Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

2 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

You Moties are lucky in having 3 hands because sometimes there are more than 2 sides to a story :)

I've found there are usually 3 sides... mine, the other guys, and the truth... :wink:

WnnH37b.png

nKPbfu5.png

oOfhgZp.png

YMy10NR.png

So, if you think you were waiting a long time for me to get to Jool--we're finally getting to the images I saw in my head a year ago when I first thought to do the mission this way. Next up, we launch some Gumdrops! 

And for those keeping score at home, so far we've launched one of two Jooldivers and two of four Scansats. :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

22 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

So, if you think you were waiting a long time for me to get to Jool--we're finally getting to the images I saw in my head a year ago when I first thought to do the mission this way. Next up, we launch some Gumdrops! 

"TooWHEEoo.  Now hear this, now hear this.  Set special sea and anchor detail, set special sea and anchor detail"  We've been waiting a long time to hear that.  All the past year, it's just been this twice a day:

"TooWHEEoo.  Sweepers, sweepers, man your brooms.  Give the ship a good sweepdown fore and aft and all interior ladderways and passageways.  Get on it, sweepers!"

At last, the "real" work begins and with all this character work, you haven't lost a bit of your ability to show a mission to us in an engaging way, it's just like the Eve mission operations (the later phases, such as the juggling game getting the M7 ready and the landings on eve and such) in fact, for a moment (just a moment though) I forgot about the Kerbulans.

What a feeling to finally be here and ready to launch the first Gumdrop!

I can only imagine how you must be feeling to have reached this point at last.  And with so much style!
Have I mentioned how beautiful Intrepid is lately?

Also, it's kind of relaxing to not think about the Kerbulans for a little while.

Happy landings!

6 hours ago, Starhawk said:

...it's kind of relaxing to not think about the Kerbulans for a little while.

Happy landings!

Yes, happy landings puny little Gumdrop with weak thrusters and no defenses. Happy landings :wink:

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

But I'd like to think that all 12 crew of the Intrepid have had a bit more character development than Enzin Ricky. 

Poor Enzin Ricky. Not only is he the 13th member of the Intrepid crew, that one kerb in the red shirt that literally everyone has forgotten, but now he's going on an away mission he is almost certain not to return from. If only he had some character development..... Or a different color shirt.

2 hours ago, kookoo_gr said:

a question rose while reading the last pages. Is there a red shirt on your crew Kuzzter? :P

Go back and look behind the Captin on the right side of the bridge near the back... there are 2 redshirts.

8 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Poor Enzin Ricky. Not only is he the 13th member of the Intrepid crew, that one kerb in the red shirt that literally everyone has forgotten, but now he's going on an away mission he is almost certain not to return from. If only he had some character development..... Or a different color shirt.

Out of likes... again. :(

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Go back and look behind the Captin on the right side of the bridge near the back... there are 2 redshirts.

Actually, there are three aboard, all engineers: Looty Comder Bill Kerman, Sous-Leuti Clauselle Kerman, and...

t9aViTC.png

L8PMi1c.png

feufDD7.png

2YYsF6p.png

So yeah, I guess I couldn't ignore the 'red-shirted ensign' trope after all :) One would have to assume that pre-spaceflight Kerbals watched some kind of TV show that had that trope. Who knows, it could have even featured retired officers who served on a certain seagoing aircraft carrier? :wink: 

And wow it is SO much fun to fly craft in the Intrepid's hangar and out into space. Sure, it was pretty cool flying those Gumdrops aboard back in 1.0.5, but that was like watching a slideshow. Now we're really flying!

Edited by Kuzzter
Bill's rank, "Dislby" again...

That episode was very fun!  I like what you did with the trope.

I'm very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed flying the gumdrops out of the hangar.  Something that cool should give you that 'epic cinematic' feel.  :)

Happy landings!  (no matter what @Deddly says.)