Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Love that I introduced the term about an hour ago, and there's already headcanon. Surprised no one's asked for a complete list of rules already. 

Something about gifting the ball to the other team by placing it in the netted gift-receptacle on their half while they try and give it to your team at the same time, no doubt. Whomever  is the most generous gets the title of nicest team.

Edited by FyunchClick
spelling

2 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

I propose you make an entry in the kerbfleet canon reference files about the full rules of mohoball.

Holy Mohole!  That's a good idea!

2 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

I propose you make an entry in the kerbfleet canon reference files about the full rules of mohoball.

Yes, yes, and yes!

Also awesome chapter! I love that they found Kerblus.

...Heroically, Epically, he went to his bunk and took a nap...

:sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue:. Awesome love your stuff.

5 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

But we already have the rules for MohoBall. Jeb posted them five months ago in the Eve: Order Zed thread....

Nope, but I flipped through all the pages anyway to be sure. (really--I couldn't remember if I'd used that joke!) Good times :) 

4 hours ago, FyunchClick said:

Something about gifting the ball to the other team by placing it in the netted gift-receptacle on their half while they try and give it to your team at the same time, no doubt. Whomever  is the most generous gets the title of nicest team.

Nailed it. 

4 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Sorry, but any undertaking of that magnitude will have to wait until the big Dres mission, which BTW will be hand-drawn and set to original music.

2 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Wow, this sign-off thing is really...

Yeah. Folks, please at least make an attempt at content, OK? Or else maybe start a Forum Game of "rate the signoff of the person above you!" Whooooo, fun!

I do make attempts, at content, at least, I THINK I do...... but that's just me. But really, we have a larger situation at hand. Kerbulans, presumably have interviewed Kenlie Kermulan and are probably prepping an armada to destroy the Intrepid. Then there's Kenlie Kerman, who refuses to explain the nature of Kerbulans. I don't see a happy ending for our brave, and heroic Kerbals. Thus, I wish them my whole hearted....

*Determination.

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Mohoball? Sounds like the type of game where the score could end up Q to 12, and you'd have to sing the I'm Sorry song.

GAHHHH! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE THAT REFERENCE!!!

You're doing a great job Kuzzter, and I'm really enjoying reading the thread and most comments, but yeah... I've started to skim over them if I see there's a tagline at the end.

Edited by Deddly

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Sorry, but any undertaking of that magnitude will have to wait until the big Dres mission, which BTW will be hand-drawn and set to original music.

Really, why not up the ante and go with live action? Perhaps starring Kuzz. jr and friends in leotards with pingpongballs sewn on in front of a green screen to be the Kerbfleet crew? I understand that will take even longer to do but I'm sure the Dres Awareness crew would want nothing but the best kind of attention for their beloved piece of rock.

9 hours ago, Deddly said:

You're doing a great job Kuzzter, and I'm really enjoying reading the thread and most comments, but yeah... I've started to skim over them if I see there's a tagline at the end.

I can imagine the interview now: "Kuzzter, your threads are the most-replied-to in the history of the Internet. How do you do it?" "Well, Ellen, I have to give all the credit to my readers. Really. I didn't ask them to post a complete line-by-line performance of Much Ado About Nothing, but they did it!"

3 hours ago, FyunchClick said:

Really, why not up the ante and go with live action? Perhaps starring Kuzz. jr and friends in leotards with pingpongballs sewn on in front of a green screen to be the Kerbfleet crew? I understand that will take even longer to do but I'm sure the Dres Awareness crew would want nothing but the best kind of attention for their beloved piece of rock.

Yes, of course we should do that. I'll start casting immediately. But forget about the greenscreen, it wouldn't look right without a complete human-scale model of the Intrepid. I'll call @Eucl3D for a quote.

13 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Yes, of course we should do that. I'll start casting immediately. But forget about the greenscreen, it wouldn't look right without a complete human-scale model of the Intrepid. I'll call @Eucl3D for a quote.

Don't forget, you have to make an internal set, too, for those close-ups and storytelling shots!

3 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

In my headcanon, the Kerbulan version of Mohoball is called Brownball, and it's just a fight to the death in a big arena with a giant brown ball that you can use however you want.

Perfect. In the amateur leagues it's against the rules to bring knives, guns or explosives into the arena. Most amateur Brownball games are won by whichever side brings the most knives, guns and explosives into the arena.

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

@Kuzzter Just out of curiosity, does Wild Red Industries need to make a warhead part for the Kerbulus torpedoes?

I might drop a mention to Wild Red, but no, a steel I-beam with a bunch of Separatrons strapped to it does quite enough damage on its own thanks!