[1.3.1] Docking camera (KURS) (14.feb.18)

DennyTX

Great I have the first part !!camera!1 like the video looks good on the ground, and I knew it would not work when docking but at least I saw the other craft and it docking port but as I have no Module manager there was no data, So Guys this mod will get a donation as soon as it connects.. repeated Where do I down load the Module Manager, and does it go in the Games data folder?? plz.

Brian

Hi Denny,

Saw this mod on youtube and looks fantastic. Trouble is I cannot get it to run where you have camera control only 'spy'cam form. eg right click on camera only gives option to turn on, camera activates but shows no adjustment buttons only lock target, follow, and different view, colour with and without interference. I know the docking cam is working but not external camera. Using latest version of KSP 1.2 loud and clear, MM 2.7.1 and docking camera KURS 1.7 v1201. Tried on vanilla install 32 and 64 bit and still only OLDD

Is there something missing? or need to be changed

I do not have the OLDD camera settings icon as in the bandicom video you show, I can adjust all screen filter settings through the bottom left hand button on the screen. I cannot get the camera to target lock therefore no camera movement controls appear,  message appears no target. All I can do is zoom and follow but this is a secondary god like camera not from the actual positioned camera.

Hope this is clear :confused:

Thanks

Lisa-Azra

On 15.10.2016 at 10:26 PM, Lisa-Azra said:

camera activates but shows no adjustment buttons only lock target, follow, and different view, colour with and without interference.

yup, strange. i reproduced this and on my way to fix.

On 15.10.2016 at 10:26 PM, Lisa-Azra said:

I do not have the OLDD camera settings icon as in the bandicom video you show

You need Blizzy toolbar for it.

I think this mod is crashing my game to desktop.

It says "out of memory" in the logs, but I have 16gb of memory...

Module DockingCameraModule threw during OnStart: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_array_new_specific (intptr,int)
  at OLDD_camera.Util.WhiteNoiseTexture (Int32 width, Int32 height, Single alpha) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Camera.BaseKspCamera.InitTextures () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Camera.DockingCamera.InitTextures () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Camera.BaseKspCamera..ctor (.Part part, Int32 windowSize, System.String windowLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Camera.DockingCamera..ctor (.Part part, Boolean noiseActive, Int32 windowSize, System.String windowLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Modules.DockingCameraModule.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Modules.DockingCameraModule.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Module DockingCameraModule threw during OnStart: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_array_new_specific (intptr,int)
  at OLDD_camera.Util.WhiteNoiseTexture (Int32 width, Int32 height, Single alpha) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Camera.BaseKspCamera.InitTextures () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Camera.DockingCamera.InitTextures () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Camera.BaseKspCamera..ctor (.Part part, Int32 windowSize, System.String windowLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Camera.DockingCamera..ctor (.Part part, Boolean noiseActive, Int32 windowSize, System.String windowLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Modules.DockingCameraModule.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OLDD_camera.Modules.DockingCameraModule.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[FlagDecal Warning!]: Flag quad object is given as FlagTransform, but has no renderer attached

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

(Filename:  Line: -1)

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...

Crash!!!
  ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Hi Denny,

Thank you so much for the quick fix. You're a :rep:.

I downloaded Blizzy's toolbar and did have the OLDD button with the 1.2.01 version but not now with the 1.2.02, it is not an issue for me.

This is a great mod thank you for developing it. 

Lisa-Azra

6 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

Checked the previous posts; but the camera button doesn't work for me.  I am running 1.1.3 and using stock alike parts (changes the look of the docking ports)... could that be a bug?

ups.  current version is for 1.2

Have been using / testing current version with 1.2 and it is great.  many thanks.

Is there any chance that we could get some of the extra parts like Hullcam has, but using YOUR method with the individual window(s)???

IT would be nice to have ability for cameras to view various parts of flight, launch, staging, etc and have the camera in some sort of aero-shell AND have in its own window like your docking currently does.

Great stuff DennyTX, thanks very, very much for your work.

Cheers.

" NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    OLDD_camera.AssetLoader+<Start>d__13.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)"

I could not see anything wrong, just thought id post this here maybe it's something

Love the mod, great work.

Couple of things though - I've had a couple of times where I've come within the 2500m range while in warp and the docking camera automatically appears, but the UI completely disappears and the view screws up - it loses focus on the ship, or zooms in entirely, and almost everything goes unresponsive. There are a few, but not all, UI buttons for the docking camera. It's meant I need to reload. In case it's a conflict, other mods I'm using are KAC, TransferWindowPlannner, KER and EER.

Also, is there any way to set the default camera view type?

On 2016/10/20 at 2:32 AM, dtoxic said:

" NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)"

I could not see anything wrong, just thought id post this here maybe it's something

Similar problem. Here's part of my KSP.log:

[ERR 22:42:47.880] You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
Couldn't open file /Users/syimyuzya/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/GameData/OLDD/DockingCam/dockingcameraassets

[EXC 22:42:47.886] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

The incorrect file path seems to be the cause of the problem.

On macOS, the correct location of "GameData" should be "Kerbal Space Program/GameData" rather than "Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/GameData"...

----

PS: Consider using KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath instead of Application.dataPath to locate KSP's root path. :)

• 2 weeks later...

PLS URGENT HELP!!

In VAB I was able to turn the camera on (yay!) but without any controls and such, ESC doesn't work and I haven't saved my vessel for like a 10 mins, I really don't wanna lose it!

EDIT:
YEAP! "The Aziz", with a very matching faced avatar, posted the image before I did!

PLS do not disable this option though! I was waiting for this for a long time, it would really help while building if we had a window as in VAC

EDIT 2: Allright I raged quit. I'll build the vessel again. But for the others, I do want to make a;

WARNING: DO NOT TURN CAMERAS ON IN VAB (v1.2)

Edited by Smart Parts Wanter

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.