockwise with insane rate and never stops.

What is the name of the part that is used as propeller blade?

Generally, yeah, I didn't test it on DLC props, and the math assumes fixed-wing plane with no moving parts (

There is a workaround coded, but it obviously fails in your case.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Hello,

Your mod is really nice and I've been using it for a long time. Is there a simple way to use it in IVA (with RPM notably)? I tried with kOS and Baker script but I can't make it work properly.

Basically, I would like to use autopilot like IRL, with buttons in the cockpit to change target heading, altitude, speed and vertical speed. I am opened to learn how to make buttons interact with AA script (like for example if I press one button in IVA, heading will get +1).

Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm having issues with oscillation when FBW is turned on. If I turn it on before takeoff the plane immediately pitches down to the ground right after takeoff. If I turn it on mid flight the plane pitches up and down constantly and if the speed is high enough it gets ripped apart. I'm using the default profile and I also have FAR and Procedural Wings installed. What can I do to mitigate this issue?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

Yes, is there any way to make split rudder work? Like add a plugin? I can write C# so if there is any chance to make it work, I willing to try.

Sorry, don't see a simple solution on design level, coding is a lesser problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I'm trying to use AA to automate the ascent to cruise level.

To do such, on the Cruise Flight Controller I set the desired Airspeed on the Speed control, and then on Vertical motion I set a Vertical speed that keeps the throttle control at 100%, but without dropping the current Airspeed below the desired one. Rinse, repeat.

Cumbersome, because I would like to have the thing doing it automatically to me, so I can focus on other things while the craft is climbing.

There's a way to automate this using AA? I.e., once the aircraft reaches the target Airspeed with the throttle at 100%, the Vertical speed is gradually increased instead of the Throttle being decreased? At the same time, if the current Airspeed drops below the target, the Vertical speed is gradually decreased until the speed matches again the target.

That would make my cruising missions way more comfortable!

If there's no currently available option to do such, I will gladly implement it myself (and do a pull request into the mainstream) if someone could guide me in the process!

12 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Hi.

I'm trying to use AA to automate the ascent to cruise level.

To do such, on the Cruise Flight Controller I set the desired Airspeed on the Speed control, and then on Vertical motion I set a Vertical speed that keeps the throttle control at 100%, but without dropping the current Airspeed below the desired one. Rinse, repeat.

Cumbersome, because I would like to have the thing doing it automatically to me, so I can focus on other things while the craft is climbing.

There's a way to automate this using AA? I.e., once the aircraft reaches the target Airspeed with the throttle at 100%, the Vertical speed is gradually increased instead of the Throttle being decreased? At the same time, if the current Airspeed drops below the target, the Vertical speed is gradually decreased until the speed matches again the target.

That would make my cruising missions way more comfortable!

If there's no currently available option to do such, I will gladly implement it myself (and do a pull request into the mainstream) if someone could guide me in the process!

Try FLC vertical motion mode, should suit you better on climb.

History:

4 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Try FLC vertical motion mode, should suit you better on climb.

Ah, so this is the meaning on the "Pseudo FLC" button! Thank you very much!

In time, while toying with the thing, I ended up mistyping a value (ended up typing a "," instead of "." as my keyboard is PT-BR) and the damned thing gone 737 MAX (and since I use the GPWS add'on, I crashed hearing that terrifying "PULL UP" alarm! My spine is still frozen...).

Well, I think I had solved this problem on the pull request https://github.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/pull/39 .

Please review it and advise any change you want me to do!

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 10:51 PM, Lisias said:

Ah, so this is the meaning on the "Pseudo FLC" button! Thank you very much!

In time, while toying with the thing, I ended up mistyping a value (ended up typing a "," instead of "." as my keyboard is PT-BR) and the damned thing gone 737 MAX (and since I use the GPWS add'on, I crashed hearing that terrifying "PULL UP" alarm! My spine is still frozen...).

Well, I think I had solved this problem on the pull request https://github.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/pull/39 .

Please review it and advise any change you want me to do!

Cheers!

Release 1.6.1

https://github.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/releases/tag/v1.6.1

• Add FPA (flight-path angle) vertical speed mode for Cruise Flight controller.
  • Better handling of input errors in GUI text fields.

Thanks to @Lisias and @T2Fat2Fly for their contributions!

20 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Release 1.6.1

https://github.com/Boris-Barboris/AtmosphereAutopilot/releases/tag/v1.6.1

• Add FPA (flight-path angle) vertical speed mode for Cruise Flight controller.
  • Better handling of input errors in GUI text fields.

Thanks to @Lisias and @T2Fat2Fly for their contributions!

Woah, that feature sounds incredibly useful for SSTOs to be able to set a specific angle to hold! I.E. 10 degree incline, hold until orbit

Edited by HafCoJoe

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2016 at 12:01 PM, Boris-Barboris said:

Will do in next release, if i will find ergonomic way to.

Was this option ever added, and if so, how can I access it? Have been looking through the buttons and config file, but can't seem to find any way to switch from the main toolbar to Blizzy's where I keep all of my "mission critical" buttons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.