Apollo Mission Recreation (And More!) [Requesting Ground Crew Aid!]

ZooNamedGames

Right now maybe, but if we take this seriously (as it is intended to, and as we are supposed to do if we apply) a failure wouldn't be "cool", considering we would have spend at least a few hours (a big few) planning this mission :P

Well if it happens we'll respond accordingly but let's prevent it from ever happening.

i can commit to some simulations, and provided it's either on a weekend or on thanksgiving break I'll be able to do extended ops, but like I said I can be shoved elsewhere if boosters hit the fan

I'll have to check if boosters open, try a smaller role or go for the mission crew, we're lacking there.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for Alexustas (ALCOR/ASET) to release it's nasa inspired iva props:

https://www.youtube.com/user/alexustas22/videos

But we need the Apollo Guidance Computer :|

I'll have to check if boosters open, try a smaller role or go for the mission crew, we're lacking there.

- - - Updated - - -

But we need the Apollo Guidance Computer :|

There was an Aollo AGC mod... but development has stalled: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71470-PYTHON-ALL-OS-basaGC-Apollo-Guidance-Computer-for-KSP

I wonder if there is an opening for either Booster or FIDO?

Edited by MK3424

Exactly. Now I'd like to see someone make the Apollo guidance computer in kOS to add more challenge and depth.

Hi folks. I believe the seldom seen master of Apollo replicas, Mulbin did that very thing a while back.

Send him a friendly PM, see if he still has it.

I'd love to participate in this but I don't know if I can commit to such a long mission, nor do I know how this works.

I think the mission controllers will be watching a livestream whilst monitoring data send by Telemachus and keep a voice chat (probably Steam voice chat), whilst the astronauts are playing in MP together.

But keep in mind that only CAPCOM speaks to the Astronauts...

Hi folks. I believe the seldom seen master of Apollo replicas, Mulbin did that very thing a while back.

Send him a friendly PM, see if he still has it.

I'll PM him now.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the mission controllers will be watching a livestream whilst monitoring data send by Telemachus and keep a voice chat (probably Steam voice chat), whilst the astronauts are playing in MP together.

But keep in mind that only CAPCOM speaks to the Astronauts...

I am aware of this.

This is an accurate depiction of how things will work.

Cool. Sign me up as Flight Activities Officer :)

Sorry already taken ! :P

I may change to LMP if I find time for the entire mission though.

I still think that ZNG should update OP with candidates so that people can see which roles are taken or not. :wink:

I'm still interested as FIDO...

hmm this means i'll need to use this mod to check trajectories: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76273-0-23-5-WIP-Plugin-Stand-Alone-Map-View-Multi-monitor-KSP

This looks like a decent plugin for Telemachus: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/132006-1-0-4-Houston-v-1-0-0-A-Mission-Control-UI-for-Telemachus!

Edited by MK3424

Gosh this sounds like so much fun. Too bad my internets garbage and at most I'd only be available for 1 full day and then nights for the rest.

I'm guessing that there would be more than one guy at a station, we will most likely "work" in shifts.

I'm still interested as FIDO...

hmm this means i'll need to use this mod to check trajectories: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76273-0-23-5-WIP-Plugin-Stand-Alone-Map-View-Multi-monitor-KSP

This looks like a decent plugin for Telemachus: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/132006-1-0-4-Houston-v-1-0-0-A-Mission-Control-UI-for-Telemachus!

Alright. Your FIDO.

- - - Updated - - -

Gosh this sounds like so much fun. Too bad my internets garbage and at most I'd only be available for 1 full day and then nights for the rest.

Yeah' date=' if we need to and we have demand, we can do shifts to manage the mission...

Which reminds me, I need an ASSISTANT FD!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry already taken ! :P

I may change to LMP if I find time for the entire mission though.

I still think that ZNG should update OP with candidates so that people can see which roles are taken or not. :wink:

Updating now AND TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE. Being a flip flop makes I harder to manage. I'm sorry, I REALLY don't want to sound harsh D: !!

Updating now AND TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE. Being a flip flop makes I harder to manage. I'm sorry, I REALLY don't want to sound harsh D: !!

I am FAO.

And if: there is someone to take my place as FAO and no one has the role of LMP and I can stay 78h connected, then I might take the role of LMP. So for now, just forget about me being LMP, and we'll think about it later if and only if all these conditions are met. Happy ? :P

This seems really cool!

I'd enjoy participating in some way, but I don't really know what role I could have, and my availabilities strongly depend on the date of the mission.

Fascinating project! Like Gaarst, my availability depends solely on how the mission schedule aligns with my obligations. But I'd be happy with a small role, and I can be counted on to attend when I say I will.

I am FAO.

And if: there is someone to take my place as FAO and no one has the role of LMP and I can stay 78h connected, then I might take the role of LMP. So for now, just forget about me being LMP, and we'll think about it later if and only if all these conditions are met. Happy ? :P

Alright, and you are marked.

We have no member of the mission crew at this time :| which is bad. The rocket cant fly if no one is aboard! Also, if a desired role is taken, then do not fear! We need to have more of a single role BUT FILL the empty roles FIRST!! Backup/Rotation crews are LOWER priority than filling empty roles.

- - - Updated - - -

Fascinating project! Like Gaarst, my availability depends solely on how the mission schedule aligns with my obligations. But I'd be happy with a small role, and I can be counted on to attend when I say I will.

If crew placement isn't for you, look for an intermittent role where participation isn't needed 100% and you can be a rotational member if need be... But try to fill an empty role before considering it please.

As long as that doesn't require fetching you coffee I'll throw my name into the hat for that one. Also, when the time comes, add me as interested in CMP.

I'll mark you as CMP(?). Since AFD will be selected based on who participates the most, knows the most and in a pinch, makes the best decisions. Since if something goes wrong while your up, YOU have to save the mission. As important as everyone else is to do their job when that happens, they need a leader. Someone to sort through the unneeded red tape and the red lines which mean life or death, success or failure.

Welp, you can put me down for backup INCO. When this goes down I'll ensure I have everything ready to go at a moments notice so if I'm needed and available I can be there. Still, internet connection isn't guaranteed so we'll have to play it by ear as we get close to to the mission.

Also, once we have a specific date in mind, I may or may not be available for a more expanded role.

If I had a decent connection and could guarantee a solid several days free I'd say put me up for the Commander's position as I'd be more than adequate in that role. But alas, life does not allow me this awesome awesome chance.

Welp' date=' you can put me down for backup INCO. When this goes down I'll ensure I have everything ready to go at a moments notice so if I'm needed and available I can be there. Still, internet connection isn't guaranteed so we'll have to play it by ear as we get close to to the mission.

Also, once we have a specific date in mind, I may or may not be available for a more expanded role.

If I had a decent connection and could guarantee a solid several days free I'd say put me up for the Commander's position as I'd be more than adequate in that role. But alas, life does not allow me this awesome awesome chance.[/quote']

Alright, I understand. I'll have you down for backup INCO.

- - - Updated - - -

Also someone mentioned the idea of getting a Squadcast on this... And I'm all for it. So if people feel like rattling the bird cage and getting attention (properly) to this thread, that'll help. Since it will be a significant chance to get lots of help. Possibly 3 people for every role. So the duration won't be so much of a killer. If they want me to be present or something tell them to PM me and I'll get back to them as soon as I can.